Hello, franch and vegetarian since 2 years....

cfacile

Hi, I am végétarian since 2 years and I would like to became végétalien.

I wand to recover at sport (ander I do lot off cardio training and smal musculation)

I buy a musculation bench since 2 months...

I would like to speak with you for speak your language and for take your advice to do musculation...

good nigth!

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of information about vegan athletics here.

I don't know if we have many members from France. I've been there, but don't really speak any French.

Thanks for finding us and come by anytime to read the forum or to ask questions. We have a pretty awesome group of people here.

All the best and welcome board!

In your country it's easy to be vgan?

In France it's difficult. There ara 1% of the population végétarian and very very verylittle vegetalien and vegan.

It's difficult because my boyfriend eat met and my father is a butcher!

I'm lucky because I work for "Biocoop" a group of organic shops. I'm vegetable saler's

For became than you, in first loose weight or do musculation?

I measure 1,63 m for 70 kg.... I am a work!

In your country it's easy to be vgan?

In France it's difficult. There ara 1% of the population végétarian and very very verylittle vegetalien and vegan.

It's difficult because my boyfriend eat met and my father is a butcher!

I'm lucky because I work for "Biocoop" a group of organic shops. I'm vegetable saler's

For became than you, in first loose weight or do musculation?

I measure 1,63 m for 70 kg.... I am a work!

Hello again,

I think that it is pretty easy to be vegan & very easy to be vegetarian here in the US. Some places it is more common & more convenient than others of course. I live in Portland, Oregon which is rated as the #1 Vegan city in North America. Cascadia, the surrounding bioregion (which includes Oregon, Washington, British Columbia in Canada & other nearby areas) is possibly the most vegan friendly region in the world. We have tons of co-op's and natural/organic food stores.

From what I hear, France has a lot of great produce plus many immigrant communities where you can find vegan-friendly "ethnic" foods - combine that with whats available where you work & I'm sure that you'll do well!

In france I found : tofu, seitan, ...

There is not much variety of product vegan, and is dificult beaucause lot of food contain eggs, milk and different adds.

My familly is hungry beaucause I choose this live style.

It is only very recently, in the past few years, that so many vegan options have become so widely available here in the US.

People around the world easily, happily & healthfully eat great vegan food with only using whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, grains, beans, legumes, etc. Many do so entirely by their own choice. Prepared vegan foods & going out to eat are a nice convenience but are far from essential.

That said, I'm sure that if you search around you will be able to find more options than you might think are available. Are you in touch with other vegans in France?

Here's a link to a Veg group in France: http://www.allianceveg.org - their website seems to have tons of information. Also, have you seen this? http://happycow.net/europe/france/index.html

With your location in north-west France you are very close to the United Kingdom - they are supposed to be an extremely vegan friendly country. A visit there could be a great option for stocking up on vegan foods that are hard to find in France, going out to eat, etc: http://www.happycow.net/europe/england/southwest_england/index.html

Best wishes!

Salut,

J'ai une amie qui vivait à Toulouse. Elle est végétalienne. Je sais qu'il y a un groupe là-bas qu'elle a trouvé.

J'habite à Montréal et c'est un peu comme la France. Je veux dire que il y a pas beaucoup de connaissance de la souffrance des animaux et les végétaliens sont considérés bizarres.

L'anglais est ma langue maternelle, mais si tu veux me poser des questions je peux essayer de t'aider. Je suis végétalien depuis 4 ans.

Je suis aussi athlète (Maintenant je commence à étudier le savate).

Bonne chance. Tu peux le faire.

(Mon nom "tigars" est une contraction de "petit gars". C'est le nom d'un chat duquel je me suis occupé.)

Tanks for the weeb sites!

I go regulary in the "Aliance végératienne" weeb site.

I contact an vegetalien group in Bretagne.

Merci Tigars de bien vouloir répondre à mes question. Je suis contente de trouver une personne qui parle français car je de suis pas tres expérimenté en langues et des fois c'est difficile de trouver la traduction des mots spécifiques.

Je commence mon régime pour perdre du poids demain, je vais aussi terminer mes produits qui contiennent du fromage (crousti soy au comté et au chèvre). J'ai déjà éliminer les oeufs et le lait de mon alimentation. Je neconsomme plus que du fromage et j'ai décider de suivre votre chemain: devenir végétalienne puis j'espère végan à terme.

Merci à tous de vos conseil, c'est apréciable de se sentir soutenue car ici on me prend vraiment pour une folle inconciente!

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour cfacile,

Je connais ton sentiment. On m'a à maintes reprises pris pour un inconscient quand je racontais à certaines personnes que je suis végétalien, et il est vrai que certains avis mesquins de proches sont difficiles à accepter au début, mais maintenant je n'y prête plus trop attention. A vrai dire, on s'y habitue, et je suis convaincu que la même chose se produira chez toi avec le temps.

En Belgique, on dispose d'une chaine de magasins assez connue, vendant uniquement des produits naturels de qualité biologique, portant le nom de "Bio Shop". Je suis sûr qu'il existe de tels magasins dans ton pays.

Petite précision: "végétalien" en anglais se dit "vegan". Il n'existe donc pas d'autre terme transitoire (à part le vivisme, qui est une étape encore plus avancée, mais c'est une autre histoire).

Désolé si mon français ne ressemble à rien.

(Amai, mijn Frans trekt op kaalgeschoren kloten.)