The crazy Pennsylvanian's story:

1/8

I worked today and have work tomorrow morning, so I'm going to be very tired and/or angry.

They know I live about 50 minutes away, and yet they schedule me to work until 8:30 one night and then 6:30 the next morning, not people who live 5 minutes away, but me. Do these people sit in the office and laugh their asses off as they sit there and put me on these ridiculous hours?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/11

Didn't go to the gym today, but managed to play some DDR, so my legs are hurting a bit. I ate a lot of stuff, and have enough to make guacamole tomorrow to go with some tortillas I got, and plenty of black bean burritos and a nice chest workout is in order for tomorrow.

1/13

I had a really aggarvating day today at work, and I realized today that no matter how much I take care of my body, the anger that I experience is ruining my skin and my physical appearance, it's getting me even more worked up, oy.

Yes, I've realized the same about my job! In addition to the extreme stress and mistreatment, I don't take care of myself while at work. I drink coffee all day and get dehydrated. My skin gets dried out and grey looking while at work. I hate going to sleep at night because I have to get up for work the next day. Then I don't get enough sleep and don't have time to make a good lunch before work and end up eating at Taco Bell. Even after a three day weekend I start looking and feeling better. I drink less coffee and less alcohol. I eat tons more fruits, raw veggies and cooked veggies. I feel good and am not stressed. Then it's back to the same old crap!

Want to run away and live in the woods together? My friend Tapapunja in West Virgnia runs SANTEE Farm, 6.5 acres of organic veggies! We could live on the edge of the farm and well, we would be farmers. It would be a great place to be a rawish vegan for the summer. Ah to dream, but we're seriously considering it!

http://www.farmeducation.org/images/terrysheldon.jpg

I thought about something like that, as much as I love plants, I've never actually learned all that much about farming. I considered cleansing my body for a while and then living on the land, probably eating leaves and stuff, but this sounds a little more stable.

My day after work today took another turn down. I decided to go to the mall tonight to see if I knew anybody, and looked to play a few games of DDR, and that was the only real reason I went. The machine was broken...I was aggarvated. I walked into GNC to look at stuff and talked to the girl behind the desk though for a little while. She was cute and ate...minor amounts of animal products, but she was still good looking in my opinion.

She worked at a GNC and we chatted nutrition for a while. The skin on her face definitley had that look of radiance, and she said that she only ate chicken a couple of times a week, and had little bits of dairy, but that was just a couple minute conversation (I found it annoying that the other person working there too was like behind the counter standing there the whole time).

I *HATE* being called Mr. Ed too, you have no idea about how much I've heard that stupid theme song because of my first name.

Interestingly though, I overheard (well, it's not like she was whispering, she was talking pretty loudly to her co-worker), that they were talking about the stupid things that they used to be made fun of as kids. I could have said "Mr. Ed, and that everyone wants to know if I can do bricklaying because my last name is Mason", then she would have known my name, that would have been ultra sneaky.

I *HATE* being called Mr. Ed too, you have no idea about how much I've heard that stupid theme song because of my first name.

Dolt! If it's any consolation, my friend Troy is absolutely obsessed with 60's tv sitcoms. He loves Mr. Ed and used to send me video tapes of old tv shows in the mail when were teenagers. I was depressed a lot then and he was trying to cheer me up. He once made a video for George Michael's "I Want Your Sex", made up completely of clips from Mr. Ed. He had the timing completely right with the beat of the song and it was hilarious. So, for me at least Mr. Ed is not a bad thing.

Peace!

1/16

Note to self: 5 day stretches of work, 3 days off, then another 5 day stretch suck.

The bank was closed yesterday for Dr. King day, so I couldn't cash my check either, so I was pretty annoyed about that. I plan on lifting today before work, or at least just eating like a pig, one of the two, maybe both, but I can smell the burritos already with more homemade guacamole.

So I didn't work out today, because I had a lot of stuff to do, but I might do some stuff later (bodyweight stuff) for a little while.

I felt my blood boiling today in the store as my ability to make burritos has been shot down again. The brand I bought no longer has vegan shells, and the whole wheat ones I got now have fish oil, I almost screamed at the top of my lungs when I read this on the ingredients list.

I'm going to workout later today, probably at my house. I haven't been doing enough lately, and I've been drinking too many damn green smoothies, so I'm probably never going to be ever able to gain a pound.

I put some tofu in my BBQ sauce and I'm probably going to put it on the recipes section as soon as I figure out how it's going to be cooked.

1/22

Wow, 5 days since my last post.

I went to the gym Saturday & Sunday and ate 7 burritos this weekend, along with all other types of good food, and went to work tonight. I'm noticing that I'm getting bigger, which makes me very happy, and there's a chance I'm not really going anywhere tomorrow because of all this snow. Ugh.

Congrats on the 7 burritos.

It's snowing here too, but lightly. I don't think we've gotten more than an inch and it's been snowing for days. It's supposed to snow every day this week too.

You'd think we'd need to call the plumber after 7 burritos, but apparently nothing was wrong with the plumbing.

1/23

Didn't go to the gym, but I'm fired up and I'm going to do lots of bodyweight exercises around the house. I've just been relaxing, but I haven't really done much, and I feel this need to be productive, but not going to work, something productive for my own benefit.