Go Gaia!

Gaia

Cutting Phase: No more sugary sweets and watching portions now . I weighed myself on my new scale that tells me not only my weight, but my percent bodyfat and water weight percent. Cool, except on my bodyfat measurement! Yikes

Weight: 176 lbs

Bodyfat %: 36

Water %: 45

Measurements:

Chest 41"

Abs: 33 1/2"

Thighs: 27"

Calves: 15 1/2"

Bicep: 15"

Forearms: 10 1/2"

Shoulder/Deltoid: 17"

So this is what I've got to work with. Time to mature these soft baby muscles into hard mature muscles .

Started the day off with 20 minutes on the treadmill at 5.0 (12 minute mile jog).

Then in the afternoon:

Back and Tricep Day: Still doing the ligament endurance cycle. The only note worthy incident at the gym was these two guys made a comment (actually they were talking to each other and I happen to be able to overhear what they were saying/no ipod today) that I looked like I had the arms of a Bulgarian woman and then they snickered like it was a bad thing. I just smiled and thought it was a compliment. Plus I took over their tricep station and they didn't work in with me, so I got it all to myself .

T-bar Row: 60/15 X 4

Stiff-legged Deadlift: 80/15 X 4

Wide Bar Cable Front Pulldown: 40/15 X 4

Upright Row: 40/15 X 4

Shrugs 180/25 X 4

Rope Pulldown: 50/15 X 4

Cybex Assisted Dip: 12/15 X 4

EZ Bar Skullcrushers: 10/15 X 4

Triceps were pumped to where I couldn't really push anything down anymore, but I still did the skullcrushers and if I put the bar way past my head I could get the 4 sets, but if the elbows came up forward my triceps screamed no more. The back handled the weight OK, and was hard to get the last set done, but the first two 15's of each set was easy (at least to what I am use to - which is usually failure in a set).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulder and Leg day: Did Jivamukti Yoga this morning (1 1/2 hours) and had a spasm in my lower back during Janu Sirsasana. Ouch! Did a twist and it went away. Went to the gym around 3 pm and did the ligament endurance on the last two body parts.

Icarian Hack Squat 160/15 X 4

Icarian Seated Leg Curl (new) 100/15 X 4

Leg Press: 360/15 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 360/25 X 4

Seated Calf Raise: 70/15 X 4

Plie (Power) Squats: 90/25 X 4

(Legs are dying, and I still have shoulders to do. I took a long break and talked to the gym trainer and his lifting partner. They razzed me alittle bit and they made me smile. OK, back to shoulders! But I noticed they had my bench that I wanted to do Military Press on and they had several descending sets of chest press to do. oh well. I'll go on the Hammer Strength Machine instead).

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 70/15 X 4

Rear Delt with Dumbells: 15/15 X 4

Icarian Standing Deltoid (Lateral flyes): 20/15 X 3

Icarian Shoulder Press (Dumbell Grip): 50/15 X 3

(Could only do 3 sets on the last two exercises because my middle delt was screaming with pain and I didn't want to hurt myself so I stopped. The Icarian Standing Deltoid really tears into my shoulders when I do them. Love it !).

Rest day! Except that I did 25 minutes of cardio/treadmill. It was kind of a hard day of cardio (was feeling like hurling after 15 minutes, but then at 20 minutes I got a second wind and was like I can do 30 minutes, but I stopped at 25 minutes). And now that it is at night, I am hungry and all I am looking forward to is drinking my shake.

Chest and Bicep day: started out by doing yoga. The pose Hero/Virasana up the wall really stretched my quads out. My right side especially was so tight that I couldn't get my glutes up against the wall. But I feel my shoulder girdle loosening up more and more with each class. I was able to clasp my hands together under my back in Bridge Pose/Setu Bandha Sarvangasana. I did work up a good sweat in yoga class (not like a vinyasa class which I am working my way back up to in the New Year).

Went to the gym around 3pm today (the kids didn't run today cause they have been sick for two days and just went back to school, so I let them off easy ). It was quiet and I was able to get everything done without waiting for equipment.

Smith Press Incline (#3) Chest Press: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/10, 110/4+1 (maybe try only 100 next time to get 8 ).

