VegWeb.com

godesslissa

I've been on a home-made pasta kick for two weeks now )

Haha I have been on a beans and rice kick for two years!

and vegweb definately rocks.

LOL. My son would starve to death at your place. Those are the two foods he hates most. (I think the bean phobia comes from my dad telling him that beans give you gas- as polite as my son is the thought of that terrifies him. It doesn't matter how often I try to convince him otherwise Whenever I fix those things for myself I have to make him something separate. Maybe he'll grow out of it someday.

You'd probably love a place we have here in Indy called Yats. It's a cajun/creole place that serves vegetarian/vegan dishs and I'm addicted to the place. (they have an awesome tofu creole) Nearly everything contains beans and all of their dishes are served on a bed of rice. Best of all the servings are huge (easily enough for two meals) and everything on the menu is $5.00!

My other favorite thing to make is home made wheat crust pizza with whatever veggies I have on hand. (Usually artichokes, spinach, mushrooms, olives, fresh tomatoes, black olives and fresh garlic- sometimes a little garlic sauted tofu... )

I love your sig. I just had to buy Goonies for my son to watch He thought it looked "lame" at first but my husband told him just to watch the preview for it and if he still thought it looked lame he didn't have to watch it. Needless to say he thought it was a great movie. I've been picking up all the movies I liked when I was a kid for him to watch lately (like Labrynth, Dark Crystal, E.T., Spaceballs, Gremlins...)

Hi Ash, we keep bumping in to each other on the web. I love beans and rice in just about any combination. One of my favorite quick meals is the vegetarian burrito from Chipotle. Have you eaten there? Their chips and salsa are good too!

Lissa, we also make our own whole wheat pizzas. The bread machine hardly gets used for anything else, just 2 cups ww flour, a cup of warm water, packet of yeast , T oil and tsp salt. Last week we made a more traditional pizza with red sauce and a new vegan cheese. It was very good, can't remember the name of the cheese now. The tofu sauteed with garlic is a good idea too, we have done that one a few times. YUM!

Hi Ash, we keep bumping in to each other on the web. I love beans and rice in just about any combination. One of my favorite quick meals is the vegetarian burrito from Chipotle. Have you eaten there? Their chips and salsa are good too!

Lissa, we also make our own whole wheat pizzas. The bread machine hardly gets used for anything else, just 2 cups ww flour, a cup of warm water, packet of yeast , T oil and tsp salt. Last week we made a more traditional pizza with red sauce and a new vegan cheese. It was very good, can't remember the name of the cheese now. The tofu sauteed with garlic is a good idea too, we have done that one a few times. YUM!

OH! I have a bread machine I haven't used in ages. I don't know why I haven't thought of using it for pizza dough! It would definately cut down on the time I spend in the kitchen!

• 2 weeks later...
VegWeb is a nifty site I've found for new recipes. I use it whenever I seem to get stuck in a rut (which seems to happen to everyone I know who's veg ~ I've been on a home-made pasta kick for two weeks now )

I found to books recently that are good.

One is Eco-Cooking (I think that's the name.) and the other is The Compassionate Cook.

They have some good recipes.

Over40

• 2 weeks later...

My other favorite thing to make is home made wheat crust pizza with whatever veggies I have on hand. (Usually artichokes, spinach, mushrooms, olives, fresh tomatoes, black olives and fresh garlic- sometimes a little garlic sauted tofu... )

I love your sig. I just had to buy Goonies for my son to watch He thought it looked "lame" at first but my husband told him just to watch the preview for it and if he still thought it looked lame he didn't have to watch it. Needless to say he thought it was a great movie. I've been picking up all the movies I liked when I was a kid for him to watch lately (like Labrynth, Dark Crystal, E.T., Spaceballs, Gremlins...)

Hey you have to hook us up with your pizza crust recipe, sounds great.

You are getting your son all the great old school movies. Youve got to get the princess bride too. And the Sandlot, which is midrange old school. I was so scared of the Dark Crystal when I was a kid, that I had actually blocked it out. When I was 16 me and my best friend were flipping through channels, and we passed by a channel the Dark Crystal was on, just for a second, and all these memories of terrifying muppets came rushing back and I totally freaked out. It was a crazy experience.