SiNa's Contest 2007 Log

SiNa94

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... so I did 4.5 miles yesterday. Saturday morning I felt great... but now I'm back down another notch or two. I have a hard time just letting myself rest...

And the cold weather has been hell on my skin... especially my lips... they're chapped and sore. I usually just drink lots of water and that does the trick... but they're really bad and it's cold so I haven't been motivated to drink much (and what I do drink isn't enough). Unfortunately, there aren't any health/whole food stores in the area... there's only Safeway. Any ideas about vegan chapstick/lip balm they might carry?

It's going to look pretty dumb buying one stick of chapstick on a credit card... but I'm down to quarters and dimes. Financial aid check in a week and half though (yay for loans!).

Still not at 100%... but my need for lip balm and a trip to the credit union sent me on a 4 mile walk.

Looks like I did good by the Neosporin Lip Treatment that I bought... and I would hope so... it cost $3 more than the not-so-vegan varieties. I even "wikipediaed" the ingredients when I got back to make sure none of them came from animals... and it appears that I could suck off an oil rig and then chase that with some cocoa butter and cottonseed oil and have the desired effect. Oh well... you pick your battles.

Financial aid check in a week and half though (yay for loans!).

Yes indeed! Student Loans are the bomb - until you have to pay them back

Yeah... won't be as bad for me as it will be for others though. I recieved an $8,000/yr merit scholarship on top of a few other little things... so my loans will only be about $26,000 by the time I finish. Considering the fact that it's a private university and costs in the neighborhood of $30,000 a year, I'm not complaining. But yeah, still won't be fun to pay all of that back.

Oh... and I walk about 2.5 miles today or so. I think I've been walking and not posting...

Wow! Now that was a nice walk.

6.5 miles, uninterrrupted, with a nice sunny blue sky. I finally got around to mapping a route that was longer than 6 miles. Legs were a little fatigued after this one, so I'll stick to this one for a while to build up some more leg strength.

Got in 4.5 miles yesterday too...

I hope I can walk tomorrow... I can already tell that my legs hate me.

I took the same 6.5 mile route that I took yesterday... but when I got back to campus I ran into some friends that drug me on a walk that worked out to be about 2 miles. So... covering almost 20 miles in the past three days doesn't make my legs very happy... but, then again, I guess I at least know that there's still muscle in there somewhere. I'll probably only get about 4 miles in tomorrow anyway, so a little extra today doesn't hurt.

And they were doing construction on one of the roads I walk on today... nothing drives me crazier than having to dodge dump trucks.

Okay... so I haven't been posting... but I got new thermals on Saturday and did 4.7 miles late that night to test them out. Then yesterday I did another 6.5 miles. There likely won't be any walking tonight... though my first jazz dance class is tonight. I don't dance... and I have no idea what to expect from a class titled "jazz dance".

Hasta luego, mis amigos!

I actually did walk after class because I needed to do some kind of movement that felt natural. That class must've killed my thighs moreso than I'd thought... I did 4.7 miles and my thighs were killing me and my calves weren't doing so hot either.

At least that class is only once a week... I could drop it if I were feeling really desparate.

I actually did walk after class because I needed to do some kind of movement that felt natural. That class must've killed my thighs moreso than I'd thought... I did 4.7 miles and my thighs were killing me and my calves weren't doing so hot either.

At least that class is only once a week... I could drop it if I were feeling really desparate.

Are you stretching on a regular basis? It helps me a lot to stretch ....

Jazz dance again today... which kills my thighs.

I might get something out of it... other than a dose of humility.

But, in other news, I also walked another 4.7 miles today. I need to get a light for when I'm walking at night... especially so I can walk some of the paths that I do during the day that don't have the best lighting.

Jazz dance again today... which kills my thighs.

I might get something out of it... other than a dose of humility.

But, in other news, I also walked another 4.7 miles today. I need to get a light for when I'm walking at night... especially so I can walk some of the paths that I do during the day that don't have the best lighting.

You are very brave to be walking at night!

You are very brave to be walking at night!

It's a small town... and I feel relatively safe. And besides... I figure that if anyone attacks me, I can just bludgeon them to death with my water bottle.

I like walking at night though... gives me a chance to star gaze.

So... although I haven't been posting... I have been walking just about every day. About 6.7 miles today, only about 2 yesterday I think, and 4.7 on Monday. Don't remember any of the rest of the days... but I'm sure I did something... however insignificant.