Greetings Fellow Vegans

veganmomma

My name is veganmomma. I Powerlift and Olympiclift to developing strength for martial arts. I am not currently training in MA because of time, I am a student, money, the only school that taught Krav Maga in Philadelphia moved to a new location, and I will not sign a contract without an exit clause.

My fitness goals are to develope explosive strength for striking power. Eventually I would like to develope a strength routine for stand-up grappling to compliment striking. My weak point is upperbody strength. My strong point is lowerbody strength.

My favorite exercises are Deep Squat, Deadlift, DB Power Clean, DB Power Snatch, DB Push Jerk or Press and Side bends.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome veganmomma!

We are happy to have you here. Thanks for finding us and for joining our awesome group! There are hundreds of vegan athletes here and some from your area too, I believe.

I look forward to hearing more from you. All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome! I have a friend who teaches a combat class similar to krav maga (from what I understand, anyway), every Tuesday (and I think Thursday?) night in Folsom, PA. You should check it out sometime!

Nicole,

Do you have contact info or a web address and where is Folsom?

I will look up Folsom on www.mapquest.com Excuse me for being a little silly I just got back from a party.

Welcome! I have a friend who teaches a combat class similar to krav maga (from what I understand, anyway), every Tuesday (and I think Thursday?) night in Folsom, PA. You should check it out sometime!

Nicole,

Do you have contact info or a web address and where is Folsom?

I will look up Folsom on www.mapquest.com Excuse me for being a little silly I just got back from a party.

Folsom is in DelCo, but some of the guys in class drive from MontCo, so I'm sure you could hook up a ride if you went a few times and met everyone. I don't know if they have a website, but I know they have a myspace: http://www.myspace.com/cqcsa.

I've been to a few demonstrations that they do (my husband attends class regularly) and it's amazing the science behind the stuff that they teach.

Being silly is not allowed here. Persist & you will be purged.

Nicole,

That looks like a very interesting group - have you participated in their training?

I've only viewed a few demonstrations, but I've been asked to demo things during them. Also, my husband takes class weekly (his picture is in the slideshow on the myspace page I linked), so he often comes home to shows me new things. He weighs about 100 lbs more than me and I can knock him on his ass with the things I've learned! Definitely good stuff to know, though I'm probably due for a refresher.