Hi from Indy

Rampant Chaos

Hey everyone! I have been vegan for almost two years now. Running is my first love. I also did triathlons in '04 and '05, including Ironman Arizona in 05. I may do another Ironman someday, but for now I have no desire to do any cycling. I just did the Chicago Marathon on Sunday, it was my favorite marathon so far.

I'd like to start adding strength training to my schedule next month when I'm fully recovered from the marathon. I've been just running all year, and feel I would benefit from strength training so I hope to pick up some great tips by reading this site.

Welcome to our group! Great to have you here. We have a handful of runners and the group seems to be growing. I'm a former runner myself.

I hope you find lots of information and inspiration here, as well as meet cool people.

All the best and welcome aboard!

I was a Marine Reserve, stationed in Portland OR. I got out in 2000, and I was vegetarian during that time. Which meant that I had to wear leather..(like I am able to argue with goverment issue clothing...) and sometimes it was a little difficult to not have dairy products when out in the field. Besides the point of the constant crap I got, especially in boot camp! But, I am stubborn, and still stayed true. My job consisted of climbing under heavy equipment (such as bulldozers) and using power tools.