Hi from Robert's new roommate

veggymeggy

Hey Tarz-an,

I've been house-sitting my friend's house a couple of miles down the road ever since Megan moved in a little over a week ago. So we haven't seen each other too much lately.

The dog is named Razor, he's 12 years old and still very active and a fast runner and has lots of enthusiasm. I've know Razor for probably 10 years or longer. Razor is David's dog; David is featured on the main site under Why Vegan and also maybe under Men's health, on this forum. David is a good friend of mine for over a decade.

Razor hasn't really met the cats, which are Megan's actually, not mine. I think when Razor and I stopped by Megan's old house one time, maybe he met the two cats. I'm not exactly sure how to spell the cats' names (Cava and Kayso). I'm sure I'm WAY OFF on the spelling, but I'm sure Megan will introduce the cats soon. One of the cats always hangs out in my room even when I'm not there or maybe Because I'm not there.

Anyway, yeah, Razor is a coooooool dog, one of my really good "friends"

Well, I gotta get going, catch ya'll later.

Robert

Razor sounds a cool dog. It's good that he can still run at 12 and is still very active.

My sister has got a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Floyd. He's ace. He loves me loads coz I'm daft enough to walk him and play with him for hours. He's strong and muscular - this breed has phenemeonal jaw strength - but he's soft as a brush. I don't see him so often since I moved down to London. Staffordshire's my home county so I'm proud these dog's originate from my neck of the woods.

I used to have a dog - he died back in 2002. He had a good innings though - he was fifteen and a half.

Sorry to go off topic and ramble on about dogs on your intro pages Meg

Razor sounds a cool dog. It's good that he can still run at 12 and is still very active.

My sister has got a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Floyd. He's ace. He loves me loads coz I'm daft enough to walk him and play with him for hours. He's strong and muscular - this breed has phenemeonal jaw strength - but he's soft as a brush. I don't see him so often since I moved down to London. Staffordshire's my home county so I'm proud these dog's originate from my neck of the woods.

I used to have a dog - he died back in 2002. He had a good innings though - he was fifteen and a half.

Sorry to go off topic and ramble on about dogs on your intro pages Meg

Sorry to hear about your friend's passing Tarz. You must miss him terribly. I am sure you gave him 15.5 years of loving friendship. Ever think about rescuing another dog from the pound to share your life with?

I am! I talked a meat-eater friend into doing it for the next 30 days (starting 9/1)...and I figure there's no point in him trying vegan out if I'm not doing it with him, and there's no point in me only doing it fo 30 days....so I'm making the switch

Should be easy enough I think, not like I'm chowing on flesh as it is!

ya, veggymeggy -it should be quite easy for you, since you are already veg!!! The only non-vegan thing that I miss is cheese, and I dont like the taste of any vegan cheeses unfortunately.

But too bad for my tastebuds, though, because the suffering of millions of bovine mothers and their BABIES is more important than what my stupid tastebuds are missing!!!

I wish more people saw it that way too.

P.S. Thanks for deciding to move beyond vegetarianism to veganism. It appears that the time for you has come!!!

Yeah Nat, I still miss him loads, he was my boy

A right little character, I had him from when I was 9 - 24, so the majority of my life, and then he was gone.

I might get another dog one day - I don't own the place where I live at the mo, I'm out a lot, plus London doesn't have too many gardens for dogs. I just make a fuss of those dogs I bump into.

You get pets Nat??

Yeah Nat, I still miss him loads, he was my boy

A right little character, I had him from when I was 9 - 24, so the majority of my life, and then he was gone.

I might get another dog one day - I don't own the place where I live at the mo, I'm out a lot, plus London doesn't have too many gardens for dogs. I just make a fuss of those dogs I bump into.

You get pets Nat??

Hi Tarz,

Yes, I know what you mean about being out a lot. I dont have a dog for that reason. I simply am currently unable to give a dog the attention that they need and deserve. But one day, when I have a house and am settled in my career, I plan on rescuing many dogs from a shelter and having like two or three of them. I would really like to one day have a ranch where I take in all kinds of abused, forsaken, rescued animals - including farm animals. This is the least that we owe animals, after centuries of raping and pillaging them.

Right now, I have two cats (like Meg), named Riley and Rambo. Both rescues (one from a shelter, one from a frigid Toronto winter when he was only a few weeks old).

They're great! I love them.