This bod needs a change!!!

K-oz

Hey everyone,

I decided to start a Training Journal online as well, since I am losing sight of what I want to do sometimes.

Yesterday I had a pretty good workout and I had some thoughts about myself:

1. I am weak! Not only the muscles, but also my mind

2. I carry around too much fat

3. I have too little muscles for carrying around my fat (which should get less anyway)!

Weak sides:

I am weak! That easy. That is a very basic problem I have, which is very hard to get rid of for me.

Problems evolving:

- I am the perfect person to sell drugs to: I want to look good + I am a sissy -> easy / weak solution = drugs

- I'm a whiny baby without the capability of torturing myself during training

- I give up to easily

Plus I'm lazy

Strong sides:

- yet to find - no ... serious:

- I want to change! I want to get in shape, I want to get rid of my extra portion of "save-me-through-a-tough-winter" cushion.

- I don't get down on myself by constantly comparing myself with others

- I love lifting weights!

Goals:

1. stay away from drugs - instead: train hard! (at least 2 times a week with full concentration and positive mindset!)

2. not to give up so easily - instead: ask someone to watch in case I can't bring the weight back up

3. trying to move more weight or do one more rep every time a train a specific muscle group

4. not to hate me! Allow myself bad days too. (keep a file about how often I have "bad days" and review in febuary)

For now I have a split program, which looks like this:

one day:

BACK

- lat machine

- cable rows

- pullovers

(- hyperextensions if I have time I'll do that as well)

CHEST

- barbell bench press

- barbell incline bench press

ABS

- Crunchs and stuff on the floor

If I have time, also

- shrugs and somthing for

- forearms

other day:

LEGS:

- squats

- deadlifts

- calves

ARMS:

- dumbell curls (biceps curls with EZ-bar)

- triceps cable pushdowns (dips (machine))

SHOULDER:

- shoulder press (upright row)

The stuff in parenthesis is what I will switch to in some time. Or what I can do, when there are too many people and I can't do the first listed.

Ok, that's it.

I will post as often as I can.

Can't wait to see my loves tomorrow again

Hey K-oz!

Good to see you finally post a log here!

Weak sides:

I am weak! That easy. That is a very basic problem I have, which is very hard to get rid of for me.

You're not weak. You're at least average for a woman.

Don't bring yourself down. It doesn't help you mentally to say you're weak. Rather say "I must and will get stronger!"!

Problems evolving:

- I am the perfect person to sell drugs to: I want to look good + I am a sissy -> easy / weak solution = drugs

- I'm a whiny baby without the capability of torturing myself during training

- I give up to easily

Plus I'm lazy

Those are not seperate problems - they're all one and the same! Don't make it bigger than it is.

The second "problem" you have is low self esteem - you are much stronger and better than you think!

Strong sides:

- yet to find - no ... serious:

- I want to change! I want to get in shape, I want to get rid of my extra portion of "save-me-through-a-tough-winter" cushion.

- I don't get down on myself by constantly comparing myself with others

- I love lifting weights!

That's great!

Good to look on your strong sides, that is motivating!

And the love for lifting weights is all you'll ever need to accomplish your goals!

Goals:

1. stay away from drugs - instead: train hard! (at least 2 times a week with full concentration and positive mindset!)

2. not to give up so easily - instead: ask someone to watch in case I can't bring the weight back up

3. trying to move more weight or do one more rep every time a train a specific muscle group

4. not to hate me! Allow myself bad days too. (keep a file about how often I have "bad days" and review in febuary)

Good guidelines, rather than goals

1. and 2. should be easy to accomplish for you. I'll send you a link to an article of a female bodybuilder on the side effects on drugs

3. is the basic goal! If you can't reach this one, you should change your training plan.

4. is the most important one. It seems easy not to hate you for others, but i know it can be hard for oneself. *hugs*

Your split program looks fine. I'd rather have one dumbell and one barbell exercise for chest in there, but that's not mandatory.

"Something for the forearms" - just don't do wrist curls! They don't do anything for your forearms but f**k up your wrists. Do grip training instead (it's cooler anyway ).

Looking forward to you posting here regularly!

Have fun at the gym tomorrow!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

You're not weak. You're at least average for a woman.

Ok, well. Good to know. So - I want to get stronger I will get stronger

I would really like to try my maximum single rep again

Those are not seperate problems - they're all one and the same! Don't make it bigger than it is.

Well, they are each and everyone things that I need to work on and which are pretty tough on me (It somewhere always comes back to those things). So it is better to list them individually.

