It's hard to have an original title

Electrocution

Hi, my name's Derek, I'm 17, live in State College, Pennsylvania, USA (Penn State anyone?). I'm a vegan obviously...I like to skate and am a big music geek, so I am down to talk about any of the above

Looks like a friendly community here, so I'm looking forward to getting plenty of help in my effort for a healthier lifestyle.

Awesome, you're about 3 hours west of me, welcome to the forums.

And three hours to the east of me. I see a meetup in our future.

Hey, how about we use his house as our halfway point and have another meet up, that way it's not 6 horrible hours on each of us?

Welcome Derek!

I'm sure you'll meet some very cool people from your area soon. Our forum is growing at a nice pace and there are quite a few members in your general area. One of the most fun things about this forum is the opportunity to hang out with other like minded people in your region. I've met about 40 members so far and it has been awesome!

Thanks for finding our forum and I know you'll enjoy it here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hello & Welcome Derek!

I've wanted to check out State College for several years now - what are your favorite &/or least favorite things about living there?

the university brings a decent variety of people and educational resources, as well as speakers and other such events. we get some of the more popular bands coming through, but other than that, the area is pretty lacking in terms of live music (something i am deeply upset about...). overall i feel that it lacks...culture, which is why i'm looking to go to school in a city, although i will miss being away from nature

thanks for all of the welcomes.

• 4 weeks later...