Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:51 pm 
Elephant

Need to cut some fat so bumping up the training for a bit.
Today:
30 min cardio interval training

coffee
spinach salad
handful raw cashews
water

I'll post my evening routine as soon as I can locate where I put that workout from Daywalker (and do it). :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:49 pm 
Elephant

Trying something dif for eating, I'll post if it works out. But my weight lifting went REALLY well after my AM meal.

30 min cardio inteval training on tread
water
New Routine (I found it, yes Daywalker worked this out a while back):
2 sets for everything almost to failure
Bench Press -really weak to start, but with help to make me think about breathing proper and slowing reps, it ended very strong
Lat Pull Downs-help with form (I've been slacking) excellent results
Squats -with someone present, I am now aware that my left leg is stronger than my right (prob due to left knee injury which will never fully recover) so I need to learn not to "tilt" when rising. Overall very strong deep squats, very controlled. Left arm kept falling asleep.
Upright barbell rows- Again with someone there I was able to concentrate on the top of the movement
weighted decline crunches-easy peasy -2 sets 'til failure on this one

I was bummed that after working out alone for so long, I was seriously slacking on form (I need mirrors in the room), but so glad to have someone help me out.

stretching in between and after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:59 pm 
Elephant

2 hour session today!

30 min cardio interval training on tread

2 sets + a warm up for each exercise. Except calves -14 -20 reps 2 sets for those

Bent over Barbell Row -pulling at the center of back (nerve?), so not as much weight as I would have liked
Dips -went well
Dead lift -I was lifting more than ever on this one -yay me!
Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press -my weakest body part -ouch, ouch ouch
Leg Raises -easy peasy, had to add ALOT more weight -super woman today
Seated Calf Raises -ummmm ouch
Lying Cable Bicep Curls -new exercise for me, once in position I can lift a lot more than I thought I could, great isolation
Standing Calf Raises with weighted lifting belt Had to use someone to support myself even getting up in position. The belt is new for me, so have to get used to it, man it digs into my hips! Anyway, it burned oh so good!

Couldn't stand up immediately after some of these. Very intense workout. If I hadn't partied last eve, I bet I could have accomplished even more. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:41 pm 
Gorilla

SeaSiren wrote:

Yay! Good going to deadlift more even after cardio AND staying out the night before 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:03 pm 
Elephant

Crystal wrote:
SeaSiren wrote:

Yay! Good going to deadlift more even after cardio AND staying out the night before 8)

thanks! Everyone else was in bed most or all of the day. That'll teach them to hang with me anymore. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:49 pm 
Elephant

:lol:
Did you drink or dance them into the ground? ;)

SeaSiren wrote:
Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press -my weakest body part -ouch, ouch ouch

I'm with you on that :?
Friggin' overhead presses... *walks off mumbling*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:39 am 
Elephant

Daywalker wrote:
:lol:
Did you drink or dance them into the ground? ;)

both :oops:

Eating may not be going as well, gonna give it a few more days. But gained 4 lbs already. I may be pushing more weight. But, I'm not willing to be strong and fat. I'd rather be defined and thin.

Planned for today when I get off work:
30 min cardio interval training on treadmill
abs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:28 pm 
Elephant

Not strong at ALL today and still gaining weight. I keep being told it'll pass but at this rate I'll be 10 lbs heavier by the end of the week! :evil:

Warm up plus two sets each:
Dumbell Bench Press - Elbow locked midway up on second set. Spotter caught it before it hit the ground. My spotter gave me the dumbells (one at a time) on the third set, and I almost flipped sideways off the bench. A bit unbalanced I suppose. He caught me, but it got me laughing so hard, I had to wait until it subsided :lol: I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out to bench anything.
Lat Pull Downs-terrible weak
Squats -terrible weak, still tilting to one side, arm kept falling asleep
Upright barbell rows- weak
crunches-easy peasy (at last something easy today) -3 sets

Now I'm fat AND weak!!!! :evil:

I will give it a full week, unless I hit 8 lbs, then game over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:02 am 
Elephant

SeaSiren wrote:
Not strong at ALL today and still gaining weight.
(...)
Now I'm fat AND weak!!!! :evil:

You defy the laws of thermodynamics :shock:
Gaining weight on that diet... :?:

Maybe have your thyroid checked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:53 am 
Elephant

Thyroid is fine on paper. But I have always had symptoms anyway. Easy weight gain and always being cold. I wanted to see an endocrinologist about it, but they won't see me without a referral. I can't get a referral because my quack doctor has it "under control". I can't get another doctor because everyone is overloaded out here and they aren't taking new patients.

