This is danny

danny

Hi there **

So, I finally want to introduce myself here.

My name`s danny I´m 25 and from Germany... actually Im no vegan. But Im vegetarian and I`m about cut out animal products step by step...

I dont eat or drink milk products for health reasons and I was very motivated by the "Vegan Fitness" DVD and, of course, by my bigger brother Alex aka Daywalker

I guess most of you know him here and well, he is always very strict in what he is doing and most of the time very successful. So thats a motivation **

But Im a bit afraid of loosing too much weight. Im doing weights for some time now and it was always my number one priority. Martial Arts were, too, important but like a "side project". But since summer Boxing became my new fav and I have a hell of a time trying to keep my weight O_o

Well, enough of the bla and Hi all

danny**

Awesome to have you here!

As i said before, it's not unusual to lose some weight in the transition phase, but you should be able to gain it back. Michaelhobson is a good example for a big, tall, fat vegan

my bigger brother Alex aka Daywalker

As always, Danny is overly modest. It should really be "older" brother, not bigger

Well, enough of the bla and Hi all

Well said.

Good luck with your training and achieving your goals!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

Welcome to the forum danny!

So you are Daywalker's brother? Awesome! I hung out with him this summer and it was a great time. He's like a bigger brother to a bunch of us here on the forum

We're glad to have you here and you'll get all your questions answered and you'll find all the motivation and inspiration you need to thrive as a vegan athlete.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Michaelhobson is a good example for a big, tall, fat vegan

Thanks for the compliment, I am a big, tall, fat vegan. Too bad Jonathan has now topped me in all three categories!

Cheeky young upstart that he is!

Welcome to the forum Danny. I live with Alex these days and constantly tease him about being skinny - the result is that I think I have convinced him that unless he is 100kg he is underweight!

I hope to meet you sometime in the not too distant future if you come over to visit Alex.

Good luck with your transition to veganism. If it will help, post your diet to see if we can see any nutritionally weak areas that might be causing weight loss.

Jonathan

If it will help, post your diet to see if we can see any nutritionally weak areas that might be causing weight loss.

Oh, Danny, i forgot to say that you should never listen to anything Jonathan says

His idea of nutrition is having 6 shakes a day, each made out of oats, water, oil and protein powder (greatest first) and between 500-1000kcal.

Plus, at only 122kg he is quite underweight himself

Meh, enjoy the board - or something

Welcome! What kind of martial arts have you done? I've had the urge to give boxing a try lately, but I don't know if I could stop myself from kneeing my opponent while in a clinch or kicking his legs. I lost about 10 pounds in the first few months of being vegan, but I've gained about 6 back (I guess that's 5 kg and 3 kgs). And that's without really trying to gain - I do almost nothing but cardio and body weight training. Cheers!

Thanks all

Well, my weight is now 87kg on 1,82m (thats like 6feet,1..?), it was 97 in summer *sigh* but well, Im doing of cardio i.e. running, rope skipping etc etc, I didnt do before...

@Trev

I started with Muay Thai when I was 18... to improve my boxing for the MT I started with classical boxing and found out, for myself, that its way better... I like the technique better and the finesse. To that I do some grappling, sometimes mixed with punches, but just for the basics so I know how to handle those situations, its not my intention to become a freefighter ^^

And I guess you would get used to it pretty fast NOT to hit your opponent with your knees but there was a boxing match here once where some kickboxer did use his knees to bring down his opponent... well, he was blocked(locked?) for lifetime of course. But he did it on purpose, cause he got no chance, went mad and got on berserker stance

Not listen to Jonathan.. hmmm.... but I like those idea of shakes but those sound a bit like a bowel breaker to me *ouch*

P.S. Love the avatar, I can totally see the family resemblance.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3397/hulkavatar2sd4.jpg =====> http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/images/avatars/8788402145957f3320b2b.jpg

danny**

@Trev

I started with Muay Thai when I was 18... to improve my boxing for the MT I started with classical boxing and found out, for myself, that its way better... I like the technique better and the finesse. To that I do some grappling, sometimes mixed with punches, but just for the basics so I know how to handle those situations, its not my intention to become a freefighter ^^

And I guess you would get used to it pretty fast NOT to hit your opponent with your knees but there was a boxing match here once where some kickboxer did use his knees to bring down his opponent... well, he was blocked(locked?) for lifetime of course. But he did it on purpose, cause he got no chance, went mad and got on berserker stance

Yeah, I was just kidding about using knees and leg kicks! We do a lot of boxing at my gym, as well as MT, karate and a bit of BJJ - mostly takedown defence. The kickboxer that kneed the boxer just sounds like an idiot. Gives martial arts a bad name. I've never sparred just with boxing, but I definitely wanna give it a try. What is it about boxing that you like more than MT? I still enjoy watching boxing almost as much as MT or MMA. A good fighter is a good fighter is a good fighter. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...