Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 1/11/07
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:20 am 
Elephant

Quote:
At least I didn't mix a fat with it, not even when my hubby asked if I wanted peanut butter on my grahams! :lol:

Aren't men evil when they know you are training?! I get the most "looks" you know they eyebrow raise I'm not going to say anything (because they already are with their face) looks when I grab something I shouldn't :lol: Sarcasm is just an added bonus :D

Quote:
-3 supersetted pairs--2 for chest, 1 for bi's

I love, love love supersets!

Quote:
- Either way, sounds like some cheating waiting to happen, doesn't it? On the diet, not the husband, that is. . . :wink:

phew, he'll be relieved! :wink:

Post subject: 1.13.07
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 pm 
Rabbit

Today is a non-training day. I met some friends at the soccer fields near my house at 8a, and we did some sprints and other drills for around 40-45 minutes and talked "shop" about competition stuff. Very therapeutic!

I'm actually not following a very structured diet today. Just making sure I only have one starch (check!), tons of veggies, and plenty of protein. My appetite is quite low today. I'm going to take advantage of it and use the evening to "go within" and eval my commitment to competing. Kind of in a funk. :cry: I was supposed to go to a birthday party with my husband in his hometown (rural Georgia). The particular group of people that will be there is very tough for me to take: racist, at times ignorant, and generally a bit younger than I am. Yep--drunk rednecks. I decided I couldn't handle it tonight and passed for some "me time". At the very least, I didn't want to have to explain my not-drinking, and my eating. Who in that crowd is going to get vegan AND competition eating? :roll: I'm going to hang with my terriers. They get me, and they love me not matter what. Can't beat that! :D

Post subject: 1.14.07
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:16 pm 
Rabbit

Today is a training day. Here's how it's gone so far:
9a whole grain waffles, smoothie with pp and berries
12:30 pp drink, Luna bar
Trained Back and Hams:
-3 supersetted pairs--first ex. 5x12/single joint, second ex. 5x8/multijoint, 60 sec rest
-2 pairs for back, 1 for hams
2:00p pp drink, rice cakes
[It's now 2:15p]
-Putting together my PiYo class for tomorrow. If I have anything left, I'll do cardio. Still in a big ole funk. :cry: Might use some time today to plan out the next 12 weeks until show to rev me back up a little. Will def use some time to plan a couple more days of meals.

Post subject: 1.15.07
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:57 pm 
Rabbit

Today was a training day.
8a oats, pp + berry smoothie w/ supergreens added
10a pp pudding + apple
11:30 Taught TurboKick
12:30 Did cardio--30 min. of intervals on stepper
2p Little leftover pp pudding, big salad of spinach, mushrooms, tofu w/ bals. vin
4p Taught PiYo
5:30p Trained shoulders and tri's:
-3 supersetted pairs--2 for shoulders (1 for delts, 1 for traps), 1 for tri's
-First ex. for pre fatigue, 5x12
-Second ex. 5x8 (exception: Tricep supersets were 5x10 both ex's)
Went much heavier on all again today. I am Xena Warrior Princess. :D
7/7:30p Ate leftovers from date w/hubby last night, which is why for a training day, my chow was low in fat and starches--to make up for the less than optimal food at dinner.

On our date, I reevaluated whether or not to do a show. Last night it was "no, wait until Fall", but this morning it was "go for it, and just postpone showing if I'm not ready". So that's what I'm doing. I need to do 2 diet cycles before Fall anyhow, so here's my motivation for #1.

Post subject: 1.16.07
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:29 pm 
Rabbit

Today was non-training.
6a 1/2 grapefruit, pp drink
8:30/9 oats + pp smoothie with berries
11:30 Taught TurboKick
?? Salad of mixed greens, shrooms, tofu, bals. vin.
5:00 baby carrots + pp drink
6:00 40 min. cardio intervals on elliptical
[I got so dizzy toward the end and had heart palps :shock: that I found 1/2 Vega in my office and chowed it. :D The transformation back to "normal" was so quick and such a relief, I didn't even feel guilty about the "unauthorized" carbs/cals! :wink: ]
7:30p Veggie puree with tofu cubes

My hip/knee issues are flaring up again. A little concerned about that. :cry:

Post subject: Re: 1.16.07
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:12 pm 
Elephant

hmm1219 wrote:

Hope it's better tomorrow. :(

Post subject: Re: 1.17.07
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:36 pm 
Rabbit

SeaSiren wrote:
hmm1219 wrote:

