PETA's "Human Race"

veganmadre

Ok, I have set this as a goal of mine for 2006. I'd like to be comfortable enough in my own skin to participate next year in PETA's "Human Race" in Spain. I think it's a pretty awesome idea! In protest of the "Running of the Bulls", PETA "runs naked people". I certainly find it more entertaining to watch naked vegan/vegetarians running/walking than I do bulls. (Not everyone goes completely naked, by the way). Anyone else ever consider participating in this?

dude i love being naked. Id totally do that if i had money to go to spain. just put a fig leaf on the front of my junk and im all set.

I have no "junk". Sorry. I just despise that euphemism.

I'd do it, even if I weren't in relatively good shape. But then, I'm a nudist.

I WON a naked race a few years ago. There were about 40 participants and it was about a 2-mile race, maybe longer.

Here is how it went:

We got into teams a few days or a week before the race. There were 3 to a team (to make sure nobody got lost).

We all arrived at a starting point and none of the teams or members knew where the destination was. Once we all arrived around 11PM in a park near the city center in Corvallis, we received instructions from the person in charge.

We all disrobed and put our clothes in a van that would meet us at the finish line. Then we were told where the destination was. At the sound of a "GO" or whistle, I don't remember which...we took off! There were many methods to get to the finish line.

My best friend at the time Aaron Richards was leading the race the whole way. He was our Navigator. In the final 1/2 mile, (when I knew where I was and where the finish line was) I took over the lead and our team finished in 1st (Me), 2nd (Aaron) and 3rd (Zeb) of the 40 runners!

Then we got our clothes back....although some people didn't put them back on right away. (we did run in shoes and socks, but that is all).

I got a BIG trophy and still have it up in my apartment. Megan moved in about 10 days ago, maybe 2 weeks, I don't know exactly, but anyway, I showed her the trophy, and she thought it was "AWESOME!"

It is a big trophy of a Karate guy kicking and says:

First Annual Free-Baller Classic Champion and a smaller trophy (connected to the main trophy base) with a person in a "victory" pose holding a torch and it says, "Free-Baller Classic MVP"

I felt bad because I thought Aaron deserved the MVP award since he lead the whole race except the end. I didn't know how to get to the finish line, but he was more familiar with the city and was our team's guide. But everyone voted Me as MVP since I was the champion, first to finish.

It was a really fun event! I moved away after that but I heard the race continued for a few more years....maybe it still goes on

I've never been one to turn down a challenge!

-Robert