'nother intro...

Trev

Hello everyone, I'm Trev from North Vancouver, BC, Canada and I'm a vegan.

Phew, now that that's over with... Robert, I spoke to you briefly at the Taste of Health in Vancouver in Sept, and went to your seminar. I was super-impressed and checked out your site. Anyway, here I am, finally joining the forum...

Vegan for: 6 and one half months

Sport: Kickboxing (Sport Kickboxing Federation - karate/muay thai style)

Former Sport: Observed Bicycle Trials, retired due to injuries

I started kickboxing 7 months ago (had done traditional karate earlier in life), went vegan a month later and got amazing fitness results. I was excited to find a site like this, and a great forum full of like-minded people.

Welcome Trev!

Thanks for saying hi. I enjoyed the Taste of Health in Vancouver and it was great to meet a bunch of cool people, including yourself. Thanks for joining our forum. As far as forums go, we're still pretty new, but growing at a pretty good rate. We have some amazing people on here, as you'll soon find out.

Come by anytime and check out what's new. You'll make a bunch of new friends and perhaps even find people in your area.

All the best, and welcome to our group!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

In answer to the whole cycling-injury-kickboxing thing -- I was doing bike trials at the expert level where stuff's pretty committed (check out www.observedtrials.net ). Anyway I hurt my back badly last year, then my hip, then my back again... kickboxing is way safer -- there's no jagged rocks to fall onto, or slippery logs to fall off of. Of course, I did get a rib broken while sparring last week...

that veganunderground.com is a really great site.

Thanks, CollegeB! It's still a bit of a work in progress. I guess I wanted to do something a bit more than a blog, or a myspace, so we created our own site. I'll do my best to keep the content fresh, with blogs and news bits. I'm hopefully going to do something more with it along the athletic line. Suz should have some more cool desktops soon too.