Actually due to concern of my caloric intake and wanting really badly to promote muscle growth for comp. I was in the middle of an experiment. Several small meals like most bbuilders:
meal 1: carb, protein, fruit (equal small portions)
meal 2: protein supplement
meal 3: carb, protein, veg (equal small portions)
meal 4: protein sup
meal 5: high protein snack

Which of course meant my calories went up considering what I used to eat. But I am gaining at an incredible weight. And had someone actually mention it yesterday (I gain in my face easy) I weighed in 8 lbs heavier then when I started. So not waiting the full week for it to work itself out. Game over.....back to the way I know I am comfortable.

I was strong for day 1 & 2 but felt "heavy" and lethargic. After that down hill from there. Heavy, lethargic, weak, and cardio was terrible too. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:10 pm 
Elephant

Super super tired today. :( Since I had put on the 8lbs so quickly, it's akin to carrying around an 8lb weight all day long!

Back to mostly raw today, but not hungry at all (must be all the fat I'm carrying).

coffee
small salad w/olive oil, water
couple slices of apple and orange, water

30 min cardio, only fast walking. Couldn't get out of my own way and had no trouble getting my pulse up.

Pea/Rice Protein shake with banana & juice of 1 orange, ice
Planned:
raw "salmon pate" in kale wrap, water

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 am 
Manatee

Seasiren,
Same thing happened to me this time last year.
I started to take the rice protein (which supposedly is raw), on weekends only and my weight went up but not my strength. I attribute it to the protein because it is processed and not a whole food.
I am now gaining weight AND strength on just whole raw foods
I would suggest eliminate the protein drinks and eat sprouted beans instead. At least that is what has worked for me, or try the hemp protein.

Keep on lifting!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 am 
Elephant

Heya :D
This time of year it's harder for me to workout. I just don't get as much out of my body as I do the rest of the year. It's also easier to gain fat and water. I'm very sensitive to the light and when it's darker I get like this. I know some people are not affected by it at all but maybe you are? It could be a possibility, the things you describe are usually what happens to me this time of year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:04 pm 
Elephant

Thanks guys! I really think it was too much caloric intake. My body just doesn't opperate like the norm. I am doing the protein boost after workout to see gains faster (I hope), other than that raw.

I have no patience for sprouting, tried it once and everything molded and smelled awful! :lol: The last several times I used hemp it made me really ill, like knife stabbing in the stomach bend over sick. Yes, since I am stubborn and didn't want to believe it was the hemp, I did it several times just to be sure. :P

My entire health and training has been a series of "experiments" to see what works best for my body. So this was one that didn't work (and the third time I went throught it), guess that means I am now sure it doesn't work.

The higher raw intake feels right. I have more energy, feel lighter, and just overall feel best.

I was looking over my journal and realize I haven't had a break in many days, don't know how I missed a rest day. But today is it! :)

offense74, forgot mention. I start feeling really icky this time of year unless I get a shot of UV (tanning) at least once per week. Makes everthing much better. :)

coffee
banana
huge salad, with mixed greens, onions, clerey, baby tomatoes, olive oil and some sun seeds. Couple slices orange, water
Green Tea

planned:
apple, water
Raw portebella cap stuffed with avacado, tomato, onions, water
celery w/ raw "salmon pate" dip, water
nat decaf herbal tea

*all foods including drinks are organic

Girls have Irish Dance class today, so gives me an hour to plan meals for the week. Things always go smoother when everything is pre-planned and I actually have all the ingredients on hand. (plus less rots before I get to it)

Was supposed to go away for the weekend to Outer Banks, plans got smashed, I'm bummed :( But I'll get over it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:54 pm 
Elephant

coffee
banana

30 min interval training on treadmill

water
very small apple

Chest:
Dumbbell Bench Press warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps
alternated sets with below 30 sec max rest
Seated Dumbbell Press warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press Drop Weight sets to failure

Lateral Raises warm up 2 sets of 12 reps, 2 working sets of 8 reps
alternated sets with below 30 sec max rest
Hammer Curls warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets of 8 reps
Lateral Raises Drop Weight sets to failure
Hammer Curls Drop Weight sets to NO failure -stopped at 12 of lighter weight(couldn't lift the heavier weight, but when I dropped down I could do it all day....weird.)

Lying Cable Curls - 1 -warm up set of 12 reps, utterly exhausted by now, 1 working set of 5, 1 working set of 4 failure both times.

I was on the floor for a little bit after, since my arms were useless to get up :lol:

water during breaks

stretching

Protein shake w/ flax oil

Planned:
Weekend dose of UV
mixed green salad with onions, celery, baby tomatoes, and olive oil, water
green tea
Raw Kale Wraps
nat decaf herbal tea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next