Heather's Contest Prep Journal

Diet woes. No cravings or anything, but figuring out my new cal rotation along with a new post-workout meal scheme on training days caused me to walk away from my computer muttering obscenities. I'll go back to the salt mines and work on it tonight.

6:30a oats and berry-vanilla protein smoothie with greens powder

10:30a apple, pp pudding with added oil and nuts/seeds

11:30 Teach Step and Sculpt

12:30 Cardio--today a Jumprope interval workout

2:00 Mixed greens with tofu and shrooms and bals. vin, mashed yams

4:00 Teach PiYo

5:00 Asparagus and mushrooms, pp pudding

7:30'ish Veggies with cheesy protein sauce

8:00p on Pay 1/4'ly taxes and try not to pull hair out working on diet. Fun!

I can't remember what I ate, but I do believe it was a "medium" cal day.

Trained legs, which felt like a breeze after last week--only 3x10, 3x6 supersets. I also skipped calves b/c my plantar fascia was hummin' after the jumprope workout the day before. Ouch. I also taught TurboKick this day too.

Travelled to Boston for Camp Savage this afternoon, so I got up at 4:30a to get in my chest/bi's workout (again, like legs this was a 3x10 first ex, 3x6 second ex. superset day, so I shortened rest period to 45 sec as well as upping the weights), and get a good hard cardio in (hill climb intervals on the TM--no jumping today b/c of my feet and calves still).

Eating was a "do the best I can" thing as I ran around the house packing and cleaning before leaving. At one point I made a smoothie with 50% more pp than my norm and I felt very "weird" and not so good after. Luckily it passed. I noshed on tofu jerky that I made, 1/2 Luna bars here and there, and TONS of water. If I'm not totally constipated after this weekend, I'll be shocked. In any case, a huge salad is in order today!

1.25-1.27

I'll be doing the "do the best you can" thing eating-wise for the next several days. Being a travelling vegan in training is not easy. My nutrition guru will have to cut me some slack. I meet her in person this weekend. If she looks at me and determines April may not happen, it will be all I can do not to head out for beer and french fries. I think she knows that, so I don't expect it. Plus, even if I don't show this Spring, I still need to do a true diet cycle, and a big cheat will change my physiology. Luckily, still no big cravings yet.

I have all my Jan training done, so this weekend I'll be relying (as all the fitness campers will) on the workouts at camp, which will be largely functional. If the spirit moves me, I'll go for a walk or run, head to the gym down the road from my sister's place, (a MILLION classes, very tempting!), and maybe do a full body circuit in the hotel gym, but it d/n look like there'll be a ton of time for that. Not stressing a bit. Enjoying my down time.

Camp Savage was a BLAST!!! Luckily, I was put through 2 grueling functional workouts Friday and Sunday, so I didn't miss too much training-wise.

Yesterday I taught TurboKick and did this month's Back and hams workout. Today I'll do this month's shoulder workout and some cardio.

I'm not doing the April show, but, rather, will be doing one in May--fitness model category versus figure. Trying to work out my diet with my new macronutrient numbers.

Going to work late and being lame with this entry b/c my dogwalker died suddenly this morning. She had no one and $nothing$, so I'm trying to figure out how to save her 2 elderly dogs from being discarded. Wish me--and them--luck that I am able to care for them in accordance with their highest good.

Jan is over--Yes! Way too much drama for me.

Today: I started into my rotation at low cal since I didn't know where to start after sporadic eating from travel and then Sharon's death. Also, I'm trying to master the art of the mid workout feeding on days I'm training for growth (upper body right now).

6:30a 1/2 of: oats with cranberries, choc rice and hemp pp drink

9'sih: other 1/2 of above

11a: pinto beans with some salsa and added plain veg booster pp

11:30 taught TurboKick

zoomed home to walk dogs

Trained shoulders and tri's (ouch):

3x10/3x6 on the 2 shoulder supersets, 1 for delts, 1 for traps

3x15, 3x6-8 on tris

2'ish drank Gatorade with rice pp mixed in during training

[rest of day as follows]:

2:45/3 1/2 of Broccoli, tofu, and shrooms with liquid aminos and added omega oil blend

5p The other 1/2 of above or baby carrots and choc-hemp pp drink with added oil

7p Whichever I didn't eat at 5p

I'm not out of the transformation contest, but I'm not going to continue to post my journal. I already journal VERY specifically on my own, and ethically I can't do that here since I have that agreement with my trainer (which is why my postings--esp. training--are fairly non-specific). Anyhow, not sure I'm doing any good, and using my time to find homes for orphaned pets!