HST - Holy Shite Training

Today was going to be the last day with 10 reps each set, so i decided beforehand that i'd increase the weight on every exercise by 2.5kg compared to friday (except the dumbell curls), even those that were hard last time. I figured if i couldn't get 10 reps without failure i'd just stop short of it, doing as many reps as possible. In that case, i would use the same weight again tomorrow for 2x5, if i make 10 reps, i'll gor for 2.5kg more tomorrow.

Warm-up:

Jumping jacks, knee raises, crunches, push ups, squats wihtout weight etc., before moving to warm up sets on the squats,with more push and pull ups inbetween those sets.

Squat: 112.5kg x 10. I really psyched myselffor these, as 110kg was so hard on friday. It proved a good idea to do a thorough warm up, because this was friggin' easy!

Bench: 90kg x 7. Really disappointed, i was pretty sure i could do this 10 times. Blame it on lacking specific warm up, as everything else today was easy.

Barbell row (overhand): 95kg x 10.

Barbell press: 47.5kg x 10. YES! I doubted i could nail these, but i did! Vegan Power!

Chin-ups: 15kg x 10. Hard, but at least i made it

Deadlift: 145kg x 10. Used chalk. This was the perfect weight for 10 reps, i doubt i could have done 147.5 for 10, but i didn't reach failure on the last.

CGBP: 70kg x 10. Easy.

Incline bench dumbell curls: 20kg x 8. Awesome, 2 reps more than last time and the last was easier, too

Dips: 32.5kg x 9. Failed on the 10th, dammit Still great set, very pleased

Calf raises with 40kg, 14 reps each side.

Awesome workout

Tomorrow 2x5, increasing weight except on bench and curls.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard workout today. All my joints hurt, don't know why,yesterday it was fine.

Warm-up:

Jumping jacks, knee raises, crunches, push ups, squats wihtout weight etc., before moving to warm up sets on the squats,with more push and pull ups inbetween those sets.

It was really hard to get warm, it's still cold here - i need more clothes!

Squat: 115kg 2x5.

Bench: 90kg 2x5.

Barbell row (overhand): 97.5kg 2x5.

Barbell press: 50kg 2x5. YES!

Chin-ups: 17.5kg 2x5.

Deadlift: 147.5kg 2x5.

CGBP: 72.5kg x 5. Easy.

Incline bench dumbell curls: 20kg x 8.

Dips: 35kg x 5.

Calf raises with 40kg, 12 reps each side.

Rest tomorrow.

Good rest day yesterday

Had a fast walk for cardio

Great weight session today

Squat: 117.5kg 2x5.

Bench: 92.5kg 2x5.

Barbell row (overhand): 100kg 2x5.

Barbell press: 50kg 2x5.

Chin-ups: 20kg 2x5.

Deadlift: 150kg 2x5.

CGBP: 75kg x 5.

Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 4.

Dips: 37.5kg x 5.

Calf raises with 42.5kg, 12 reps each side.

Everything easy

Had a fast walk for cardio

Good Two times 30 minutes? ´

Meh.

25 + 35 minutes, and shopping in between

Keep it up, your gonna turn green any day soon

Yes!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/avatars/380801305449ead258cccd.jpg http://www.intensemuscle.com/customavatars/avatar4951_3.gif

I just need more protein shakes!

(even the smily turned green...)

25 + 35 minutes, and shopping in between

So you actually walked quite slow on the way home as it seems

If that'll count for cardio

Of course it counts!

And you're wrong, i wasn't slower on the way back

Great weight session today!

I was looking forward to it since yesterday

Before i started, i intended to use the same weights as yesterday, except for deads and dips, because those were easiest yesterday.

But i felt so strong, i increased the weights on every exercise I contemplated a long time for squats, and even longer for bench, but it showed it was a god idea

Actually, deads and dips were the hardest today

Squat: 120kg 2x5.

Bench: 95kg 2x5.

Barbell row (overhand): 100kg 2x5. Only exercise i didn't increase the weight, because i wanted to focus on impeccable form

Barbell press: 52.5kg 2x5.

Chin-ups: 22.5kg 2x5.

Deadlift: 152.5kg 2x5.

CGBP: 77.5kg x 5.

Dips: 40kg x 5.

I decided to include extra grip training every other session from today on:

Thickbar dumbell static holds. 40kg x 20sec, 10sec.

Yes! Finally some first signs of strength potential!

Tomorrow rest and eat

Looking forward to the next session

Friday:

Rest day.

