this is FUCKED up

V VII Hero

so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

excuse me for cursing but I am extremely pissed.

what the fuck? have we the mentality of ogres?

Unlike standard processes, CTI can use a combination of vegetable oils such as soybean, corn, and canola, as well as used cooking oil and animal fats, in a high-yield process.

This quote is from an article I posted in the Biodiesel thread a while back. I was not happy to see that even biodiesel is being corrupted!!!

This plant is opening end of 2005 in Pennsylvania and planning to produce 10 million gallons per year. I wonder how much of it will be dead animals!

It's quite simple, really, since the meat industry already has a huge lobbying pull on our government. The exploitation of animals and now the environment is secondary to corporate america's success and it's ability to fund candidates in their campaigns. If you can break that circle of "Favor", you have a chance of making reform...otherwise, it's going to be a rough road until we exhaust every cash-flow opportunity.

( I didn't articulate this as eloquently as I would have liked to, but, i believe you get the point)

I dont think they would kill animals just to have their fat for fuel. Its pretty gross to be running on animal fat but gasoline and coal probably has some dead animal in it too.

just like ppl dont kill just for the fur, or tusks.... come on now. ppl will have an excuse to justify animal murders anyway they can, and now "fuel" will be another to add to the list

and yes, i understand fossil fuel has dead animals in it. which is why I no longer drive my car or purchase gasoline.

fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more

fossil fuel has dead animals in it, in the same way that mud / dirt has dead animals in it. I don't think it's exploitation in the same way. If someone kills an animal for meat, then uses the skin for leather, and the fat for fuel, I wouldn't want any of it. But if an animal died of natural causes, and has rotten, and is just debris, I don't see the problem, from the animals point of view that is. I understand the environmental problems associated with fuels.

EDIT: Or is there other stuff in fuels that I don't know about! I would like to hear more

Fossil fuels isn't really fossil fuels, its from diatomes. Its a plant. Dunno if all oil is like that, but I was shocked when I heard it since I grew up with the notion that we were running on "dino fuel".

so you know how we need an ALTERNATE source of energy to replace fuel...since the prices are up? well guess what stupid AMERICA is doing?

yeh we are now using CHICKEN FAT and TURKEY PARTS to fuel our engines. no lie its all over the fucking news.

Then we have to boycott this too as well?

Since the alleged processes all take millions of years, nobody knows for sure. There are many differnt hypotheses.

Oil comes from organic matter, including plants and animals: http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q1161.html

Oil comes from diatoms: http://www.priweb.org/ed/pgws/systems/energy_capture/capture.html

Oil comes from inorganic processes between the mantle and the crust: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38645

Then we have to boycott this too as well?

I dont consume or use animal byproducts...

im not pouring chicken fat into my gastank or killing a turkey to run my car. so I am boycotting putting animal fat into my tank.

I'm also cycling everywhere I can, and carpooling (if I have to go really far distances).

But that means you are still going to use oil for carpooling?

Darn, I don't know how to cycle!

veganism to me is all about trying to reduce animal suffering. theres no possible way I can cycle from PA all the way to hoboken, nj. my body physically wouldnt have it. so unless someone can come up with an alternate source of energy/mode of transportation, for very long distances, I will share a ride with someone. this will cut down on oil and gas, as I will not be driving my own vehicle.

I'm also cycling everywhere I can, and carpooling (if I have to go really far distances).

But that means you are still going to use oil for carpooling?

Darn, I don't know how to cycle!

veganism to me is all about trying to reduce animal suffering. theres no possible way I can cycle from PA all the way to hoboken, nj. my body physically wouldnt have it. so unless someone can come up with an alternate source of energy/mode of transportation, for very long distances, I will share a ride with someone. this will cut down on oil and gas, as I will not be driving my own vehicle.

I was going to say the same thing, but I wasn't sure if you were not going to use animal products whatsoever.