This bod needs a change!!!

K-oz

Thanks everyone.. I really liked doing the fire thing!

Ok, well today I honestly tortured myself!

I had an over 2 hour workout and for the first time my mind was stronger than my body. I forced myself to train harder than I ever did before.

I didn't eat anything today and barely ate anything yesterday. I guess this is why I got dizzy during the squat and deadlift workout, but I managed to not collapse, so that is good.

This is what I did:

Lat machine: ~23kg x15, ~33kg x10, 30kg x2 + 25kgx10, 30kg x 12

The bar is pretty heavy, about 7 kg or so, so I subtracted that from the actuall weight I had on. That what's written within the kommas is one set.

Squats: 25kg x20, 35kg x20, 40kg x12, 40kg x 12, 40kg x12

Deadlift: 30kg x12, 35kg x12, 35kg x12, 40kg x10, 40kg x8

Dumbell incline bench press: 12kg x10, 12kg x12, 12kg x10

Dumbell shoulder press: 8kg x10, 8kg x10, 8kg x9

Dumbell biceps curls: 8kg x8, 8kg x10, 9kg x10, 9kg x7

Triceps cable pushdowns: 15kg x15, 20kg x8 + 15kg x7, 20kg x6 + 15kg x4, 20kg x5

Shrugs: 14kg x10, 14kg x12, 16kg x10 (I held them as long as I could after ever set)

Cable rows: 25kg x15, 35kg x9, 30kg x10 (a different type of handle I usually use)

Abs and streching.

That was it.

In case I missed out on anything of my training on Tuesday I have made up for it I guess. Unfortunately I can't go to the gym on Saturday, I hope I have the time to go swimming or such. If not I'll train more on Tuesday.

This was the longest and most intense training I have ever done.

I hope I am sore everywhere tomorrow!

also please eat

Awesome training!

Yes - it was a killer workout. Thanks

I am very proud of myself!

I am not as sore as I wanted to be though. I feel it in my back and my but (the second one is a pretty weird feeling, but I like it). But the soreness is not nearly as hard as it should be, since I did my best yesterday .

I can't wait to work out again!

Sometimes that would happen to me too. I'd have a terribly diffcult workout two days earlier(I don't mix upper body and lower on the same day) and I'd be sore the day after...and even more sore two days after when I was back on the same body parts and on numerous instances I'd max out in total or get a new rep record.

Yesterday I couldn't go to the gym, because I had a test to pass, which I did!

But I spontaneously helped a friend who was moving. I carried heavy boxes and other stuff back and forth and finally up three floors.

And the nice thing is, that I (my muscles) got tired faster than usual, so the workout from thursday shows effects

Back again.

Thanks Daywalker. I really do see effects. Even my body. I can see changes, which makes me very happy and which motivates me to go on and do more

Today I had a pretty good workout again. I was looking forward to it since saturday.

I wanted to make it short and heavy, but I've been in the gym for over 3 hours... not all training though. I'll tell you in a minute.

Well, I didn't start with biking again, since there are no cardio machines available - ever.

Oh well, so this is what I did:

Lat machine (this time with a much much lighter bar. It weighed almost nothing):

25kg x15 warmup, 30kg x12, 35kg x8, 35kg x6 + 30kg x3, 30kg x10

I am pretty pleased with that. The progress of my lat is so lame, that I am so happy about those numbers! 35 is the best so far.

Cable row:

25kgx 15 warmup, 30kg x 12, 40kg x8, 35kg x10, 35kg x10

Pretty good as well My first attempt on 40 and 8 reps are not bad

Leg extension:

15kg x12, 15kg x15, 15kg x15

I lost count the first set, it was either 12 or 15 reps, so I took 12. This wouldn't have been on the schedule for today, but I just felt like it. So I kept the weight low to have enough energy on thursday for squats

Dumbell Pullovers:

7kg x15, 8kg x15, 9kg x15, 9kg x15

I started way to low, but now I know that 9kg is about what's good right now. I hope to be at 10kg soon.

Then I went to barbell benchpress:

20kg x15 warmup, 25kg x12, 30kg x 8 + 2 with help, 30kg x7 +2 w.h., 30kg x5 + 2 w.h.

And this is where everything started.

I wante to do 30kg, but I wasn't too sure of my strength, so I asked someone to have a look and help me in case I can't bring it back up.

That was good, because he really and truely let me struggle to the point where I just couldn't get the bar back up and only then helped me with it. He also encouraged me to do a third set with 30kg. I wouldn't have done it otherwise

Again, this is the best I have done with chest so far.