Cybex Cable Incline (#3) Chest Flyes: 20/15, 30/13, 40/7 (trying different positions of where to place the bench in relation to the cables: waist placement, overhead placement, or at shoulder placement).

LifeFitness Chest Press (Dumbell Grip): 90/15, 105/12, 120/8 (not a real solid 8, I was pushing even my face at the end of that set and maybe eyeballs!).

LifeFitness Pec Dec: 60/15, 75/8+2 cheating ones (elbows didn't come all the way together).

EZ bar Curls 20/15, 25/15, 30/12, 35/8 (40 will be my new goal).

Hammer Curls: 25/15, 30/10, 35/6+2 (rocking alot on those 2 to get it up and then fighting it all the way down slowly).

Cable Curl/straight bar: 90/15, 100/6 (biceps done).

I need to work on my biceps alittle bit more cause my triceps are getting bigger than them. Need to maybe push it more. Add the 2 1/2 lbs weights on the barbell to get them bigger. Very tired tonight. Diet is going well. I have noticed that I am eating a little bit more at dinner than during the day. Might have to look into that and try to eat more for lunch because I am so hungry at dinner time which is usually two to three hours after working out/even though I do eat right after workout too.

Back and Tricep day: I did 25 minutes on the treadmill in the morning. It was easy, and again I was tempted to do more, but knew I had to workout yet this afternoon and diet today. I will be up to 30 minutes next week (although I will have Monday and Tuesday off as I will be out of the state for Christmas). Went to the gym around 3:30 pm to be done by 5 pm to pick up my son from driver's training. I saw a new couple in the gym today. I always smile when I see the guy trying to train the girl, especially when he is so tentative and she is laughing and smiling as she tries to get into and out of the machines.

T-Bar Row: 45/25warmup, 70/15, 90/10, 115/8 (new weight).

Wide-bar Cable Front Pulldown: 50/15, 60/10 (hard to do 10, but will try 70 next time for at least 6).

Stiff-legged Deadlift: 90/15, 100/12, 110/10 (that was the highest fixed weight barbell on the tree. Asked the trainer where he does his/client's deadlifts and he pointed to the spot with the rubber mats in the corner. So next time I'll be adding weights to a barbell in the corner).

Upright Rows with the EZ bar (the fixed ones hurt my forearm too much): 10/15, 15/15, 20/10

Shrugs: 180/25 X 4 superset with Cybex Row: 112.5/12, 125/15 (went up? maybe trying harder since it was the last set for back for the day).

Rope Pulldown: 50/15, 6/10 (really hard, will be awhile till that is a solid 10).

EZ bar skullcrushers: 20/15, 30/8

Cybex assisted dips: 10/15, 9/10

Did some more rope pulldown on 40 for 15 which was failure. Time to go now. Day off tommorrow. Kids will all be home. I will enjoy sneaking out to go to yoga for two hours (may try Short form Ashtanga or the Anusara Mixed level tommorrow as I feel my flexibility returning).

Rest day: To me today seems to be the winter soltice day. The light did not get very bright at all. Everybody slept in till 8 this morning. Rainy, foggy, and dark all day. Perfect for the shortest day of the year.

Went to the gym and ran on the treadmill for 25 minutes and did 2.10 miles in that time. Watched DVDs with the kids, did dishes for hours, took a long nap, made pizza dough for dinner, and then went to yoga. It was a level 2 Anusara class and really opened up my hip with Pigeon and various other standing poses. Tried to do binds today and just laughed as my arm tried to get around my thick thigh/shin to grasp my hands behind my back. At least I could still grasp my hands behind my back (without a limb in the way) as my shoulders are getting more flexible.

Looking forward to the days getting longer now . Seed catalogs are coming in and I will have to start planning the garden again soon! My six apple trees will be coming in Janurary too.

Surprise! Another rest day since I did not look to see what the holiday hours were for today. I did get my 25 minutes on the treadmill this morning as I talked to everybody and then went home (went to workout at 3, but they closed at 1- which is the same for tommorrow! Now I know for tommorrow; early workout session). That is OK, I will have worked all body parts for the week.

Shoulder and Leg Day: Made it in by noon. It was busy, and I just went about my business. Alot of new faces that I haven't seen before. Too early for the Christmas present recipients of a gym membership or the New Year's Eve resolution people. Must be the ones that come in at the various times that I don't and had to cram it in before 1 pm like me. It was fun seeing new faces.

Smith Press Military Press: 50/15warmup, 70/12 (2 more than last time), 90/5 (one more than last time), and did a decline set of 50/15.

Rear Delt Dumbell: 20/15warmup, 25/10 (2 more than last time), so I went to 30/6!

Icarian Standing Deltoid: 20/15, 30/12, 40/8, and a declining set of 20/15.

Icarian Shoulder Press (Dumbell Grip) 60/15, 70/9 (shoulders are now screaming in pain loudly. Went on the recumbent bike for 5 minutes to begin legs: warm the legs up and wait for the pain to subside in my shoulders).

Leg Press 450/15warmup, 540/solid 8, 590/ 6+2 (two more solid reps with the 2 with my hands on my knees guiding it up).

Icarian Lying Leg Curl (alternate the seated with the lying leg curl per session): 120/15warmup, 160/13 (one more than last time), 170/8, and for fun the whole stack 200/5! (one more than last time. Form sucked though ).

Icarian Hack Squat (I hate this machine!!!! ):160/15warmup, 210/8 (enough for me!).

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4 (90 lbs more than last time).

Seated Calf Raise: 90/15 X 4

Plie (Power) Squat: 90/25 X 4

LifeFitness Leg Extension: for fun full stack 225/4 (hard time getting the first one up, and keeping my bum on the chair!), and a declining set of 180/10.

Home I went at a little after 1 pm. Time to prepare food for the family holiday get together at the lodge in Indiana for three days/two nights. Plan to just hike, jog, and do yoga there (no ice skating this year, and maybe no tobogganing this year either!).

Oh yeah, didn't lose any weight this week. I'm still eating clean, but not down to the bare necessities yet, and my cardio is only 25 minutes of treadmill at a 12 minute mile pace (pathetic I know). After New Years I will kick it up a notch. BAM!! quote from Emerill .

Chest and Bicep day: Had a wonderful Christmas at Pokagon, IN. On Christmas I did nothing except drive for a couple of hours to get to Pokagon, and then watched Mummy marathon movies on USA. Next day I did 30 minutes of treadmill (and watched the Today's show about the father and son Hoyt team and cried, almost got exercise induced asthma) and 2 hours of hiking around the state park lands. I did another 30 minutes of treadmill today (and watched the Today's show tribute to the death of President Gerald R. Ford, and saw my birthplace of Grand Rapids) and went to the gym when I got back home.

Smith Press Incline (#3) Chest Press: 50/25warmups, 70/15, 90/10, 100/6, no 110 this time, declined set of 70/12 failure.

Cable Incline Flyes: 3/15 (two more than last time), 4/8 (one more than last time)

LifeFitness Dumbell Grip Chest Press: 105/13, 120/8

LifeFitness Pec Dec: 60/15, 75/10

EZ bar Curl: 30/15, 35/8, and for fun 40/6 (rocking all the way , but concentrating on holding the down swing as slow as possible).

Hammer Curl: 25/15, 30/10, 35/8, and declining sets of 20/, 15/, 10/all for 15 reps.

Cable Curl: 90/15, 100/8

Still having a problem with eating. My dinner portion was alittle large (which is usually normal), and I made these awesome chocolate chip oatmeal cookies for the trip and we were all fighting over them till they were gone. I won't get serious about my eating till Monday the 1st, although I will keep trying so as to ease into the transition of dieting.

Rest day: I was suppose to have a rest day tommorrow, but I switched to today (that is how I talked myself out of working out today ). I did do a level 2 Anusara yoga class (all hip openers and twists. instructor wants to Rock the Shakti! so she is preparing us for this by opening us down deep). The yoga class was 1 and 1/2 hours long and I was so tired by this afternoon that I cat napped for an hour. Woke up and started doing house chores and the time went by so fast that it was dinner time and then I talked myself out of working out at the gym. Tommorrow morning will be Back and Tricep day (another excuse is that my back hurts from all the twists I did today in yoga today. so tight). Weighed myself today, 175 on the scale, so I lost 1 pound. Count down to cutting/dieting on Monday - three days. Alot of experimenting on cutting with diet and cardio this time around.

Back and Tricep day: Started off doing 30 minutes of treadmill jogging. Back to writing down everything that I eat and the time/and back to being hungry . Went to the gym around 4 pm, and doing my back is hard with the exercises I've picked this time around.

T-bar Row: 50/20, 70/15, 90/12, 115/8 (sloppy form).

Wide-bar Cable Front Pushdown: 50/15, 60/10 (had to do this twice, cause it was so hard, till I switched to the bar I usually do it on and the machines I usually do it on: much smoother cables ).

Stiff Legged Deadlift (went to the corner with the pads on the floor): 70/10 (warming up. scared to hurt my back), 90/6+2

Upright EZ bar Rows: 20/11, 25/10 (forearms hurting on this one at first, till they got warmed up, then they were OK).

Cybex Row: 125/15, 137.4/10

supersetted with Shrugs: 180/25 X 4 (traps hurt. must have used them alot for the upright rows).

Rope Pushdowns: 5/15, 6/10

EZ bar skullcrushers: 20/12, 30/10

Cybex assisted dips: 9/15, 8/10, and for fun tried 4/2 after I tried this

Cybex Tricep Pushdown: 180/4 (should be able to do my weight, but was scared to do it on the cybex dip machine so I put it on the lowest which was 4).

My outside lats don't feel used up as usual. Maybe I should do some Cybex assisted Pull-ups: 14/8, 16/8 (feel used up now).

Just Leg day: My upper body is so sore, especially my extensor carpi radialis brevis, that I will do just leg today and wait till tommorrow for shoulders (as long as my arm/elbow is feeling up to it).

Did my 30 minutes of treadmill, after seeing and talking to my slightly new (moved in a year ago) neighbors who happen to get each other memberships for Christmas. It was an easy 30 minutes; changing to 35 minutes after tommorrow. Also make a note not to do treadmill cardio when I shall be doing legs for the day (it was so painful to do the leg exercises this time. I used my hands on the side of my knees to help get my legs thru the reps of the set on some of them. My legs feel so full of something, like lead pillars, and already sore). I also did an easy Jivamukti yoga class with my son today (the free community class every Saturday), although the instructor did have us doing Warrior 2 for awhile to help contribute to my painful legs today.

Icarian Hack Squat (I did mention that I hate this exercise? ): 90/15warmup, 140/15 (ouch), 160/15 (warming up now), 210/8

Seated Calf Raise (do this next as my quads need a rest): 90/25 X 4

Leg Press: 540/8, 590/8 (hands on knees, and the last one was so hard to get up that my hands had to go on top of my knee to help push it up this time instead of being on the side of my knee).

Icarian Lying Leg Curl: 150/15warmup, 170/solid 8

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4

Plie (Power) Squats: 90/25 X 4 (I was doing this and then this throughout the 25 reps).

My goal for cutting is always to keep the weights I am at and get rid of the fat with cardio and dieting: maximum muscle mass/minimum loss.

Last day of the 2006 year, and it's Shoulder Day: Went around noon, since the gym closes at 1 pm, and it was fairly busy with activity. My right arm still hurts whenever I twist the ulna and radius over each other in a motion. I had to have strict form with no turning of the wrist to escape the pain. I came up with some interesting hand grips on the machines .

Smith Military Press: 50/15warmups (so slowly, and kept my elbows in front to keep the wrist just so), 70/12, 90/6 (one more than last time).

Rear Delt Dumbell Row: 20/15, 25/10 (two more than last time), 30/8 (two more than last time).

Icarian Standing Deltoid (Lateral Flyes): 10/15warmups (had to grab the ends of the rotating hand bars), 20/15 (warming up still), 30/12, 40/8

Icarian Shoulder Press: 60/15 (hurt again here, but kept the elbows in and could do alot of work!), 70/12 (three more than last time), and tried 80/8 (new weight up).

For fun I did Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 70/8, couldn't make it to 15, so I guess the shoulders are done for the day, although they are not hurting from use or feel full/pumped up. My right arm limited my use of my shoulders today. Oh well, they will be ready for abuse next time .

Chest and Bicep day: Well I got up early at 7 am to go and run on the treadmill but the gym was closed till 9 am. Instead, I decided to go to Anusara Level 2 yoga class today with my favorite teacher. More hip openers, some back bends, handstand, and meditation, all in a hot room with sweat pouring out of me. Very nice . Came home and power mall shopped with my daughter for two hours, and then crashed for an hour, and then off to the gym. Very quiet Monday at the gym.

Smith Press Incline (#3) Chest Press: 70/15, 90/10, 100/8 (solid this time).

Cybex Cable Incline (#3) Chest Flyes: 3/15, 4/8 (very hard at the peak contraction as the cables come together).

LF Dumbell Grip Chest Press: 105/15 (+2 than last time), 120/9 (+1 than last time).

LF Pec Dec: 75/15, new weight 90/8!

EZ bar Curl 30/15, 35/8 (forearm still hurts. strict form).

Hammer Curl 25/15, 30/10, 35/8

Cable Curl: 100/8, 90/15

Went back and did SmithPress 70/12 (couldn't do 15, chest is done) and another Cable Curl machine 30/12 (couldn't do 15, so bicep is done). Chest and biceps feel pumped as I left.

Rest day: Went to the gym in the morning and did 35 minutes of jogging on the treadmill. Last week when I started to feel like quitting after 25 minutes, and I told myself only five more minutes (for the total of 30 minutes), it is like OK I can do this. But today when I told myself it is only ten more minutes, I was not like OK I can do this. It was shut up and do it! Geez. No yoga today either because my forearm is hurting so much and I want to be able to do back and triceps tommorrow.

On a high note, I've lost another pound on the scale this morning: 174 lbs.

Another rest day: I went to the gym after dropping off the kids at school (first day back from the Christmas break. my high note for the day!) and did the usual 35 minutes and it was easier this time. Made it to 3 miles in 36 minutes (really I walk for a 1 minute at the beginning to loosen up and prepare myself). My forearm is still hurting me alot today, so I won't be doing Back and Triceps today for fear of hurting it more. I shall let it heal up properly, although my ego is whispering in my ear that I missed an opportunity to put on some more muscle mass before I get too cut and won't be able to put any more on and will be just trying to hold on to what I got. Three days of healing it properly as oppose to three months of therapy just like my shoulder injury of past makes the ego silent. . . . . for now .

Leg Day: I decided to listen to my body and my forearm still hurts alittle, so another rest day for it. But I can still do my legs! So today is legs, so no cardio this morning but I did an Anusara Yoga/Lvl2 class today. It was absolutely wonderful. Rock the Shakti! Today it was focusing on the Spirit. How we do our yoga poses with alot of Muscular Energy and Organic Extension, but we must remember to also Open to Grace (Anusara's yoga theme/Tantra philosophy) and therefore allow the Spirit to move in us. She also gave us knowledge of the full moon that we have been enjoying for four days now, as the Cancer moon. That we may be more intuitive, or in line with nature, these past few days. I know I had an "Ahha" moment on the way home. I am sick of isolating myself as a vegan. I don't like the thought that animals are being killed for human consumption, but I am not going to let that isolate me from people. I don't want to use the label to say that this is me. I don't know why I let it get this way for so long. I use to be friends with everybody. I've had drug addicts whom I adored, but I don't do drugs. I've had geeks who were my friends, and I am a cheerleader type. I was an honor student and had mentally challenged friends that saw the world in a way that was respectful and delighted in the ordinary. Perhaps I got carried away in thinking I was righteous in my not killing animals for food, and this was the image I clung to. I now shed this image. It is my choice not to eat animals, and if one is interested in my thoughts of eating a plant-based diet then I will tell them what I know. Just because they are not aware of my understanding doesn't make them any less valuable as a friend. I desire my world of love and understanding back, and friends to shine and reflect my Self upon.

Icarian Hack Squat: 90/15warmups, 160/15, 210/10 (+2 than last time!)

Icarian Lying Leg Curl: 160/15 (+2 than last time), 170/10 (+2), 180/8 (new weight).

Leg Press: 540/10, 590/8, and new weight 610/3+3 (three solid, breath, three with hands on knees to help keep knees in line and mental support).

Seated Calf Raise 90/25 X 4

Leg Calf Press: 450/25 X 4

Plie (Power) Squats: new weight 140/ 15 X 4

A couple of other people in the gym were doing legs also. We were all walking around in a comical way like we were stiff Frankenstein's and . . . . . . a face to match!

Back and Tricep day: Started off the morning with 35 minutes on the treadmill. Very easy to do. Good thing, since I have one more day of 35, and then it will be 40 on Sunday. My right forearm is still tweaking, so I adjusted any exercises that hurt with some other kind that works the same muscle group. Gym was a usual quiet Friday afternoon at 4 pm, with the trainer and his clients not around to razz me , but there were some new young bloods in the house: both guys and girls. They always walk in with their heads down past the mirrors, while the pros come in and check themselves out in the mirrors. Bicep boy is getting pretty big, and checks them out constantly. Too bad he doesn't do legs. He still has time though, he is about my son's age (15).

T-bar row: 50/20, 70/15, 990,12, 115/8 (hurt my forearm a little, so I bent way over to get a more traditional row).

Wide bar Cable Front Pulldown: 50/10 (hurt! tried lesser weight to see if I could "warm" up the forearm muscle first), 40/15, 50/15, 60/10 (no new weight here).

Stiff-leg Deadlift: 50/10warmup, 70/12, 90/8

Upright EZ bar Rows: 20/15, 25/10, surprise a new weight on this exercise part 30/8 (funny thing happened. I thought I felt something go snap in my right forearm and then there was no more intense pain. Weird. No swelling. . at least not yet. Tommorrow will tell me what happened probably).

Shrugs: 180/25 X 4 supersetted with

Cybex Row: 125/15, 137.5/12 (+2 than last time), new weight 150/8

Rope Pulldown: 5/15, 6/10

Cybex assisted dip: 9/15, 8/10, new weight 7/10

no skull crushers/do overhead V-bar extension instead: 5/15, 6/10, 7/no way could I get it up!, 6/10 again to fatigue it. Maybe this is a better exercise for my long head of the tricep, since the skullcrushers haven't let me keep my weight up from last time. Mmmmmmm.

Just Shoulder day: I woke up very tired and 35 minutes on the treadmill was torture. I did the 35 minutes but I power walked (4.0 on the treadmill/14min-mile pace) for about 15 minutes of it. Legs felt like lead and it was tiring to lift them. I only got 2.5 miles today. Also the forearm still hurts, but it isn't any worse than it was yesterday. Putting arnica on it now to get the inflammation to go down. I don't want it turning into a chronic pain. I don't know if I have the patience to let it heal all the way it needs (probably two weeks of not lifting ).

Busy day with the kids and painting the kitchen. Went to the gym around 5 and it was quiet. I had all the machines to myself.

Smith Military Press: 50/15, 70/12, 90/5, and a set of 50/15 again.

Rear Delt dumbell bent over flyes: 20/15, 25/15 (+3 than last time), 30/8+2 (+4 than last time).

Icarian Standing Deltoid: 20/15, 30/15 (+3), 40/8

Icarian Shoulder Press: 70/15(+3), 80/10 (+2), new weight 90/7

For fun Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 90/8

Weight for today was 173, so I have lost the two pounds for this week already. Hopefully I will be a good girl and not eat food, just take my shake, and go to bed, so it will still be the same in the morning .

Rest day: Did 45 minutes on the treadmill and it was not easy, but it was doable (thank goodness for my ipod!). I got so busy this day and it was past the time for the gym, so I guess it is a rest day (my forearm is very happy at this). I still was 173 this morning so now I am on to 171 for next Sunday. No treadmill tommorrow, going for the Anusara yoga class instead.

Monday, the 8th of January was an off day (giving the forearm time to heal). I ran with the kids for 35 minutes around the High School indoor track in the afternoon after school was out.

Tuesday, the 9th of January was another off day (again giving the forearm a rest day). I ran 40 minutes on the treadmill in the morning.

Wednesday, the 10th of January, was Chest and Bicep day. Went back to the old routine, and tested my forearm on the exercises. I did not do the Cybex Chest Flyes because it hurt my forearm too much, but I was able to do Cybex Cable Flyes.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25warmup, 180/15, 200/8 (can't do as much as last time. Don't like this one bit. Hopefully next time I do Chest I will be able to do the 230/6 again).

Cybex Cable Flyes: 40/25warmup, 50/15, 60/8 (no problem here).

Incline #3 Smith Press: 80/15, 90/8, 95/7 (same as last time).

Life Fitness Dumbell Grip Chest Press: 105/12, 120/8 (same as last time).

Cable Curl: 60/25warmups, 80/15, 90/15, 100/10 (kept strict form cause one tweek one way hurt the forearm).

Hammer Curl: 25/15, 30/ 8, 35/6 (same as last time. strict form. forearm no hurt).

Overhead Bi Curl: 4/15, 5/10, and another 5/10.

I also ran 40 minutes on the treadmill in the morning.

Thursday was another rest day. My chest and biceps were very sore. I went to my Anusara yoga class, lvl 2, and was taught by my favorite instructor. She corrected my hip alignment in Pigeon pose and said that 2007 would be my year to shine. I wonder if I might . Inspiration for my spirit.

Shoulder day: Did another 40 minutes on the treadmill today. It was so boring! but I did it anyways.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/12, 100/8 (these were all hard to do. Forearm feels much better!).

Icarian Standing Delt: 20/15, 30/15, 40/8 (hold hands on the end caps because it hurt my forearms otherwise).

Icarian Rear Delt: 40/25warmups, 50/15, 60/10

Military Press (Smith): 70/10, 80/5

Icarian Shoulder Press: 70/15, 80/10, 90/5 (Dumbell Grip)

Dumbell Lateral Flyes (just for fun. They did not hurt my forearms, unlike the Icarian Standing Delt): 10/15, 20/15, 25/10

Was going to do Legs, but I was wiped out with Shoulders, and I did the treadmill already which comprimises my ability to really push the weight with my legs. I will do them tommorrow. No treadmill tommorrow then. Even though it is not Sunday, my weight was 170 this morning! Three pounds this week already, see if I can keep it up till Sunday (no backsliding by bingeing!).

Leg Day: No treadmill or yoga today. Just went to the gym in the afternoon.

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 90/25warmups, 150/15, 180/15, 210/10 (ouch. haven't been on this machine in about a month. not easy).

Icarian Leg Curl (like this one better than the LifeFitness one for some reason): 160/15, 170/10, 180/8 (very hard to get out the 8 in good form).

Leg Press: 450/15, 540/8 (legs fatigued already. not going to push them hard today. maybe next time).

Lep Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4 supersetted with

Plie (Power) Squats: 90/25 X 4

Seated Calf Raise: 90/25 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise was too easy. The Seated Calf Raise is the one that makes the calves scream, so I am going to stick with those from now on. I will up the Plie Squats to 140 lbs. for 15 reps like last time, but my legs were already tired and for some reason I don't feel like pushing them today. Perhaps easing back to the old routine is my intention for today.

Back and Tricep day: 45 minutes on the treadmill for this week. It was of course very hard this morning to do it since I did Legs yesterday. Felt like I was treading water. When it got to be too much, I backed off and just power walked for a couple of minutes and then started back up to the 12min/mile pace. I did have to change treadmills because apparently the one I was on couldn't handle the change in pace and just shut off. I went to the next one, and it was a little easier to jog on that one. Weird . I think I found a new favorite treadmill to use from now on.

Hammer Strength Back Row: 90/25warmup, 140/15, 180/15, 230/10

Cable Lat Pulldown: 100/15, 110/15, 120/10

Cybex Back Row: 137.5/15, 150/12, 162.5/8

Cybex Pull up: 15/12, 14/10

Hyperextension: 35/25 x 4 superset with (these were easy to do after doing deadlifts and making my lower back so sore. May alternate hypers with deadlifts).

Shrug Machine: 230/25 X 4

Rope Tricep Pushdown: 5/15, 6/10, 7/4 (ouch with the rope hurting the forearm on the flare on the way down).

V-bar Cable Tricep Overhead Extension: 5/15, 6/12, 7/5

Bench Dips: Bodyweight/25 X 4

Some weights were the same, others were not up to the last time I used this exercise routine. Not to worry, I think I can get back there. Forearm is still a factor in some pulling exercises (not in the pushing ones). Made the 2 pounds loss for this week, still 170. Next two are up next, and hopefully I can keep the weights up with all this cardio. I think I am going to mix up the routine of what body parts to lift on what days. Some parts need more rest with cardio in the mix (namely Legs. Owwie!).