Star Gate Atlantis thoughts on Wraith and its ties with Food

kollision

After watching Star Gate Atlantis I just had to write this. Anywho todays episode was based on a Wraith female who was taken in by a human while she was a child.

A Wraith for those that do not watch Star Gate Atlantis is a creature that is half human/half insect which evolved from an insect that always feed on humans. The Wraith's diet consists of sucking humans dry to maintain their own life. The Wraith is depected on the show as evil because they feed off of people. Some even keep the humans alive in a type of webbing so that they can slowly drain the life of the human victim.

Anywho, back to the episode. So the man took the child female wraith in and at first fed her with normal people food. Then as she matured, it wouldn't sustain her anymore so then she was dying. Her human father forced her to feed on him so she could live, even though she didnt want to at first. So over the course of time, he created a chemical that supposedly quenched her thirst for people, so he thought.

The Star Gate Atlantis team came and were investigating if she or another wraith was killing the people of the town. During the episode, we find out that she was feeding on people but she regretted it and apoligized to her father many times after she told him.

She also did not like what she was and her thirst for people, but that was how she had to live.

Now onto my points on people and how in reality man is the monster and not the Wraith in the show.

1. Wraith feed because that is all that will fulfill their hunger. People on the other hand feed on whatever food they want, due to desire of taste not to sustain life.

2. The Wraith are supposedly bad because they eat humans to sustain their life, yet its ok to put animals through torture just to get that taste in our mouths and gluttony.

This show makes me think ponder a lot about people. If anything is done against humans, even if it is basic survival needs, it is condemned. You could be walking in the forest, be attacked by a coyote, and they go and kill that coyote because the coyote attacked the person. Who exactly is crossing the other land and is making it even smaller for them to live? And whats even more worse is that hunting for sport is not even condemned! Gosh how society is backwords.

To people that believe in God, I really hope God comes soon so this stuff ends! The chosen race. Ya right, we are the worst tyrants ever to roam this earth. As a matter of fact, we are the only race with tyrants.

Humans are amusing. We so quick to blame and judge. The whole town could have come together and saved each other by donating blood and such to sustain the girl and all survive. Or maybe not. I don't even completely remember all of the detail of what I just read. So, basically, i just think humans could and SHOULD think more.

Yeah, something that kills out of necessitationalization can't be said to be wrong or evil, where as something which chooses to kill for no reason can be, in my pinyun.

Exactly. As Vegans, we are responsible still for killing living things, but this is from situations which we cannot control.

One thing that gets to me is how the anti-vegans bring up ideas such as "animals are killed for your food" and "when you use a car, you kill insects". That is totally different from their position. They do not see the difference between how animals may die for our food, compared to their concious decision of sending an animal in there to be tortured for their entire life. The animals we may kill through our food is not intentional, unlike theres. We do not subjugate them in a life long torture, like they do. And we try to take the best alternative we can to eliminate the suffering, which they do not.

I can bring up some statements on them, such as how Mc Donalds and other corporations are responsible for starving in the third world, how buying diamonds, shoes, etc. helps child labor, etc.

Humans are amusing. We so quick to blame and judge. The whole town could have come together and saved each other by donating blood and such to sustain the girl and all survive. Or maybe not. I don't even completely remember all of the detail of what I just read. So, basically, i just think humans could and SHOULD think more.

That blood thing, its different. The wraiths suck the life out of the person to survive, and take about 3 to 4 meals a year (compare that to humans and even us vegans who need to sustain our life on vegetables and fruits every day). Now the Wraiths go to worlds and hunt just as we hunt food for ourselves (or used to for lack of that).

I doubt the village would donate their youth to them (because it makes them older) for a number of reasons, especially that the Wraiths did hunt their ancestors and family. Also the villagers never even knew of her because the guy took to raise her as his own in the forest for fear they would kill her.

ANywho, yes Humans are quick to judge when something happens to them, but their choices and the consequences that follow is no big deal. Bunch of superior ruthless tyrants.