Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:26 am 
Manatee

Another 3 miles today, still haven't been timing it.

That 7 mile day was a result of finding a walking partner. I had already walked 2 miles earlier that day... then asked this vegetarian girl that always gets this giddy smile on her face every time our eyes meet if she wanted to go for a "stroll". We're both so competitive and stubborn that it was 5 miles later before we finally decided to call it quits.

Yesterday I managed to prove that I have the energy to run, but not the lung capacity. I ran about a quarter of a mile out of the 3 miles I travelled yesterday... and was extremely winded. If I wasn't so competitive, I might have paced myself and done alright...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:43 am 
Manatee

Way to go!! Plus a new friend for motivation :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:33 am 
Manatee

5 miles today... 1 before class and 4 after dinner (that was the nearest credit union... so no getting out of that one).

And obviously I never hit submit, because I meant to send this last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:22 pm 
Manatee

Okay... 2 or 3 miles yesterday, between 3.5 and 4 miles the day before that... and I went on a trip into Portland the day before that, but I don't know how far I ended up walking while I was up there.

We'll see what I manage today... it's really cold... and it's got me wishing I was gaining weight. :shock: I need the blubber to keep me warm... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:50 pm 
Elephant

great! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 pm 
Manatee

6 miles yesterday... broken up into three 2-mile sessions... in 3-5 inches of snow. I need better winter clothing... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:08 pm 
Manatee

Another 4.5 or so miles today... kinda dangerous with the roads as slick as they are. People don't know how to drive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:40 pm 
Gorilla

Take care out there! We got a big dump of snow here, and it always seems like people forget how to drive for the first few days in the snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:13 am 
Manatee

People here never know how to drive in the snow because we don't get enough for them to learn. I saw one guy spin his truck almost all the way around... :shock:

Anyways... I got 5 miles in today. One 2 mile session to go get some Soy Delicious from the store... and then another 3 miles after I ate it to walk it off. :D Okay... so I shared with 4 other people (the joys of living in the dorms)... but it sounded like a good excuse for getting a few more miles in. I wonder how many people knew they were eating a vegan treat? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:15 pm 
Manatee

Taking it easy for today at least. I'm a little feverish... whatever bug is going around in the dorms... but I have a strong immune system and I don't expect it to get any worse or last for much longer. I'm just letting my body rest and do what it has to do (forcing it out into the cold time and time again problem didn't help the situation). I hope to be back out again either tomorrow or Sunday (although, finals week is next week... so being sick probably isn't going to help the studying any).

"See you" soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 pm 
Manatee

I slept off my fever... and while I'm still not at 100%, I still managed to get 2 miles in today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling even better... I want to get in at least 4 miles tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:10 am 
Elephant

hope you'll be at 100% soon, keep it up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 pm 
Manatee

Okay... so I did 4.5 miles yesterday. Saturday morning I felt great... but now I'm back down another notch or two. I have a hard time just letting myself rest...

And the cold weather has been hell on my skin... especially my lips... they're chapped and sore. I usually just drink lots of water and that does the trick... but they're really bad and it's cold so I haven't been motivated to drink much (and what I do drink isn't enough). Unfortunately, there aren't any health/whole food stores in the area... there's only Safeway. Any ideas about vegan chapstick/lip balm they might carry?

It's going to look pretty dumb buying one stick of chapstick on a credit card... but I'm down to quarters and dimes. Financial aid check in a week and half though (yay for loans!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:26 am 
Manatee

Still not at 100%... but my need for lip balm and a trip to the credit union sent me on a 4 mile walk.

Looks like I did good by the Neosporin Lip Treatment that I bought... and I would hope so... it cost $3 more than the not-so-vegan varieties. I even "wikipediaed" the ingredients when I got back to make sure none of them came from animals... and it appears that I could suck off an oil rig and then chase that with some cocoa butter and cottonseed oil and have the desired effect. Oh well... you pick your battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:30 am 
Manatee

SiNa94 wrote:
Financial aid check in a week and half though (yay for loans!).

Yes indeed! Student Loans are the bomb - until you have to pay them back :)

Keep up the good work with your walks! I'm rootin' for ya

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next