I was very happy about finally asking someone to help me and then it happend. That's why I don't want to talk to poeple in first place.

He had so much to tell and talk about that my concentration went totally down the drain

He even made me laugh during the set, I almost dropped the stupid thing.

Well, I managed to "get away" and to another bench and started with

Dumbell incline benchpress:

12kg x8

After my first set, he came to me, sat down... and talked. I mean, about cool movies and stuff, which is nice, but I wanted to finish my training. Well, but I sat there and was trying to find the right moment and right words to cut him off. He knew I was training, so I wandered why he kept talking anyway.

Well, at the end, he's been talking to me over a hour

It was already so freacking late, I couldn't believe it.

I was tired, unmotivated and knew I need to get up early next morning.

But I did finish my bench press:

10kg x12, 10kg x12 - better than nothing.

I even did a little abs and hyperextensions

and went home. I ate something, although it is much too late now. And I know I will be falling asleep tomorrow morning.

But it was a good training session anyway and I'm proud of my chestwork today. Somebody told me I should widen my grip. He said there should be a 90° angle where my ellbow is. That'd be more for chest and not so much for triceps. But actually, why not train the triceps right with it? I don't know. We'll see.

Somebody told me I should widen my grip. He said there should be a 90° angle where my ellbow is. That'd be more for chest and not so much for triceps. But actually, why not train the triceps right with it? I don't know. We'll see.

IMHO about 90° is a good idea. If your triceps is strong, it will do the work instead of the chest when your grip is closer. If you want to isolate the chest, 90° are better.

Edited by flanders77

If you want to isolate the chest, 90° are better.

Butaway: Great workout!

Ok, I'll try that next time. Should I be afraid of not beeing able to lift as much as before? I have always done it the other way and I am finally happy, that I got stronger. I'd be so sad to see it drop again.

Since last thursday I have a really great attitude towards training and eating.

I'll do my best to keep the good training up and I my happy, since my bodyweight is under 60kg for about a week now. This is good, since my goal is 58kg and of course holding that.

It'll take a while to get there, but I think it's possible.

Don't let your diet make you lose your baking skills...bake things and mail them to me. Going raw for a couple months made me rusty and I wish I cooked more for others.

Whats going on, no training or no posting?

Somebody told me I should widen my grip. He said there should be a 90° angle where my ellbow is. That'd be more for chest and not so much for triceps. But actually, why not train the triceps right with it? I don't know. We'll see.

I don't understand what you mean, 90°?

That has nothing to do with the grip width, no?

A too wide or too narrow grip can be hard on the shoulder. Just make sure you don't let you elbows flare out to the sides, rather keep them close to your side.

Last trainings session:

10 minutes bike

Squats: 25kg x20, 35kg x20, 40kg x10, 40kg x10, 40kg x10, 40kg x15, 30kg x10

Deadlifts: 30kg x12, 35kg x12, 35kg x12, 35kg x10

Triceps pulldown (cable): 15kg x15 x3

Dumbell curls: 8kg x10, 8kg x12, 8kg x12

Dumbell shoulderpress: 7kg x12, 8kg x10, 8kg x10

Shrugs: 14kg x12, 14kg x20, 16kg x16

Abs and streching

Todays training:

15 minutes cross trainer (that's what's written on the machine )

Lat machine: 25kg x20 warmup, 30kg x15, 30kg x13, 30kg x12, 30kg x12

Lat machine, underhand grip: 30kg x12, 35kg x8, 35kg x10

Cable row: 35kg x12, 40kg x7, 40kg x4, 35kg x6

Incline benchpress (dumbells): 10kg x15, 12kg x12 x3

Pullovers (dumbell): 9kg x12 x3, 10kg x15, 10kg x12

Barbell benchpress: 20kg x15, 25kg x10, 27,5kg x8, 30kg x6 +2 w.h., 30kg x4 +2 w.h.

Hyperextensions: 15 reps, 5kg x13, 5kg x15, 5kg x15

Abs

Forgott the stretching

I have spent 2,5 hours in the gym again. I guess I should cut the sets and not make so many of them.

I was pretty exhausted today and I am not satisfied with benchpress, but it's still ok.

Whats going on, no training or no posting?

Now you know.

I try to not skip training, since that's when I feel good!

This week before christmas I might even have the time to go more often. Of course I want to

A too wide or too narrow grip can be hard on the shoulder. Just make sure you don't let you elbows flare out to the sides, rather keep them close to your side.