The second "problem" you have is low self esteem - you are much stronger and better than you think!

I am aware of that. And I am working on it. I have allready achieved quite something during the last months and will keep it up!

And the love for lifting weights is all you'll ever need to accomplish your goals!

I believe so too, so that is a big bonus

Thanks about the comments on my goals. Well, they are my goals and if they are basic it is about time that I get to them

Your split program looks fine. [...]

"Something for the forearms" - just don't do wrist curls! They don't do anything for your forearms but f**k up your wrists. Do grip training instead (it's cooler anyway ).

Thanks!

And I'll remember the thing about the wrists. I acutally was thinking of wrist curls, but I can "hang back" just as fine or hold dang heavy dumbells and do shrugs at the same time.. how wonderful!

Thanks for the article... goal 1 is absolutely accomplished I would say

oookay, now this is my first workout to post here

It was so damn good that I was almost high until this lady walked in, with the most awesome arms

I trained my arms harder right away

Ok, I woke up this morning and felt like shit. It was so bad, I didn't even want to go to the gym... BUT I went and that was so good, because:

Gernal warm up

Squats:

25kg x20, 35kg x20, 40kg x12, 40kg x10, 35kgx10

YES!

I wanted to hit 40 before christmas, but who could have known, that I acchieve that TODAY.

I was absolutely high, I bet everybody wondered about the huge smile on my face

Then deadlift with straight legs:

30kg x15, 35kg x12, 35kg x12

I need to improve my grip strength. I could have done more weight and more reps, but I couldn't hold it long enough.

Shoulder press with dumbells:

7kg x15, 8kg x12, 8kg x12

Biceps curls on a incline bench with dumbells:

8kg x10, 8kg x10

When I do dumbell training I only post the dumbell weight I have in one hand - to avoid misunderstandings

Triceps cable pulldown:

15kg x12

Triceps I just managed to squeeze in there, before they kicked us out. Therefore I also only did 2 sets of biceps.

I totally lost track of time and spent more time on squats today, which was so awesome, that I didn't manage to get everything done before they closed

My arms are still a little sore from Thursday, so it isn't that bad.

So I went home, did abs on the filthy floor that I haven't cleaned in 2 weeks and streched as much as I could with the little space available in my room.

I felt the urgend need to clean my room right away and cleaned myself afterwards

Now I justed burned my food, while writing my post

But I'm so hungry I am going to eat it anyway

Edited by K-oz

Good for you getting back at it!

I now use training to "get away from life". It's my time and I don't like anyone interfering. I get into the "zone" and it helps me to recover mentally from my day. If I miss a session, I always regret not having that time to myself.

I hope you get to a point where you look forward and crave your workout time. You def have the build to go far if you wanted.

If you want a girls perspective, feel free to ask!

I hope you get to a point where you look forward and crave your workout time.

Well, I do miss it when I miss a scheduled workout, but sometimes something other is more important. Then I just postpone the workout, thus I never miss it

Hey, looks stronger than most women I've known, especially 8kg bicep curl for 10 reps. Women who I've known who don't work out certainly couldn't do anywhere near that. But like you said, it's not important to compare yourself to others, aim for your own goals. You can't be 'weak' or 'strong' without comparing yourself to something which is stronger or weaker. Maybe you're not as strong as you'd like to be, you can aim for being as strong as you'd like, regardless of how strong anyone else is.

Since I was the last yesterday to leave the weight room I guessed that I might as well just take pictures. The guy who wanted to close was rather unpatient, so most of my pics turned out very blurry, but I have some ok ones:

This is an overview over the room. That's it. Looks big from that higher perspective, but it is not so big actually. Especially, when there are about 60 people training. Which is the case during the week. On saturdays it's only about 30.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7349/berblickkleinrp1.jpg

With so many people training during the week you can barely do your exercises without hitting someone. And the room is really messy. Everyone leaves the weights whereever, so you have to go on a treasure hunt everytime you go there

There are at least two people taking turns on every machine and you have to be really quick for a cardio machine.

This is from the same perspective only turned to the right. When the room is open those shelves are absolutely packed, with bags and everything. People have to put there stuff on the floor as well, since there is no room left on the shelves.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3705/klamotteneckekleinga8.jpg

And one more. This is my favorite corner. And about the favorite corner of everybody else. So you get stamped dead if you don't look out.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4382/freihantelbereichkleincl4.jpg

But I love this room. There is everything you need to have a good workout. And although it sometimes sucks to be looking for weights I like how it is handled there anyway

What I also like is the floor. What's not so good about it is, that it is uneven at some places. What I like is, you can drop weight without demaging too much

Well, it's not a good idea to drop it from up high.

what is the rainbow structure about the floor, is it for traversing while hanging with your hands?

because that would be cool.

