California Vixen

Vixen

I'm Madeline from the San Francisco Bay Area. I became vegan just over year ago after finding out the environmental consequences of my original diet. I am currently a student at THEE University of California. Going to the best university in the world, most of my time is spent doing schoolwork. However, I still make time for my weight lifting and fitness. One of my biggest hobbies right now is vegan cooking. I'm always trying new recipes from my vegan cookbooks and attending vegan cooking classes in Oakland.

Welcome Madeline, great to have you here! I really enjoy the bay area, one of the best places in the world to be a vegan!

Well done with juggling schoolwork, training and vegan cooking! You'll find lots of cool people here on the forum and perhaps even some from your area. I'm actually surpised we don't have more members from your area already.

Thanks again for joining our group. All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome, Vixen. I was just in SF - you have some great places to eat there. I checked out Cafe Gratitude at EatRaw's urging, and Millennium of course. If you're ever in Sausalito, there's a place there called Avatar's that's real vegan-friendly (not a vegetarian restaurant tho) and pretty good too. I'm also jealous of the produce available in California - a lot better than up here in Canada.