Hope it's better tomorrow. :(

Thanks, Sea! :D

Today's a training day. (Yes! That = more food! :lol:) And I got to sleep in a little. Not much of a consolation since my hip kept me up a lot. I actually had a dream that I was sobbing about it to my husband. :? Interesting. . .
8a or so: Oats + choc pp drink (hemp and rice)--while cooking a rice/barley blend and baking tofu
10:30: 1/2 of my apple, peanut butter, pp pudding meal
11:30: Taught step and sculpt
12:30: other 1/2 of my meal from 10:30
1:15: Training--Legs, quad emphasis
-same as this whole month w/ supersetted pairs, first ex. for pre-fatigue
-this week is 5x12 on first ex., 5x8 on second. O-U-C-H. :shock:
2:15: rice cakes + pp drink post workout
3:30 (right now, actually): mixed greens with tofu and shrooms, bals. vin. + mashed yams--yummy delish!
4:00: Teach PiYo (how on a full tummy, I do not know--will probably see the yams again during modified swan dive)
5:30: Go to Whole Foods to stock up! (My fave place, I think--LOL)
6:30/7:00: Broccoli w/ "sauce" made from plain Veg Protein Booster and salsa, with black olives and omega oil blend added. I haven't had this meal it a while. Surely this marks the beginning of creative pre-comp meal-concoctions!

Post subject: 1.18.07
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:46 pm 
Rabbit

So, I just got my nutrition program for the next little while and I'm starting a carb rotation. Basically I'll have high, med, and low days--regardless of whether it's a training day or not. It's also: Goodbye carbs, hello protein, as my carb g's are lower than my training days were (even the high days), and my protein g's are quite high. :shock: Time to drop some flubber, apparently! :lol: Also, I am to increase my cardio as well. Oh joy. :roll:

Anyhow, my chow today is a training day like I've been doing just b/c I didn't have time to sit down and map out my meals last night. That will be my homework tonight, or--more likely--Friday. Also time to put together my themewear ("Elvis" this time). 8)

7a oats + pp smoothie with berries
9:30 1/2 my peanut butter, apple, and pp pudding
10:30 other 1/2 of above
11:30 Taught Turbokick (I friggin' LOVE TK!!! :boxer: )
12:30 N-A-S-T-Y Chest and Bi's. I am struggling to type this. . .:
-3 supersetted pairs--2 for chest, 1 for bi's
-5x12 first ex, 5x8 second ex.
-up on all weights--my boobs and biceps are on fire :supz:
1:30 (right now) rice cakes and pp drink
2:30 or so Salad of mixed greens, shrooms, 'fu, bals. vin. + mashed yams
(may split it up and have some of this again around 5p)
6:30'ish Asparagus and shrooms with "cheesy" pp/yeast/salsa sauce, might add a little 'fu if I feel I need after the nasty training session today.

Post subject: 1.19.07
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:54 pm 
Rabbit

6a 1/2 gfruit, choc pp drink
8:30a 1/2 of my oat and some pp drink
10:30a other 1/2 of above
11:00 taught step and sculpt
12:30 Decided I was too exhausted to do my functional/cardio workout, came home to rest, work on new carb rotation, cook. I'll return to the office after traffic dies down (7/8'ish--yes, I have no life) to workout and to work so it's not hanging over me. Weekend packed as it is.
1:30 Salad of mixed greens, 'fu, bl. olives, shrooms, bals. vin.
1:45-3:45 nap
5:00 asparagus/shrooms with protein sauce and 'fu
7/8 Functional drills/plyos with some sprints and jumprope
Snack of carrots and pp drink as last meal whenever I'm hungry for it.

Weird day. . . :?

Post subject: 1.20.07 and 1.21.07
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm 
Rabbit

I keep calling my new diet round "carb rotating" but I'm actually calorie rotating I noticed after sitting down to figure out my meals. I'm now rotating through high, med, and low days wherein my starch grams stay constant, but the non-starchies, protein, and fats go up and down. So far, between correcting my mixing fats and starches, and the new diet, I've lost 5 good pounds since the first of the year. Encouraging. :D

Sat 1/20--a "high" cal day:
8:30 1/2 serv. oats and full berry/greens powder/pp smoothie
9:30 Sprints and stadium stairs workout with friends
10:45 rest of my oats
11:00 Training: Back and hams. "Relief week" after last week: still 3 superset pairs--2 for back, 1 for hams--with the prefatigue method, but only 3x10-12 first ex, 3x6 second ex.
11:30 rice cakes and pp drink
12:30 veggie puree with tofu and barley/rice blend
4'ish: apple, nuts, pp pudding
7'ish: I accidentally missed a meal :shock: , so I really did up my salad with mixed greens, avocado (omg-nirvana!), black olives, mushrooms, and extra tofu.

Sun 1/21:
9:30 oats, berry-pp-greens smoothie
11:00-1:00 volunteered at church with kids. would now kill for glass of wine, but it's SO not on the diet. :wink:
1:30 pp pudding with nut/seed meal and apple
[now about to train--it's 2p.]
Training shoulders--yes! Same workout I've been doing, but with the lighter load (same as yesterday's back/hams above). Also have cardio--intervals, 40 min.
3:30 or so I'll eat rice cakes and pp pudding
Hit Whole Foods for pp travel packets and make tofu jerky for my trip this week.
6'ish Something high in veggies and protein with either fat or very little starch--depends on what my menu says today (a "medium" cal day).
8:30'ish Something mixing low starch veggies and protein, with added fat if I still have some g's to get in.

