New year, new log

Well i've been extremely lazy lately and finally got back to lifting today. In my defense i had to work over break, and i had a nasty nasty cough.

My goal is to cut major fat and still retain large muscles and big strength. I doubt my gains will be anywhere near as big as they were last year but i really don't care. I'm also conditioning myself for muay thai this summer. Tony Jaa has inspired me(along with ESPN muay thai fights).

This is from saturday------

Bench

1x8@135

1x8@145

1x7@155

Startin low guys don't make fun of me. Laughing

Deadlift(KG)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Seated rows(strict)

1x8@100

1x8@110

1x8@120

1x8@130

Side rows

3x8@50

Triceps Cable pull downs

1x12@30

1x12@40

1x12@50

Curls

3x8@25

Side Bends

1x8@45

1x8@50

Reverse Triceps pull downs

3x8@30

Tommorow is squats and tons of ab work. I'll probably do shadow boxing in my dorm room on days i can't make it to the gym for a full hour but have 20-30 minutes or so of spare time. Wish i had a bag here at school.

I got wayyyyy too drunk saturday and was quite hungover on sunday.

So now for my dieting/lifting rules.

NO midnight snacks(no more 5 burritos at midnight )

Don't overeat!!!!(not too hard to do, but still gotta watch it)

Eat more fruits and greens and less high gluten grains(cereals and brown rices etc. are still game)

No more vegan chocolate/cookie binges!!!!!

No more than 4 drinks at a time(srsly, hangovers do not help recovery time)

No belts unless maxing out

And now for my leg session

Squats/good mornings

1x8@185(warm up)

1x8@135(GM)

1x5@195

1x8@135(GM)

1x5@205

1x8@135(GM)

felt good gonna start at 2 plates after a 205lb warm up. GMs inbetween felt really nice on the back. I had some kick ass form on these squats too. Thank you disco-weightlifting mirrors.

Shrugs

2x10@225(easy)

2x8@275

Apparently i didn't lose much strength here over break. Good deal.

Lunges

2x8@45 per hand(god damn my legs were tight

Leg curls

1x8@130

1x12@100

My legs felt like spaghetti, so now i'm gonna change, eat and shower, maybe head over to pep band a tad late!!!(or not, i'm a sub anyway)

It's hard staying away from high gluten stuff cause i love pasta. Basically instead of eating pasta, i have a big plate of veggies or some Hummus and pita(not whole grain, but i eat far less of it because the hummus fills me up).

Kinda wish i would've lifted over break. I just didn't feel very motivated for many reasons. Work, being dumped for Jesus, etc.

get some soy pasta. Its no gluten, recommended for diabetics, low carb, all that stuff. I got a box off amazon.com that was like 20 boxes of the stuff (like youd get at the store) for less than a dollar a box.

also about the laughing, if someone laughs they're a jerk. Honestly we all had to start somewhere.

Chest and back today. Was pretty tired thanks to that insane leg workout i did.

Bench press

1x6@155

1x6@165

1x6@170

1x2@185

I was really tired on that last set. Way too tired. Gotta get my endurance back up. I'll probably stick to this ladder until i can get 1x6@185 with ease.

Curls

3x8@25

1x8@30

Side Rows

1x8@60

2x8@65

Triceps cable pull down

1x12@90

3x8@100

Now i need to fold 4 loads of laundry and eat. And i'm buying tonight. A gift from me to my friends. I've decided to not drink at all because it's a waste of calories. I've also decided that on weekends i'm getting up early and doing some sit ups/planks and other ab work before i go lift. Sundays i'll probably do some cardio early cause the weight room doesn't even open till 4. This is shaping up to be a very solid and low injury risk lifting program. I like it.

Had to wait to do legs until today thanks to some hung over jockstrap frat boy who decided to not show up to work on Sunday. Grrrr

Squats/Good Mornings

1x6@205

1x8@135(GMs)

1x5@215

1x8@135(GMs)

1x5@225

1x8@135(GMs)

Felt great but i was getting tired fast thanks to a shit nights sleep. I was staying up late talking to that girl from Northwestern who i rave about constantly.

Ab Cable Pull Downs

3x12@80

God damn these are hard

Lunges

1x6@40(sooo fucking heavy)

1x8@35(better but wow)

I think i may warm up with lighter lunges instead of going right into squats.

Leg extensions

2x8@110

I tried doing Negative Incline Sit Ups(from that ab article that someone posted, sorry for forgetting your name ) but i strained my calf cause I'm a big goof.

Probably will do some planks and crunches in a bit once i get some water. Back in the dorm room of course.

My new way to do lifts is wayyyyy slow compared to how i used to. It really helps me stabilize my lifts and really helps with form so far. Also i definitely feel like I've worked my muscles way harder.

I have yet to find a definite time for cardio but Wednesday might be it. We'll see.

Great workout today.

Deadlifts

[email protected]

[email protected]

No belt baby!!

SLDL

[email protected]

Gonna go bigger on the DLs next week.

Bench

1x8@155

1x6@165

1x6@170

Felt really good. I'm takin bench way slower this time around. My form is going to be impeccable.

Seated row

1x8@130

1x8@140

Shrugs

1x8@225

2x5@315

1x8@225

Curls

2x8@35

2x8@25

Triceps rope-attachment pull downs

1x12@100

1x12@110

1x8@110

Side Rows

3x8@60

I like doing the side rows last because i feel it more in my shoulders than if i do it before curls.

Just had a big ol protein shake with vega, a crap ton of spinach, rice milk and strawberries and banana. Yummy.

My new routine started today.

Woke up and did some HIIT training at 730. Only did 4 minutes, i'm adding an extra sprint on every time. I'm doing it on a bike and might switch to an elliptical machine for a tougher workout. I then rode at a pretty good pace for another 25 minutes.

Deadlifts

[email protected]

[email protected]

Pretty rough with no belt. I think i need to stick around this weight before i get heavier or i'm going to hurt myself.

Bench

1x5@165

1x5@170

1x5@185

1x5@170

Bench felt good.

I was really super hungry at this point so i'll have to do some rows, curls and triceps either tomorrow or friday double time if i'm too sore. Still trying to figure this one out. I may just do some curls/rows/triceps early in the day after i bike.

Almost didn't lift but i'm glad i did.

Squats

1x5@205

1x5@210

1x5@215

1x3@225

I didn't feel very comfortable with the last set at all. Gonna start at that same weight next time see if i can get 225 out 5 times.

Good Mornings

1x12@135

Lower back was pretty stiff from yesterdays deadlifts so i layed off that.

Seated Cable Row

2x8@140

Triceps cable pull downs

3x8@110

Easy.

Curls

3x8@30

Also easy. Nice and slow too. Probably will up the reps next time.

Abdominal cable pull downs

3x15@70

Felt awesome.

I've decided saturday is going to be my legs day and sunday is going to be all about abs.

Well my routine got a little weird thanks to a 250 lb shit faced irish man(i carried my drunk friend back to his apartment and his drunken stumble yanked my back weird) and about a foot of snow and 40mph winds.

So i got back on it today.

Squats(no belt)

1x6@185

1x5@205

1x5@225

Felt really good.

Good Mornings

2x12@135

Abdominal Cable Pull downs

3x20@70

Side Bends

1x12@40lbs dumbell