Sea Back at It

Believe it or not, I'll actually have a little bit more time during the day, today and tomorrow. So I may see if I can get an extra session in (especially since I'll be eating Christmas Dinner)

Workouts are pretty strong, so I am happy with the continued progression.

30 min interval training today

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, I'll actually have a little bit more time during the day, today and tomorrow. So I may see if I can get an extra session in (especially since I'll be eating Christmas Dinner)

Totally didn't happen!

Everything very slow and controlled holding at the extention point:

Lunges 10-8-6-6

Leg Extensions 10-8-6-6

Seated Calf Raises 10-8-6-6

Standing Calf Raises 10-8-6-6 -clutching 25 plate

Leg Curls 10-8-6-6

Weighted decline curls 4 sets 10

Recovering from yesterday's meal. Ate cooked food but not a lot and it made be very sick, very lethargic, felt simply aweful.

Today:

coffee

banana

spinach salad with celery, onions, baby tomatoes, sun seeds and olive oil

banana

water

raw veggies

Today

coffee

(ran out of bananas )

oven fries (and now I feel promply sick)

Planned:

30 minute cardio interval training

abs

spinach salad with onions, celery, green pepper, olive oil

water

banana (after shopping)

orange

herbal tea

Weird stuff today. Have the "shakes" all day and problems with heart jumping and pulse racing every once in a while (like if someone jumped out and scared you). Hope it goes away soon....no fun.

Shakes went as fast as they came.

Hammer Curls 10-8-6-6

Tri Pull Downs 10-8-6-6

Barbell Curls 10-6-6-6

Skull Crushers 10-8-6-6

Wrist and forearm giving me grief on last two exercises.

Food:

coffee

banana

spinach salad with onions, celery, carrots, sun seeds, olive oil

raw spaghetti marinara

raw cashews

30 min cardio intervals on tread

ab routine

coffee

banana

spinach salad (etc)

girls wanted Chinese, so steamed veggies and rice

Very strong run tonight. But routine is getting stagnant. I'm switching it up for the coming weeks. I have a full body routine around here somewhere from Daywalker (maybe?), going to try to dig it up and jump in again.

Trying something dif for eating, I'll post if it works out. But my weight lifting went REALLY well after my AM meal.

30 min cardio inteval training on tread

water

New Routine (I found it, yes Daywalker worked this out a while back):

2 sets for everything almost to failure

Bench Press -really weak to start, but with help to make me think about breathing proper and slowing reps, it ended very strong

Lat Pull Downs-help with form (I've been slacking) excellent results

Squats -with someone present, I am now aware that my left leg is stronger than my right (prob due to left knee injury which will never fully recover) so I need to learn not to "tilt" when rising. Overall very strong deep squats, very controlled. Left arm kept falling asleep.

Upright barbell rows- Again with someone there I was able to concentrate on the top of the movement

weighted decline crunches-easy peasy -2 sets 'til failure on this one

I was bummed that after working out alone for so long, I was seriously slacking on form (I need mirrors in the room), but so glad to have someone help me out.

stretching in between and after.

2 hour session today!

30 min cardio interval training on tread

2 sets + a warm up for each exercise. Except calves -14 -20 reps 2 sets for those

Bent over Barbell Row -pulling at the center of back (nerve?), so not as much weight as I would have liked

Dips -went well

Dead lift -I was lifting more than ever on this one -yay me!

Standing Overhead Dumbbell Press -my weakest body part -ouch, ouch ouch

Leg Raises -easy peasy, had to add ALOT more weight -super woman today

Seated Calf Raises -ummmm ouch

Lying Cable Bicep Curls -new exercise for me, once in position I can lift a lot more than I thought I could, great isolation

Standing Calf Raises with weighted lifting belt Had to use someone to support myself even getting up in position. The belt is new for me, so have to get used to it, man it digs into my hips! Anyway, it burned oh so good!

Couldn't stand up immediately after some of these. Very intense workout. If I hadn't partied last eve, I bet I could have accomplished even more.

Dead lift -I was lifting more than ever on this one -yay me!

Yay! Good going to deadlift more even after cardio AND staying out the night before

thanks! Everyone else was in bed most or all of the day. That'll teach them to hang with me anymore.

:lol:

Did you drink or dance them into the ground?

both

Eating may not be going as well, gonna give it a few more days. But gained 4 lbs already. I may be pushing more weight. But, I'm not willing to be strong and fat. I'd rather be defined and thin.