Well, the 90° angle was meant, that when I spread out my arms to both sides so I have a line and than bend my forearms towards my front. I stop when I have a 90° angle and this is the place where my hands should go up and grab the bar. I tried it. It is weird, I can do more weight with a little more narrow grip, but not too narrow. About 80°.

Thus what flanders said fits quite well for my training

IMO when the upper arm is on chest level the elbow angle should be around 90° maybe a little bit smaller.

Good training, K-oz!

Well, the 90° angle was meant, that when I spread out my arms to both sides so I have a line and than bend my forearms towards my front. I stop when I have a 90° angle and this is the place where my hands should go up and grab the bar. I tried it. It is weird, I can do more weight with a little more narrow grip, but not too narrow. About 80°.

Thus what flanders said fits quite well for my training

IMO when the upper arm is on chest level the elbow angle should be around 90° maybe a little bit smaller.

Now i get it.

But obviously the width of your grip depends on how high the rack of the bar is, if you do it like this, no? Grip width is not measured in °

The upper arms should NOT be in line when bench pressing. That puts too much stress on the shoulder joint. Rather keep your elbows closer to your body and lower the bar further down, not on your clavicle, but on your lower chest.

Don't worry too much about the perfect form yet, as long as you don't bounce the weight and as you keep it controlled on the way down and have a nice smooth motion. I'd say if you 're stronger with a more narrow grip, then use this grip! More strength = more weight = more muscles!

I guess my form is not so bad actually and it is funny, because this was the only time somebody had something to say about it. Usually I am used to more "getting told" in the gym.

More strength = more weight = more muscles!

That's good

Thus I'll keep it as it is! :flex:

Allthough I wanted to go to the gym today I couldn't. I had to stay at the university too long and my time was already up, so I couldn't go anymore. But I'll go tomorrow! Can't wait.

I guess it is also good to rest today a little longer, because my back hurts from hyperextensions. That exercise is no good for me. I'll cut that out or just do them light - without weight.

Hello and welcome back for K-oz' training log.

Today in the programm we have had a semi good to bad training on a very shitty day.

We had a very special guest as well, which we want to uninvite for the training sessions to come: dizziness! In company of circulation problems and powerlessness they pretty much spoiled the training. So get lost, will ya?

Todays programm:

10minutes bike

Squats: 25kg x20, 35kg 30, 40kg x10, 40kg x12, 40kg x12 (stupid d was pretty heavy here, I thought I had to stop training)

Deadlift: 30kg x12, 40kg x6, 40kg x8, 30kg x10 (screwed up my hurting back from Tuesday even more. ShiRt!)

Rows with barbell: 20kg x10, 20kg x12, 20kg x15

Dumbell Curls: 8kg x12, 8kg x12, 9kg x10, 9kg x12 (I pushed myself through it)

Calves (sitting): 40kg x20, 50kg x18, 50kg x15 (first time I did calves since I have hurt my ankle. I have found out, my ankle is still not good and started to hurt)

Dumbell shoulderpress: 8kg x12 x3

Cable pulldown triceps: 20kg x10 20kg x10, 20kg x11 (very good)

Abs

Stretching- I am dang unflexible

Over 2 hours wokout again but had to do an extra of

65minutes Cardio after my training, because they told me, that they are closed tomorrow - so I can't go.

It was a freaking bad idea though, because my ankle is really trash again now.

I had to go home twice, after I have already gone to the gym, because I have forgotten something. I don't live far, but it pissed me off.

I only ate a pear for breakfast and had nothing for lunch. That sucked too.

A thing that was good today was that someone made a belade birthday cake for me and it was very delicious. The bad part is, that I ate 3 pieces of it (that cake was pretty unhealthy) and had nothing more before training.

But I tell you, it was sooo yummie!

I am happy to not train for the next few days to get myself back together and at the end of my training session I was pretty proud of having done it anyway

Here are pictures of my lovely birthday cake

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5451/img01142sn7.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/9352/img01144al8.jpg

Mmmmhhh! That was a really nice gift I'll go to bed with that in mind and end my day today.

Everybody else: keep up the good work over christams

Hello and welcome back for K-oz' training log.

I'm glad i got one of the last tickets, they are very hard to get

Good training session, despite dizziness!

I think you still have 35kg squat in the strength table on veganfitness, no? Not sure, but if so, time to update that!

Good use of smilies as always (in Suz' log also ).

A thing that was good today was that someone made a belade birthday cake for me and it was very delicious.

Looks delicious indeed!

But who made you a heart-shaped cake?

Have a very merry christmas!