Yet another introduction....

clsupnorth

Hope that explained it better.

Yeah, it perfectly does

So you have made a major turn in your life. Not only have you gotten yourself in great shape and ready for competition, but also are you are changing your profecion. Or will you be doing that aside? Have you been doing something with nutrition or training before?

Have you been on your own while you were training and "transforming"?

If you tell me what a "hubbie" is, I am completely happy

The clueless K-oz

Hope that explained it better.

Yeah, it perfectly does

So you have made a major turn in your life. Not only have you gotten yourself in great shape and ready for competition, but also are you are changing your profecion. Or will you be doing that aside? Have you been doing something with nutrition or training before?

Have you been on your own while you were training and "transforming"?

If you tell me what a "hubbie" is, I am completely happy

The clueless K-oz

You've never heard anyone refer to their 'hubbie' before? I thought that would be an easy one!

Profession changes: Yes. I've worked in the veterinary field for the last 9 years. Not happy with it. I've always had a huge interest in nutrition/health, and I finally decided that the perfect career would be one that revolves around my passions. I come from a long line of herbalists, aromatherapists (I'm one too), vegetarians, and various health minded people. It's in my blood.

And yes, I've been alone during my 'transformation'. I just started doing it, and before I knew it I had immersed myself so much in the lifestyle and research, that I knew more than anyone 'local' could help me with. I'm the kind of person that doesn't just want to be told... I want to KNOW myself.

Ok, I've scanned this post and I don't see any new abbreviations that you should have a problem with..

Ok, I've scanned this post and I don't see any new abbreviations that you should have a problem with..

No, in fact I have never heard of a hubbie before... but I was having a guess on husband myself

Well, I am not married, I don't know anybody who is (except for the parents of someone). And I guess we would not say hubbie here anyhow

Next time some appreviation comes up, I will post my guesses

But anyway. This is really cool about your profession and that you are a selftaught person

I want to know it (how to train) myself as well and I am just now wondering how to do it. Did you read books or how did you get all the information?

Especially on the excercises. Daywalker tried to teach me deadlifts once and I didn't get it. Now I am alone and I would like to start with deadlifts, but how do I learn it?

All the jerks in this weight room don't seem to have a clue themselves. If I asked them for advice, I could very well just throw away my health by myself

I mean. The theoretically part is caught up easy I guess (reading? Internet?), but what about the practical one?

You live in Germany, right? I love it there. My bro (brother) lived and worked in Berlin for a year, my mom is from France/Germany and is fluent in 6 languages (she lived/worked in Frankfurt for many years), and I have lots of family in France and Austria. Can't wait to go back.

My advice is read, read, read. Read everything whether you think it's related to your needs or not. One day you may need the info. Read stuff that's written by non-vegans, don't discriminate. What you can't apply can be modified. I posted a bunch of my fave links here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=55216#55216

I have this site on that list, but take a look at deadlifts here. Each exercise has a video to show proper form.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html#anchor169231

Depending on what type of deadlift you are doing, I've found that 1) looking slightly upward keeps back from slouching 2) keep toes pointed out slightly to keep knees from buckling in 3) think of arms as lifeless strings that are merely keeping weight attached to you - they should not be engaged in movement at all and 4) at the bottom of the movement, think only of using your ass and legs to push you up. 5) Keep back straight, straight, straight! and most importantly.... 6) keep the weight lighter until you master form. Trying to use weight that is too heavy before you are doing it right is a recipe for disaster.

My advice is read, read, read. Read everything

:aaa: Oh, how I hate reading. I'm such a slow reader

But thank you so much for the links. The lower one didn't work, although I tried various times.

And thanks for the advice on the deadlift.

I always think that it would be good to have someone standing and watching, who then can point out the mistakes. Since I didn't quite manage to do it right before.

But I'll just have my tries and we'll see.

If you ever come to Germany or even Frankfurt, tell me

I live in Frankfurt.

Many geetings,

K-oz