i'm back... and i've been seriously slacking.

bcmusic

hey guys. this is chris. i posted over a year ago with goals and questions and i've been slacking INSANELY.

no more.

ok... so... here are my main 3 questions... and things i can't do (like, join a gym-- money's not there)

1. i am skinny. i am 5'9 or 5'10 (i don't even know), 155lbs, and i have a huge gut from eating muffins and bread and just... too many bad carbs. i look like hell when i lean over and study my gut/love handles. how to get rid of this with a vegan diet? btw, i haven't done any cardio in months... what's the BEST thing i can do... jog? treadmill?

2. how can i truly gain lean muscle mass? someone like me needs to take in like 4000 calories a day, and 155g protein. the protein is not a problem. i take supplements and also, Muscle Milk mixed with soy milk. ok... so how do i avoid a lot of carbs? how can i BURN off the same amount? am i supposed to? i'd kill myself!

that's all for now... ANY and ALL help is appreciated. i'm at work so i have to keep this post short.

thanks!!!

-chris

philly area

Welcome back!

1. Eat fruit, vegs and if you want to unrefined carbs.

2. Supplements are not necessary to get enough proteins

3. Train whatever you like. Do strength and endurance exercises

4. Do not worry what to do. Exercise hard whatever you do and never forget: "if you don`t use it - you loose it"

Hey Chris,

Welcome back!

Cardio, total body workouts, weight training, more focus on raw foods, and things like that will help you. There are quite a few articles throughout the forum that can answer exactly what you're looking for.

Here is some info that might be helpful for you. Check out some of the articles here:

http://www.realgainz.com/RobertCheeke.html

The titles are on the right-hand column:

* Vegan Bodybuilding Is Not An Oxymoron

* Vegan Athletes...How Do You Get Your Protein?

* To Be A Successful Bodybuilder

* Pre-Contest Diet

All the best and welcome back to the group!

Make friends with people who love to cook good vegan style and drop in on them alot.

To get started do something you enjoy like running along the river, or riding a bike, or dancing at the local discotheque all night. Then it will be easier to get more disciplined workout. Most of my workout looks more like play, like skateboarding a big pool, or playing in the woods, taking the dog for a run.