What is your favourite choc soy milk brand?

compassionategirl

hands down my vote goes to Chocolate silk. THis product is actually comparable to, and BETTER THAN, regular cow's milk chocolate milk, so any meat eater or vegetarian reading this, TRY this brand and it will

BLOW YOU AWAY because it is that good. It is better than the cow's milk chocolate milk we used to all drink.

And also, to all you vegans, which brand of choc soy milk do you like the best? I have tried So Good, SOY Nice and by far the Silk blows these other ones out of the water.

Yesterday I drank a whole 2 litre carton in one day!!!

Also, which you guys prefer, Nayonaise or Veganaise?

Sorry, I'm not a huge help...rarely drink soy milk...when I buy it, I usually buy Silk (the other two brands mentioned, I've never seen) and I buy Plain - not vanilla or chocolate. Basically, I buy soymilk for cooking so I don't want any flavor other than what I am making. Also, don't like mayonaise so I don't buy any substitute for it. Guess that makes me rather bland.

Also, don't like mayonaise so I don't buy any substitute for it.

I *always* hated mayo, it's some of the nastiest stuff on the planet, but I put Nayonaise on a lot of my sandwiches.

I think the only chocolate soymilk I've ever bought was Silk, and that was only for making protein shakes. I was once a huge fan of milk, but since I've been vegetarian/vegan I only use it for cooking and putting on my breakfast cereal. Mostly the latter. Silk is the best I've had. (They make an awesome eggless nog during the Christmas season.) I'm also glad that soymilk is finally reasonably priced; back when I started this diet/lifestyle a liter of Edensoy cost about the same as a half-gallon of dairy milk.

I'm also glad that soymilk is finally reasonably priced; back when I started this diet/lifestyle a liter of Edensoy cost about the same as a half-gallon of dairy milk.

I cannot wait to try the eggless egg nog - if the chocolate silk is any indication it will be absolutely delicious.

DOnt you like drinking the choc silk any more Dan?

P.S. You and I are opposites on the mayo. I LOVED mayo - even on fries!!!

Soy Dream and Silk are my favorites but there are quite a few brands that are pretty good.

I've also been drinking almond milk lately and some rice milk as well.

I didn't even much breakfast cereal at all over the past 2 years but now I have 7 boxes in my apartment and I've been eating 3 bowls or more a day.

Almond milk is pretty good and it's not even that expensive where I get it. 32oz for about $2.

It only has a couple of grams of protein per serving, like 2 or 3, and most soymilk I use has 7 or 8 grams of protein per serving.

But it is a nice change if you want to try it out.

Almond butter and soy nut butter are both pretty good especially if you get tired of peanut butter.

Keep on rockin!

My vote goes to 8th Continent for chocolate. Trader Joe's makes their own soy milk too, and it's good - very inexpensive.

Silk makes (eggless) eggnog that is DELICIOUS. I can't wait till it's in stores again in the winter.

Some of the brands mentioned I've never even heard of - but I know there are tons I haven't tried, the New Seasons Market in my hometown has an entire wall of soy/rice/almond/whatever else there is milks with tons I haven't tried yet. It's really quite an impressive selection.

8th continent isn't vegan.

My daughter likes chocolate sun soy (made by the same company as silk - she doesn't much like silk). I drink both sun soy and silk they taste the same to me.

Vegenaise is awesome. I never like mayo either- nayonaise reminds me of mayo:P yelck BUT I could sit down with a jar of vegenaise and a spoon. When I first started eating vegenaise I had NO idea what to do with it. I was running around like what can I put this yummy stuff on.. I didn't care.

8th continent isn't vegan.

it used to have Vitamin D3 (sheep sweat). after numerous emails and complaints from vegans, they now put regular vitamin D in the soymilk and not sheep sweat.

I checked recently and all the 8th continent chocolate soymilks I could find said vitamin D on it, in place of the usual vitamin D3. I havent checked the original or vanilla flavors, so Im not sure about those but imagine they are now vegan as well.

Edited by V VII Hero