Planned for today when I get off work:

30 min cardio interval training on treadmill

abs

Not strong at ALL today and still gaining weight. I keep being told it'll pass but at this rate I'll be 10 lbs heavier by the end of the week!

Warm up plus two sets each:

Dumbell Bench Press - Elbow locked midway up on second set. Spotter caught it before it hit the ground. My spotter gave me the dumbells (one at a time) on the third set, and I almost flipped sideways off the bench. A bit unbalanced I suppose. He caught me, but it got me laughing so hard, I had to wait until it subsided I'm beginning to think I'm not cut out to bench anything.

Lat Pull Downs-terrible weak

Squats -terrible weak, still tilting to one side, arm kept falling asleep

Upright barbell rows- weak

crunches-easy peasy (at last something easy today) -3 sets

Now I'm fat AND weak!!!!

I will give it a full week, unless I hit 8 lbs, then game over.

Thyroid is fine on paper. But I have always had symptoms anyway. Easy weight gain and always being cold. I wanted to see an endocrinologist about it, but they won't see me without a referral. I can't get a referral because my quack doctor has it "under control". I can't get another doctor because everyone is overloaded out here and they aren't taking new patients.

Actually due to concern of my caloric intake and wanting really badly to promote muscle growth for comp. I was in the middle of an experiment. Several small meals like most bbuilders:

meal 1: carb, protein, fruit (equal small portions)

meal 2: protein supplement

meal 3: carb, protein, veg (equal small portions)

meal 4: protein sup

meal 5: high protein snack

Which of course meant my calories went up considering what I used to eat. But I am gaining at an incredible weight. And had someone actually mention it yesterday (I gain in my face easy) I weighed in 8 lbs heavier then when I started. So not waiting the full week for it to work itself out. Game over.....back to the way I know I am comfortable.

I was strong for day 1 & 2 but felt "heavy" and lethargic. After that down hill from there. Heavy, lethargic, weak, and cardio was terrible too.

Super super tired today. Since I had put on the 8lbs so quickly, it's akin to carrying around an 8lb weight all day long!

Back to mostly raw today, but not hungry at all (must be all the fat I'm carrying).

coffee

small salad w/olive oil, water

couple slices of apple and orange, water

30 min cardio, only fast walking. Couldn't get out of my own way and had no trouble getting my pulse up.

Pea/Rice Protein shake with banana & juice of 1 orange, ice

Planned:

raw "salmon pate" in kale wrap, water

Seasiren,

Same thing happened to me this time last year.

I started to take the rice protein (which supposedly is raw), on weekends only and my weight went up but not my strength. I attribute it to the protein because it is processed and not a whole food.

I am now gaining weight AND strength on just whole raw foods

I would suggest eliminate the protein drinks and eat sprouted beans instead. At least that is what has worked for me, or try the hemp protein.

Keep on lifting!!

Heya

This time of year it's harder for me to workout. I just don't get as much out of my body as I do the rest of the year. It's also easier to gain fat and water. I'm very sensitive to the light and when it's darker I get like this. I know some people are not affected by it at all but maybe you are? It could be a possibility, the things you describe are usually what happens to me this time of year...

Thanks guys! I really think it was too much caloric intake. My body just doesn't opperate like the norm. I am doing the protein boost after workout to see gains faster (I hope), other than that raw.

I have no patience for sprouting, tried it once and everything molded and smelled awful! The last several times I used hemp it made me really ill, like knife stabbing in the stomach bend over sick. Yes, since I am stubborn and didn't want to believe it was the hemp, I did it several times just to be sure.

My entire health and training has been a series of "experiments" to see what works best for my body. So this was one that didn't work (and the third time I went throught it), guess that means I am now sure it doesn't work.

The higher raw intake feels right. I have more energy, feel lighter, and just overall feel best.

