Workouts, Pennsylvania style

Well, I've been thinking about starting one of these up for a while, and I started to really get back into the swing of things a month ago. I want to start lifting one extra day a week (to bring my total between 4 - 5), and do more body-weight exercises (which I have been doing). My sleep has been very good and today I weighed in at 179.7 (in clothes), the heaviest I've been in a LONG time.

Today I did Shoulders and triceps. Not much new in the way of personal bests with the exception of (around) 100 pounds for most of my sets. I bought tons of food, and plan on eating like a fatty tonight.

12/05

I took off the past 2 days because of work, but slept plenty and ate really well, and I was a beast at the gym today. Back, biceps and fore-arms.

- I got up to 35 pounds with wrist curls, though I should have gone higher.

- Rowing 120 pounds

- Lots of pull ups.

- 110 on the back extension. (one of the only machines I used. I used lots of free weights)

- Curled 80 pounds 8 times

- 130 pounds on the behind the neck lat pulldowns.

Now....we EAT!

Let's do this homeboy, sounds good to me.

Was the 80lbs curl with both hands, or one hand at a time? 80lbs in one hand is a monster! I am assuming it was both hands?

I also remember reading that doing the lat pulldown behind the head is kind of bad for you, a risk of injury? But I am not sure about that.

Keep it up, I will be back to regulate your ass

Let's do this homeboy, sounds good to me.

Was the 80lbs curl with both hands, or one hand at a time? 80lbs in one hand is a monster! I am assuming it was both hands?

I also remember reading that doing the lat pulldown behind the head is kind of bad for you, a risk of injury? But I am not sure about that.

Keep it up, I will be back to regulate your ass

Some people don't like doing it. I try to not go overboard on the weight when doing it, it feels fine to me. I think it's also how far out the grip you use is too. Didn't they do behind the neck in Rob's movie?

Yes, it was 80 pounds with both hands, that's still a record, up from like 65, so I'm still happy.

Feel free to come back and regulate my ass Ninja boy.

12/11

Haven't worked out in 5 days, but I'm ending that today. I got killed with some hours, but for the rest of the month I'm going to be able to work out like a fiend (and eat like one, but I do that anyway ) I've got a shoulder and chest workout that I wanted to do Saturday waiting for me at the gym today, let's see if we can get some new PB's!

Got back from the gym and ate up a storm. (Chest and shoulders)

Not much new in the way of personal bests, but I was pushing all my limits, and I worked myself hard, so I'm content with myself.

I did Inclines, Declines, flat bench, military presses, shrugs, some rowing, and a couple other things.

There was a girl who *looked* about my age there. She kept looking at me. I don't think she dug the beard, but she did seem to dig the big weight I was moving.

12/13

Back and biceps. I didn't get to work my biceps as much as I wanted (The gym was closing), but I got a good back workout in, and made a few PB's with 4 - 6 lbs on several exercises, and of course, pull ups.

Came home, ate a lot of food, now time to get some stuff done around the house.

I notice that I'm not posting weights and reps like most other people, though I enjoy having this because it does keep me motivated to keep going, which I guess is still worth it.

12/21

Chest & Triceps tonight. I benched about 30 pounds shy of my weight, which is better than I've ever done, so I was quite content with the way things went tonight.

I came home and ate 2 black bean burritos with tomato, spinach and avocado...and a plate of pasta may or may not be involved in this incident later.

12/29

Got a half decent workout at the gym. Triceps and chest for the most part. A lot of dips, but I need to start working out more frequently. I'm going to the gym tomorrow morning before I leave for the weekend for a really good workout, that way I won't feel go bad sitting in a car for 6 hours, when I really won't want to move anyway, sounds like a leg day.

Hey I thought this was pennsylvania style. Where are all the pencils?

I don't know, but PA is my state...I seem to be the major represenative of Pennsylvania on here, so I took the title.

There's another Pennsylvanian in the house.

There's a few Pennsylvanian's here, but I'm the biggest poster from PA.

1/3

Good workout today! It's my first workout since I sent lelle my pictures to sign up for the contest. Back and biceps, the group I seem to work out most. I did 8 pull ups in a row, a new record, and the first time I've done pull ups in a couple of weeks. I was on fire today.

1/4

Leg day. I worked my legs for the first time since Easter of '06 (I wish I was making that part up).

I squatted 185 8 times in 2 sets.

I worked up to 300 something in calf raises.

I leg pressed 400.

Leg extension 120.

Then worked on my pull ups, got 8 in one set and ended up doing around 40 - 45 pull ups in the 1:15 I was there.

And now it's time to eat myself out of house & home.

1/10

I'm actually updating this workout one day later, but yesterday I was ON FIRE!

Tons of pull ups

157 bench press (new record, about 20 pounds shy of my bodyweight)

150 lbs lat pull downs (new record)

I got some other records, but my forearms were so tight and on fire that I think they grew overnight, I like that. My forearms also were so tight that I fumbled to open my builder bar after my workout.

1/16

I worked out yesterday for the first time after 4 days off (Work is really killing my ability to workout, plus I seem to eating so much raw food that the detox that I don't really want right now is requiring extra sleep), but I just did a quick chest workout before work. I did a lot of bench work and some dips, but I need to start working out more.

1/20

Had a really good day at the gym, despite the fact that I haven't been able to eat food in a while now. I want to make burritos, and it's been held off now for a good 6 hours, and I'm about ready to kill someone.

Worked out my back and a little bit of bicep work today, nothing special.