Just for Robert

stray tortoise

Hi, my name is Katrina -- I'm the girlfriend of Liz, a.k.a. FormicaLinoleum. I've met several people from this board already in real life, and everyone was so nice and inspiring that I thought I would join someday. I've been vegan for almost a year now and am interested in going raw. I'm not a very active person currently but would like to change that. Liz and I have started rollerskating lessons with the intention of joining rollerderby once we move to London. I'm mostly here to appease Robert but also to start a treewatching thread with CrisMish and to talk rollerderby with VeganMadre -- though I wouldn't mind meeting more nice people too

Edited by stray tortoise

Ninja Richard, rollerderby is an American contact sport that is undergoing a grassroots revival among women. Basically, it's a bunch of tattooed women skating around a rink, trying to break each other's teeth, though there are rules. It's very fun to watch, and everyone has campy names like Assaultin' Pepa and Dickless Tracy. I just love it!

Welcome my friend! Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I would have liked to have been the first to respond, but I've been away from my computer nearly all day.

Great to see you on here. Thanks for supporting me and for being part of our community. You've met more forum members in person than most of the other members here! I've enjoyed all of our times hanging out, and you are tons of fun and totally funny too. I think we get along quite well.

Welcome aboard and I'll see you on here more often I'll say hi to CrisMish for you.

Roller Derby:

Old School:

http://www.urbanhonking.com/medschool/archives/rollerderby5.jpg

New School:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/p-sugar.gif

Combine the two and you have modern day divas bruising each other, playing dress up (or dress down in my case if I can get my name approved - given that it is sort of taken), showing leg and giving lip.

Doesn't that just sound like the greatest thing ever??

Welcome K! How's the name selection coming? Welcome to the lovely board!

It looks like we have more than roller derby in common! I also thoroughly enjoy making fun of Robert.

Awesome...maybe you can even swing a vegan roller derby team

Haha--that would be pretty cool. We have two members so far... I guess we just need about 10 or 12 more!

If you pay for my food and rent i will move to wherever i need to to join that.

O wait isn't it all girls? I'll get a sex change as long as i get free food and rent.

Hi Stray Tortoise!

I love the screen name

We've met once in this café in Baltimore, where Veganpotter had the display of his pottery, if you rememer

Great that you joined the board, i already enjoy reading your thread!

So, tortoise and madre, what are your roller derby fight names?

It looks like we have more than roller derby in common! I also thoroughly enjoy making fun of Robert.

Don't we all just love to do that?

It's just good to know that he's a strong vegan bodybuilder who can take the beating!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

So, tortoise and madre, what are your roller derby fight names?

" Lady Go-Die-Vah"...Well, Lady Govida is already taken and you aren't supposed to duplicate names in roller derby. I'm wondering if my different spelling will make a difference. I'd really love that name! It's so fitting - it's violent, , activist and nudist all rolled into one.

hehheheh

Daywalker, I most certainly remember you and your love of peanut butter The roller derby name that I first thought of is taken as well, i.e. Faster PussyKat. I have since thought of several idiotic names like Milli Gonna-kill-ye and Amelia Gonna-spill-ya (and for the British lesbians out there, Mingersmith), but the name I finally decided on is, unfortunately, top secret because I'm deathly afraid that someone somehow might steal it (highly doubtful considering its obscurity, but as Liz will confirm, I can be extremely paranoid and silly).

Loveliberate, it was so nice to meet you and your family -- I hope you are feeling better too

VeganMadre, we rock!

And, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!