Bulker's cardio: 2x1min run, 2x10min bike, 10min fast walk

In the evening strongman marathon.

Strongman DVD marathon, that is, with lots of food

Today:

Squat: 120kg 2x5.

Bench: 97.5kg 2x5. Very pleased with this one

Barbell row (overhand): 102.5kg 2x5. Easeh!

Barbell press: 52.5kg x5, 4. Missed one rep

Chin-ups: 22.5kg 2x5.

CGBP: 80kg x 5.

Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 5.

Dips: 42.5kg x 5.

Was pretty tough today, i'm getting closer to my limits. Didn't feel like i had a rest day yesterday.

Tomorrow last time 2 sets, net week 1x5 a bit heavier.

I think i'm going to cut out all exercises after deadlift in the last week, when i'll do heavy triples, doubles and singles.

Didn't really want to workout today. I felt lazy this morning.

I had the Ronnie Coleman quote in my head "Everybody wants to be abodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights!"

So, i went to work:

Squat: 122.5kg 2x5. I didn't plan on increasing the weights today, but felt so strong in the warm up.Was a good idea, this was EASY!

Bench: 97.5kg 2x5.

Barbell row (overhand): 105kg 2x5.

Barbell press: 52.5kg 2x5.

Chin-ups: 25kg 2x5.

Dips: 42.5kg x 3.

Calf raises with 42.5kg, 13 reps each side.

Static thickbar dumbell holds: 40kg x 10, 8, 7; 30kg x25 seconds.

This workout felt much better than yesterday, everything was easier, except curls and dips, but who cares

Tomorrow rest.

You are a Diablo 2 nerd? I spent a couple years on that game. Do you play the Zy-El mod or just the standard version? If you do enjoy that fine game and haven't tried the Zy-El mod I would strongly recommend you put that to use, as it makes the game 100X better than the standard version. Your training and life in general could suffer from the lack of sleep though.

Regards,

Sensless

Someone actually reads my log!

Thanks for comenting on my training sensless

Hehe, i'm not really a Diablo II nerd, i'm a nerd for other reasons

I just happen to play that at the moment. I play the standard version, mostly referred to as classic, as opposed to the Lord of Destruction expansion. I have no idea what the Zy-El mod is

Yesterday was rest day.

Bulker's cardio: walk around in Edinburgh shopping = fast walk with standing in between, no sitting, i'd say it passes as intervall training 4 hours!

2x15min fast walk.

Bike: 20min.

Todays workout:

Squat: 125kg x5. Not easy, but solid. Might increase tomorrow if i feel good.

Bench: 100kg x5. Hard but no problem. Won't increase tomorrow though.

Barbell row (overhand): 107.5kg x5. Easy, to be increased to 110kg

Barbell press: 55kg x4. Mused a long time about whether i should do 52.5, but i did that often enough for 2 sets, so 55kg had to go. First 3 reps were really easy, but a 5th would have been to much. Tomorrow, though.

Chin-ups: 27.5kg x5. Nice

Deadlift: 155kg x5. Last few trainings the first rep always felt so heavy, so i psyched myself and focused on the first rep, expecting a heavy weight. It was a very fast and easy first rep therefore - but all the others were hard

Dips: 42.5kg x 5. Really nice and easy today

Calf raises with 42.5kg, 13 reps each side.

The Zy-El mod was created by some guy that has too much time on his hands and was obviously a huge fan of the game. It expands the game considerably and makes it truly addictive. Level max is increased to 10000, skills are increased, item creation becomes unlimited, thousands of new unique and other items are added and same with the monsters. He even developed/altered some of the maps to make them more challenging and interesting. It is really quite ridiculous but much better than the standard version or the LOD expansion.

As you may have guessed, I spend some time playing the terrible video games. There isn't anything else to do during the long winters in Wisconsin (read: excuse)!

Have you been gaining any weight on the program you are doing?

Regards,

Sensless

Sounds like crazy fun sensless

I think i'll pass on it though

Or maybe... nah, too dangerous

I'm not sure about the weight gain, maybe 2 pounds. It's hard to tell with different scales, and i don't weigh myself that regularly. I'm focusing on strength gain anyway, i think if i gain overall strength in a variety of rep ranges, i'll gain weight, too.

Good session man! Hardcore weights on everything these days Now I have to try and keep up

Lol, what are you talking about?!