Post subject: 1.22.07
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:40 am 
Rabbit

Diet woes. No cravings or anything, but figuring out my new cal rotation along with a new post-workout meal scheme on training days caused me to walk away from my computer muttering obscenities. I'll go back to the salt mines and work on it tonight.

6:30a oats and berry-vanilla protein smoothie with greens powder
10:30a apple, pp pudding with added oil and nuts/seeds
11:30 Teach Step and Sculpt
12:30 Cardio--today a Jumprope interval workout
2:00 Mixed greens with tofu and shrooms and bals. vin, mashed yams
4:00 Teach PiYo
5:00 Asparagus and mushrooms, pp pudding
7:30'ish Veggies with cheesy protein sauce
8:00p on Pay 1/4'ly taxes and try not to pull hair out working on diet. Fun! :roll:

Post subject: 1.23.07, 1.24.07
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07 am 
Rabbit

I can't remember what I ate, but I do believe it was a "medium" cal day.
Trained legs, which felt like a breeze after last week--only 3x10, 3x6 supersets. I also skipped calves b/c my plantar fascia was hummin' after the jumprope workout the day before. Ouch. I also taught TurboKick this day too.

Travelled to Boston for Camp Savage this afternoon, so I got up at 4:30a to get in my chest/bi's workout (again, like legs this was a 3x10 first ex, 3x6 second ex. superset day, so I shortened rest period to 45 sec as well as upping the weights), and get a good hard cardio in (hill climb intervals on the TM--no jumping today b/c of my feet and calves still).

Eating was a "do the best I can" thing as I ran around the house packing and cleaning before leaving. At one point I made a smoothie with 50% more pp than my norm and I felt very "weird" and not so good after. Luckily it passed. I noshed on tofu jerky that I made, 1/2 Luna bars here and there, and TONS of water. If I'm not totally constipated after this weekend, I'll be shocked. In any case, a huge salad is in order today!

1.25-1.27
I'll be doing the "do the best you can" thing eating-wise for the next several days. Being a travelling vegan in training is not easy. My nutrition guru will have to cut me some slack. I meet her in person this weekend. If she looks at me and determines April may not happen, it will be all I can do not to head out for beer and french fries. :) I think she knows that, so I don't expect it. Plus, even if I don't show this Spring, I still need to do a true diet cycle, and a big cheat will change my physiology. Luckily, still no big cravings yet.

I have all my Jan training done, so this weekend I'll be relying (as all the fitness campers will) on the workouts at camp, which will be largely functional. If the spirit moves me, I'll go for a walk or run, head to the gym down the road from my sister's place, (a MILLION classes, very tempting!), and maybe do a full body circuit in the hotel gym, but it d/n look like there'll be a ton of time for that. Not stressing a bit. Enjoying my down time.

Post subject: 1.30 and 31.07
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 am 
Rabbit

Camp Savage was a BLAST!!! Luckily, I was put through 2 grueling functional workouts Friday and Sunday, so I didn't miss too much training-wise.

Yesterday I taught TurboKick and did this month's Back and hams workout. Today I'll do this month's shoulder workout and some cardio.

I'm not doing the April show, but, rather, will be doing one in May--fitness model category versus figure. Trying to work out my diet with my new macronutrient numbers.

Going to work late and being lame with this entry b/c my dogwalker died suddenly this morning. :( She had no one and $nothing$, so I'm trying to figure out how to save her 2 elderly dogs from being discarded. Wish me--and them--luck that I am able to care for them in accordance with their highest good.

Post subject: 2.1.07
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:19 pm 
Rabbit

Jan is over--Yes! Way too much drama for me.

Today: I started into my rotation at low cal since I didn't know where to start after sporadic eating from travel and then Sharon's death. Also, I'm trying to master the art of the mid workout feeding on days I'm training for growth (upper body right now).

6:30a 1/2 of: oats with cranberries, choc rice and hemp pp drink
9'sih: other 1/2 of above
11a: pinto beans with some salsa and added plain veg booster pp
11:30 taught TurboKick
zoomed home to walk dogs
Trained shoulders and tri's (ouch):
3x10/3x6 on the 2 shoulder supersets, 1 for delts, 1 for traps
3x15, 3x6-8 on tris
2'ish drank Gatorade with rice pp mixed in during training
[rest of day as follows]:
2:45/3 1/2 of Broccoli, tofu, and shrooms with liquid aminos and added omega oil blend
5p The other 1/2 of above or baby carrots and choc-hemp pp drink with added oil
7p Whichever I didn't eat at 5p

Post subject: I'm out!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:29 am 
Rabbit

I'm not out of the transformation contest, but I'm not going to continue to post my journal. I already journal VERY specifically on my own, and ethically I can't do that here since I have that agreement with my trainer (which is why my postings--esp. training--are fairly non-specific). Anyhow, not sure I'm doing any good, and using my time to find homes for orphaned pets!