Aye, i was going to ask the same

Is that just decoration or can you actually use the monkey bars?

The gym looks nice. I'm sure you'll make good gains there!

Yeah you can use the rainbow thing for pull ups and such. It has bars in regular intervals and at both ends there is a space where one bar is missing. I've seen people pull themselves up and get their feet way up high, so they kind of hang upside down. Then they come back down without touching the floor and go back up. Some try and can't really do it. Looks pretty hard. But I have never done it myself.

I have never seen anybody do pull ups with extra weight. But I don't know if they are not strong enough or if the thing is too weak

You can't actually cross the room while hanging with your hands, because there is stuff in the way, but theoretically it would work

Hey K-oz!

Nice to see you on the right track again!

IMO your goals are well chosen.

The gym looks good. When there are 60 people in there training it can be an extra-elbow-training for you while fighting for some room to train

The weights you lift are awsome! " title="Applause" />

I hoe your ankle is not disturbing you anymore doing squats...

Keep it up,

David

The weights you lift are awsome! " title="Applause" />

I hoe your ankle is not disturbing you anymore doing squats...

Thanks man!

My ankle is still hurting, but much better. I didn't do squats for two or three workout sessions, where I actually had them scheduled. But I just couldn't cut out the squats form training at all. I don't move my ankle so much while squatting and I found out that it's not that bad

Plus, it was just working too well with squtas lately to take them out for more than I did

Thats good your restricting ankle movement since they should barely move at all anyway...just try sitting your butt back a bit more and it'll be easy to not bend your ankles so much

Yesterday I had a slightly different training than usually

I went to a Workshop and 4 hours of poi and staff spinning practice. It was fun, although we didn't do much more than the last time, since we had so many beginners.

So, I consider this my arm and also part of back training

The really cool part is, that I spun with fire the first time and it was awesome!

I practiced quite a bit for that - to not get tangled up with the poi while they're on fire

Now I am even more motivated to learn and practice more so I can do more things with fire the next time

I have it on tape, but I don't know, how to share it, do I have to sign on at Youtube for that? Or how can I post a video?

And I also taped a little performance of a couple who have been in the workshop too and do fire spinning as performers. It looked so cool!

Hot greetings,

~ K-oz

Ok, I have it.

. It is only a little more than 1 minute and a little darker than on my digital camera, but still nice

I like the video a lot

Thanks a bunch to Daywalker ! Without his idea I wouldn't even have taped it in the first place.

Thanks everyone.. I really liked doing the fire thing!

Ok, well today I honestly tortured myself!

I had an over 2 hour workout and for the first time my mind was stronger than my body. I forced myself to train harder than I ever did before.

I didn't eat anything today and barely ate anything yesterday. I guess this is why I got dizzy during the squat and deadlift workout, but I managed to not collapse, so that is good.

This is what I did:

Lat machine: ~23kg x15, ~33kg x10, 30kg x2 + 25kgx10, 30kg x 12

The bar is pretty heavy, about 7 kg or so, so I subtracted that from the actuall weight I had on. That what's written within the kommas is one set.

Squats: 25kg x20, 35kg x20, 40kg x12, 40kg x 12, 40kg x12

Deadlift: 30kg x12, 35kg x12, 35kg x12, 40kg x10, 40kg x8

Dumbell incline bench press: 12kg x10, 12kg x12, 12kg x10

Dumbell shoulder press: 8kg x10, 8kg x10, 8kg x9

Dumbell biceps curls: 8kg x8, 8kg x10, 9kg x10, 9kg x7

Triceps cable pushdowns: 15kg x15, 20kg x8 + 15kg x7, 20kg x6 + 15kg x4, 20kg x5

Shrugs: 14kg x10, 14kg x12, 16kg x10 (I held them as long as I could after ever set)

Cable rows: 25kg x15, 35kg x9, 30kg x10 (a different type of handle I usually use)

Abs and streching.

That was it.

In case I missed out on anything of my training on Tuesday I have made up for it I guess. Unfortunately I can't go to the gym on Saturday, I hope I have the time to go swimming or such. If not I'll train more on Tuesday.

This was the longest and most intense training I have ever done.

I hope I am sore everywhere tomorrow!