You're stronger in almost all lifts, i'm the one who's got catching up to do

And i am

Today:

Bulker's cardio: 2x30min walk (to supermarketand back)

Weights:

Squat: 127.5kg x5. Okay. I have to remember NOT to increase it next time, i'm not sure about the depth today.

Bench: 100kg x5.

Barbell row (overhand): 110kg x5. Easy, to be increased to 112.5kg

Barbell press: 55kg x5. Wasn't really stronger than yesterday,only more determined

Chin-ups: 30kg x5. Nice. Not going to be increased.

Deadlift: 157.5kg x5. As with squats and chins, i decided in the last second to increase the weight. Was hard, but okay. Remind me NOT to increase it next workout!

Incline bench dumbell curls: 22.5kg x 6. I think that's a PB

Dips: 43.75kg x 5. Wasn't sure wether to increase or not, so i increased only 1.25kg I think this might be a PB, not sure, have to check my old log.

Calf raises with 42.5kg, 15 reps each side.

Thickbar dumbell static holds: 40kg 3x20 seconds

Good eating today, too

Tomorrow rest :/

Looking forward to next week:D

Edited by Daywalker

Hi DW I have a question for you. I am having a weight session right now and have just found that my body is unwilling to do what it did last time and I had to reduce the # of reps. for my bench press for the last set by 1.

My question is, in your opinion am I working too hard or is it ok to temporarily decrease the repetions of one exercise in order to increase strength overall?

thanks and I am looking up to you at least metaphorically - I think we are approximately the same height 5'10" - you weigh less than me but you lift so much more . Have to get back to lifting heavy weights .

Hi DW I have a question for you. I am having a weight session right now and have just found that my body is unwilling to do what it did last time and I had to reduce the # of reps. for my bench press for the last set by 1.

My question is, in your opinion am I working too hard or is it ok to temporarily decrease the repetions of one exercise in order to increase strength overall?

I'll check your log and reply there

thanks and I am looking up to you at least metaphorically - I think we are approximately the same height 5'10" - you weigh less than me but you lift so much more . Have to get back to lifting heavy weights .

Awesome, thank you!

I'm 6' 1''actually

Thanks for looking at my log, I hadn't finished today's workout when you looked at it though . Your advice about decreasing the volume on the more superficial exercises, the assisted lifting curls etc., I think this may be a good thing. I didn't realize how much effort is involved in keeping a full body workout, i.e. the volume is already high compared to a workout that exercises single muscle groups per session.

may I ask why do you do a full body workout every time you are in the gym versus doing only 1 or 2 bodyparts a day?

I am just curious.

When I used to train my whole body I never made any gains. Once i switched to 1 bodypart a session I saw immediate results

I don't understand it either...I worked out with him and it didn't make sense but it works for him...he's pretty lazy on the bike though...I've seen him...all he does is check out dudes at the gym when he's on the bike

he's pretty lazy on the bike though...I've seen him...all he does is check out dudes at the gym when he's on the bike

Haha, that's true, but you only tell everyone here is that you're jealous

I saw you on the bike, too, and i think the only reason you didn't check out anyone was because you were too busy keeping your eyes open and not fall asleep at all. Next time, maybe try to pedal a bit faster, it helps

Harley, i do a whole body workout for the same reason you don't: i see results

Today's lifting:

Squat: During the warm-up, i felt a sharp pain in my left knee (the operated one). It was on the second set with 60kg, all of a sudden. I tried various stances. I thought i'd have to cancel squatting for today, it really pissed me off In the end, i just did very slow reps and focused on keeping my knee very stable. Made the whole thing a lot harder I just have to keep in mind not to get carried away with heavy weights and keep my form. So: 127.5kg x5.

Bench: 100kg x5. Still quite heavy

Barbell row (overhand): 112.5kg x5.

Barbell press: 55kg x5.

Chin-ups: 32.5kg x5. I didn't quite manage to lock out the last rep

Deadlift: 157.5kg x5.

CGBP: 80kg x 6. Only reason i didn't increase was to save energy for dips, which i knew were going to be hard.

Dips: 45kg x 4. Dammit Tomorrow!

Then a Jono smoothie. Either they get more tasty, or i'm getting used to them... which is a scary thought

Now i'm going to have a bike ride, ~45min i guess.

If I could fall asleep on a bike I'd never stop riding a bike...I can never fall asleep. As for the speed I'm pedaling...its really that I pedal so fast...kinda like the logo on some cars rims...you can see them standing still even though they definately aren't