Ninja Training Log

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
lelle
Elephant
Posts: 1114
Age: 33
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 11:52 am
Location: bamberg/germany
Contact:

#61 Postby lelle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 pm

that's shitty - but on the other hand your workout tomorrow will be twice as awesome than normal. looks like you're very motivated which is great!

SeaSiren
Elephant
Posts: 2650
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm

#62 Postby SeaSiren » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:40 pm

Richard wrote:My dad is full of shit. He's had my car for 2 days now, and both days he has brought it back late. Yesterday he was at least 90 minutes late. Right now he is 20 minutes late. Looks like no gym for me again today.

:(

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#63 Postby Richard » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:49 am

Ahrr yes

30 minutes on the bike (kicked ass!)

resistance row machine
90lbs x 12
130lbs x 8
110lbs x 10

lat pulldown machine
90lbs x 10 x 2

incline dumbell press
17.5kg (in each hand) x 10
22.5kg x 8
25kg x 8

side shoulder raises
7.5 x 6 x 2

hammer bicep curls
10kg x 10 x 3

behind the head tricep thing
17.5kg x 10
20kg x 10

martial arts stretches, and some martial arts for a few minutes

ab crunches 15, 12, 12
Image

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#64 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:10 am

bike 30 minutes

resistance row machine
90lbs x 12
110lbs x 8,8,10

leg press machine
90lbs x 23
110lbs x 10
130lbs x 12
150lbs x 10
170lbs x 10

tricep behind the head thing
17.5kg x 10
22.5kg x 6,6

bicep hammer curl
10kg x 10,10,10

lat pulldown machine
90lbs x 10,10,10

ab crunches
15,12,12,12,12

pressups 20
Image

User avatar
K-oz
Manatee
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

#65 Postby K-oz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:32 am

Hope this hasn't been asked before without me seeing it :oops:
But: how come you mix up lbs and kg?

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#66 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:48 am

The free weights in the gym are done in KGs, the machines are labelled with both, but they're based on lbs so it's simpler to go by the lbs. But you're right, maybe I should keep track of it all in kgs.
Image

User avatar
K-oz
Manatee
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

#67 Postby K-oz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:26 pm

Richard wrote:The free weights in the gym are done in KGs, the machines are labelled with both, but they're based on lbs so it's simpler to go by the lbs. But you're right, maybe I should keep track of it all in kgs.
For me it is much easier to think in kg anyway :)
If you always measure the same exercises in the same category, you can compare those weights from training to training. So you'll se gains anyhow.

I think an overview in one measurement is nicer, since you can also compare how much more weight you move with another musclegroup. I like to see that. But I mean it is totally up to you :D

By the way, did you hold the 17,5kg dumbell(?) with two hands?
And what is a resistance row machine?

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#68 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:45 pm

K-oz wrote:
Richard wrote:The free weights in the gym are done in KGs, the machines are labelled with both, but they're based on lbs so it's simpler to go by the lbs. But you're right, maybe I should keep track of it all in kgs.
For me it is much easier to think in kg anyway :)
If you always measure the same exercises in the same category, you can compare those weights from training to training. So you'll se gains anyhow.

I think an overview in one measurement is nicer, since you can also compare how much more weight you move with another musclegroup. I like to see that. But I mean it is totally up to you :D

By the way, did you hold the 17,5kg dumbell(?) with two hands?
And what is a resistance row machine?


Well I tend to keep track of the same machine in the same measurements, I don't switch up with them (I think? Unless I labelled them wrong). But I dislike lbs in the first instance, kg makes much more sense.

For the behind the head tricep thingie, I held it with both hands yeah.

I dunno what the real word for the resistance row machine is... the machine just says 'row machine'. But it's not a rowing machine... you sit down on it with a straight back, and there is a pad which is pressed against your chest/ stomach. There are two handles in front of you, and you hold them with your hands with your thumb pointing upwards, with your arms out straight. Then you pull back, so that your arms bend as far as they can, and you pull in your shoulderblades. Etc.
Image

User avatar
K-oz
Manatee
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

#69 Postby K-oz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Richard wrote:.. and there is a pad which is pressed against your chest/ stomach. There are two handles in front of you, and you hold them with your hands with your thumb pointing upwards ...
Ah, ok! I know, what it is. Thanks :)
No I have a better impression of your workout.

Keep up the good work :thumbright:

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#70 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm

Aha, this is kiiind of like it, but not exactly:

Image

I gotta lose the flab!! I wanna look like Christian Bale from the Machinist

Image
Image

User avatar
K-oz
Manatee
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

#71 Postby K-oz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:23 pm

Richard wrote:I gotta lose the flab!! I wanna look like Christian Bale from the Machinist


WHAT? :autsch:

You'll have to look like Christian Bale in Batman Begins right after that, you know that, right?

Image

Image

So you might as well save yourself the trouble and just go ahead and look like that right away :mrgreen: :idea1:
:trustme:
Last edited by K-oz on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#72 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Well I can't put on muscle and cut fat at the same time really. I want to maintain what I have and cut the fat out first. So I've been rubbing myself against a giant cheese grater to get most of it off, then I will fry myself to get rid of the rest.
Image

User avatar
Daywalker
Elephant
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Vegan Strength Cult, German HQ
Contact:

#73 Postby Daywalker » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:40 pm

Richard wrote:Well I can't put on muscle and cut fat at the same time really.

Rrrrrubbishizzle.

As long as you eat clean food (as you do as far as i know) it shouldn't be too hard. Focus on getting stronger in the 8-12 rep range and don't force feed yourself.

K-oz, those pictures are not from Batman Begins! [-X
You should know that! ;)
No one said it would be easy.

User avatar
Richard
Site Admin
Posts: 6064
Age: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Location: England
Contact:

#74 Postby Richard » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Daywalker wrote:
Richard wrote:Well I can't put on muscle and cut fat at the same time really.

Rrrrrubbishizzle.

As long as you eat clean food (as you do as far as i know) it shouldn't be too hard. Focus on getting stronger in the 8-12 rep range and don't force feed yourself.


Yeah, it is possible to do it, but I don't have confidence in myself that I'll achieve it, I think I'm more likely to lose the weight and put on a small amount of muslce in the process probably, and then maybe I'll be satisfied (I already feel like I don't want to be much bigger). But if I get cut and I don't feel I'm big enough I'd continue and lift heavier.

I heard Bale in an interview recently. He had the same kind of London accent that he had in Reign of Fire. It was really awesome, I hope that's his real voice, although he was born in wales. I'd like it if he had a welsh accent too, but it seems like it's London time. EE KNOWZ WOT TIME I' IZ
Image

User avatar
K-oz
Manatee
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

#75 Postby K-oz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:22 pm

Daywalker wrote:K-oz, those pictures are not from Batman Begins! [-X
You should know that! ;)


Oh well, that's from cutouts, that have not been shown in the movie ;)



:oops:


Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests