PETA --- a terrorist organization?

sirdle

This just in from Democracy Now!

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/30/1354235

ACLU: FBI Has Designated Activist Groups as Terrorists

The American Civil Liberties Union has obtained internal government documents that show the FBI designated two Michigan activist groups as potentially being "involved in terrorist activities." One of the groups is the anti-war organization Direct Action. The second group is called By Any Means Necessary - it is a national organization dedicated to defending affirmative action, integration, and other gains of the civil rights movement. ACLU staff attorney Ben Wizner said "When the FBI and local law enforcement identify affirmative action advocates as potential terrorists, every American has cause for concern." The ACLU has been conducting an investigation into whether the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Forces has been engaged in political surveillance. As part of this investigation the ACLU has learned that the FBI has collected thousands of pages of documents related to other activist groups including Greenpeace, United for Peace and Justice, Code Pink, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee and the Muslim Public Affairs Council.

Well, you know you can't trust people who wish for animals to live peaceably...they just care about they animals - it's people they want to eat, kill and torture....

well said veganmadre.

What is terrorism is what we do to animals in slaughterhouses, "research" laboratories, circuses, rodeos, etc. etc. etc.

THAT is terrorism. And I am 100% for ANY action that is aimed at halting this terrorism, so long as innocent people AND animals are not hurt in the process.

LOL. The real terrorists are the industrial farms, research labs, etc. and they have the nerve to call Peta terrorists? Heck, even the ALF even if they destroy labs its not even close to what these farms and research labs do to animals for the animals entire lifetime. ALF may destroy a building, which results in the loss of money, which results in companies shutting down and not doing this sick, devilish work no more. Gosh, the nerve some people have...

Anyone that opposes the U.S. govt is a terrorist, and some of those accused of being terrorists dont actually oppose the U.S. I'd love to know if they have Rob down as some kind of revolutionary leader. I did hear one time a girl wearing a vegan shirt at school had to take it off. The school said it promoted gang activity. I got this from Jello Biafra, but could never find the story on the net, any of you Kalifornians know about this?

Anyone that opposes the U.S. govt is a terrorist, and some of those accused of being terrorists dont actually oppose the U.S. I'd love to know if they have Rob down as some kind of revolutionary leader. I did hear one time a girl wearing a vegan shirt at school had to take it off. The school said it promoted gang activity. I got this from Jello Biafra, but could never find the story on the net, any of you Kalifornians know about this?

Very very good point. US is the boss and the police of the world. If you do something that they say is wrong, you are terrorist. US IS THE BIGGEST TERRORIST OF THE WORLD. My ancestors know a lot about this, and their deception.

US is the boss and the police of the world. If you do something that they say is wrong, you are terrorist. US IS THE BIGGEST TERRORIST OF THE WORLD.

I completely agree with this. yet I see no revolution in the future. I see no possible new forms of government.

It is really popular to call things terrorism these days. But I don't think PETA is a terrorsist organisation. If PETA members where terrorists they would have encouraged plane attacks like the ones one 9-11. They wouldn't have movie stars in their magazines but terrorists like Bin Laden. It would say:

Bin Laden, has been a PETA terrorist for several years. He has flown planes in to the world trade center killing more than 5000 people. Altleast 4500 of those wheren't vegetarian/vegan, and had an average life ahead of them of about 30 years. Since the average meat eater consumes about 90 animals a year, this means there are 4500x30x90=12150000 animals saved from the death.

Since PETA does not encourage anything even close to that, they are no terrorist organisation!!! PETA is just an nice organisation that is trying to make the world a better place by trying to convince people not to eat meat by showing them the wrongs of it and the celebrities also not eating meat. They are not involved in terrorist actions!!!

If you eat meat you are a terrorist. A terrorist to your own health and that of other people and animals.

US is the boss and the police of the world. If you do something that they say is wrong, you are terrorist. US IS THE BIGGEST TERRORIST OF THE WORLD.

I completely agree with this. yet I see no revolution in the future. I see no possible new forms of government.

As a friend of mine said to me recently, as we were discussing the Patriot Act being re-certified and our consequential desire to emigrate from this fast-becoming police state, most Americans will put up with any and all crap the government throws at them as long as their sitcoms don't get interrupted.

As a friend of mine said to me recently, as we were discussing the Patriot Act being re-certified and our consequential desire to emigrate from this fast-becoming police state, most Americans will put up with any and all crap the government throws at them as long as their sitcoms don't get interrupted.

this is true. I, myself, would love to emigrate to a new place, a new culture, a new life. and I plan to do so within the next few years.

this is true. I, myself, would love to emigrate to a new place, a new culture, a new life. and I plan to do so within the next few years.

My moms side's culture and people are almost totally eliminated, thanks to US.