Jacked Arms!

robert

Today I had a pretty amazing arm workout with Shawn, the 18 year old I've been training with for the past 7 weeks or so....during that time he has put on 8 pounds and has increased strength significantly.

Anyway, I'm one of those guys who blows up at the gym. By that I mean....if I were to cover my head and walk in the gym so nobody could see my face, just my physique, and then 30 minutes into the workout, they could see my physique again, they would have no idea it was the same person they saw initially. I know some of you have this reponse as well. My body responds extremely well in the gym and my muscles pump out quite a bit, it looks like I put on about 20 pounds during my workout.

So we were hitting arms today and lots of veins were popping out and I was pushing it really hard. I was standing under some lights while Shawn was doing a set of standing cable bicep curls. When we was done he looked over and said, "You look like a ninja turtle action figure" ....referring to the Teeenage Mutant Ninja Turtle plastic toys that have freakish muscles.

A few weeks ago while I was doing shrugs he said, "You have cartoon character arms."

Both were very nice compliments and made me work even harder. I know it doesn't look like it in most my photos, and I am aware that I am not that big in the first place, but I found a few that are somewhat like ninja turtle arms......and for sure I'm going to get some taken in the gym soon, during a training session because it is really cool to see how the muscles blow up and get swol.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/pre/pre10.jpg

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Rob-2004/robhome1.jpg

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc27.jpg

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/RobertCheekeCollection/rc30.jpg

Ok, you get the idea.

Anyway, it was a really great workout tonight and my arms had an awesome pump feeling, they could barely move. And I also love to see veins popping out and I shall get some "training" photos soon

I get physically pumped up at the gym too. Because I still have quite a lot of podge (fat) on me, veins aren't visible that much, only on my neck, bicep, forearms and hands. But one time I did big chest work-out which went on for ages, and when I got changed afterwards I had veins on my freaking chest, which had never happened before, or since.

Hey Richard, thanks for the special effects

Topher, my chest also blows up. Sometimes (frequently because I'm silly), I'll ask some of my buddies in the gym if they need any kind of table or shelf to put house plants on, or something like that. Because my chest will stick out so far that it almost makes me laugh, and sometimes does make me laugh because it really could be used as so sort of shelving system.

Thanks to the rest of you for the comments. I'll get a good "during training" photo soon because I get blown up quite a bit....but as Topher said, it shrinks back down within an hour or the next day

TTFH

Dang man, I wouldn't be surprised. You are so vascular. I like that pic with the saber, hilarious hehe.

Man, we all need to work out together some time....I wanna see you "jacked up" because your arms are already cut and huge as it is, but when you work out....*Kollision runs for the hills

Man, we all need to work out together some time....I wanna see you "jacked up" because your arms are already cut and huge as it is, but when you work out....*Kollision runs for the hills

I love that comment. It made me smile, big grin on my face. The day that you run for the hills from seeing me train, is the day I know I made it in vegan bodybuilding! You're a huge dude, much respect to you. Thanks for applauding my much smaller physique.

About the veins....in the photo with the lightning, Richard added some

But in the othe photos, they are all mine. I have that funny pattern in my forearm.

I like veins.

Yeah, about training.......I really hope a bunch of us get together for the Vegan Fitness Team Vacation in 2006 and train TOGETHER!

Thanks for the props bro, you the man!

I love that comment. It made me smile, big grin on my face. The day that you run for the hills from seeing me train, is the day I know I made it in vegan bodybuilding! You're a huge dude, much respect to you. Thanks for applauding my much smaller physique.

About the veins....in the photo with the lightning, Richard added some

But in the othe photos, they are all mine. I have that funny pattern in my forearm.

I like veins.

Yeah, about training.......I really hope a bunch of us get together for the Vegan Fitness Team Vacation in 2006 and train TOGETHER!

Thanks for the props bro, you the man!

Hey there Rob. It's been a long time since I've seen veins (because of my bulking) and even when I was cut I barely had any vascularity. I like the vein that stretches from your delts through your biceps. One thing that freaks me out though is like if you were to get cut on that, wouldn't there be like major bleeding?

But ya man, you got any pics of you in the gym jacked already bro?

I imagine you would bleed pretty bad from a big bodybuilder vein like the bicep. I think it's fun to look at the veins, and when you contract the muscle, the vein sort of curls up like a worm. It's freaky. You can poke it and it moves from side to side.

One of the reasons I personally am glad that i do not have veins. Im scared of all the injuries that can possibly happen if you hit a vein.

• 7 years later...