I was looking over my journal and realize I haven't had a break in many days, don't know how I missed a rest day. But today is it!

offense74, forgot mention. I start feeling really icky this time of year unless I get a shot of UV (tanning) at least once per week. Makes everthing much better.

coffee

banana

huge salad, with mixed greens, onions, clerey, baby tomatoes, olive oil and some sun seeds. Couple slices orange, water

Green Tea

planned:

apple, water

Raw portebella cap stuffed with avacado, tomato, onions, water

celery w/ raw "salmon pate" dip, water

nat decaf herbal tea

*all foods including drinks are organic

Girls have Irish Dance class today, so gives me an hour to plan meals for the week. Things always go smoother when everything is pre-planned and I actually have all the ingredients on hand. (plus less rots before I get to it)

Was supposed to go away for the weekend to Outer Banks, plans got smashed, I'm bummed But I'll get over it

coffee

banana

30 min interval training on treadmill

water

very small apple

Chest:

Dumbbell Bench Press warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

alternated sets with below 30 sec max rest

Seated Dumbbell Press warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

Seated Dumbbell Press Drop Weight sets to failure

Lateral Raises warm up 2 sets of 12 reps, 2 working sets of 8 reps

Hammer Curls warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets of 8 reps

Lateral Raises Drop Weight sets to failure

Hammer Curls Drop Weight sets to NO failure -stopped at 12 of lighter weight(couldn't lift the heavier weight, but when I dropped down I could do it all day....weird.)

Lying Cable Curls - 1 -warm up set of 12 reps, utterly exhausted by now, 1 working set of 5, 1 working set of 4 failure both times.

I was on the floor for a little bit after, since my arms were useless to get up

water during breaks

stretching

Protein shake w/ flax oil

Planned:

Weekend dose of UV

mixed green salad with onions, celery, baby tomatoes, and olive oil, water

green tea

Raw Kale Wraps

nat decaf herbal tea

coffee

banana

mixed green salad with onions, celery, baby tomatoes, and olive oil, water

orange

Planned:

30 min interval training on treadmill

Protein shake

1 -slice of raw coconut pie (pie is cut into 16 slices, 2 -coconut, 4 -bananas, 1- avacado, flax oil, nutmeg, cinnamin, in food processor until smooth in a raw almond crust), water

nat decaf herbal tea

I got a gander at what my competitors will look like.

I better get my butt in gear! Or they're gonna tear this little vegan gal a new one.

I'm all about getting experience this first year, but I would like to look like I ACTUALLY belong there.

Today:

coffee

banana

protein shake

spinach salad w/ onions, carrots, celery, baby tomatoes, and olive oil

water, water, water all day (feels like I am drowning)

Planned:

Another Drop Set routine, will post results in a couple hours when I'm done as I have it at the house.

Protein shake w/flax oil

Raw stuffed portabella

My calories vary from day to day. Right now I am undoing the damage done by not being able to work out when my toe was broken. That being said even on a "normal maintaining" day I take in much less calories then many people my size. I am blessed or cursed with a very slow metabilism. It doesn't take much for me to be able to feed my body and have energy throughout the day. My weight stays steady between 125-130 depending on how much water weight I am carrying at the time. I've not had problems dropping to low (which would mean risk of muscle loss). I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, everyone is different. The main thing is being sure I have energy, do not experience muscle loss, get enough nutrients from my food, and do not get hungry.

progress pic my daughter took this morning:

Not much coffee, not quite awake and hair just swept back. But, it'll do.

My shoulders and back are coming along nicely, and muscles are much more solid then before. I am quite happy so far, and look forward to further progress.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/denise12062e.jpg

I like your gym , and your avatar . Keep up the great work

I like your gym , and your avatar . Keep up the great work

Thank-you!

Squats warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

Lying Leg Curls warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

Seated Calf Raises warm up 2 sets 12 reps, 2 working sets of 8 reps

Squats Drop Weight sets to almost failure

Lying Leg Curls Drop Weight sets to failure

Seated Calf Raises Drop weight sets to failure

Leg Extentions warm up 1 set 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

Straight Leg Dead Lifts warm up 1 set 12 reps, 2 working sets 8 reps

Standing Calf Raises warm up 1 set 12 reps, 2 working sets 12 reps

Leg Extentions Drop Weight sets to failure

Straight Leg Dead Lifts Drop Weight sets to almost failure

Standing Calf Raises to failure

stretching

ummm, pretty much crawled out of that workout

Going to soak in a nice warm bath now.....

A little sore from yesterday, but not too bad.

coffee

MEAL 1 -protein shake with oats added, banana, water

MEAL 2- 1/3 of dish -tofu scramble (grilled tofu, added green peppers, onion, portebella, & kale, black pepper) side of raw spinach salad with little bit of onion, cucumber, celery, mushroom ,alfalfa sprouts and olive oil, water

MEAL 3- banana, water

30 min cardio interval training

abs -crunches

MEAL 4 -protein shake with flax oil

PLANNED:

MEAL 5 -grilled tofu with side of raw kale