Go Gaia!

Gaia

Yesterday was Chest and Bicep day: Started out with 45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. Yep, I found a new treadmill that I like. It was an easy 45 minutes while watching Martha Stuart. And I was late getting to the gym at 5 pm, so it was incredibly busy. It was going to be an easy day since it time for the ligament cycle again.

Incline #3 Smith Chest Press: 70/15 X 4

LifeFitness Pec Dec: 60/15 X 4

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 180/15 X 4 (very hard to do on the last two sets. Chest already fatiguing).

LifeFitness Chest Press/Dumbell Grip: 90/15 X 4 (dying on this last exercise for chest).

EZ bar Curl: 20/15 X 4

Hammers: 25/15 X 4

Tried to do Overhead Bicep Curl but my forearm said NO!!

Done for the day. Nothing much pumped during this workout, and I am not sore this morning: stiff yes, sore no.

Back to taking VEGA, and I took it at night and it kept me up. Today I am taking it in the mid morning shake time, and lets see how the gas develops: hopefully not. I'll do the Supreme Meal at night and see if that lets me sleep.Otherwise, lucid dreams here I come again.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest day: Didn't do cardio because I was going do legs today. I had planned a yoga class, but got too carried away with housework and the time past before I knew it. Went to the gym and started to do ligament training with my legs. At the leg extension, I could feel how sore my legs were still from last time and just couldn't do it. So I left and made it into a rest day. . . all around with no cardio and no weightlifting.

Leg and Shoulder day: Went to the gym early today to see if this would make my workout better: workout in the morning when I have strength and cardio at night after dinner. It was good that there is no cardio on leg day since I was so wiped out after working out that I didn't do too much afterwards all day (picked up kids, cooked dinner, and did the dishes).

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 120/15 X 4 supersetted with

LifeFitness seated Leg Curl: 70/15 x 4

Leg Press: 360/15 X 4 supersetted with

Leg press Calf Raise: 360/50 X 4

Seated Calf Raise 90/25 X 4 supersetted with

Power Squats: 90/25 X 4

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 70/15 X 4 supersetted with

Dumbell Laterals: 20/15 X 4

Smith Military Press: 50/15 X 4 supersetted with

Icarian Rear Delt 50/15 X 4

Cable Laterals: 10/15 X 4

Weight isn't going. Portions are still too big, especially at night (dinner). I can clean it up a little bit more too. I sure liked cutting last time cause it was warm outside and I could go trail running for an hour or more. Plus I could go out at night and walk around and talk to neighbors instead of sitting on the couch and watching TV or DVDs. Another day tommorrow and another way of finding a way to lose weight.

Thursday I went to my usual Anusara Yoga class, and I ran with the kids at the high school gym for about 30 minutes only. Upper body was still really sore, so doing my back and triceps wasn't going to go today. Legs are still really sore too, but I did jog alittle faster this time than last time with the kids. They still passed by me with smiles on their faces, and the little one (10 years old) even started jogging backwards in front of me to tease me on my fifteenth lap (still had five more to go!). Inspired me to run faster to catch his little @ss !

Back and Tricep day: Started off with 45 minutes of treadmill jogging on my favorite treadmill: easy time again. Went to the gym at the usual 3 pm time. Fridays are always quiet.

Hammer Strength Back Row: 140/15 X 4 supersetted with

Cable Lat Pulldown: 100/15 X 4

Shrugs: 230/25 X 4 supersetted with

HyperExtensions: 25/25 X 4

Cybex Row: 150/15 supersetted with

Cybex assisted Lat Pull-up: 16/15 X 4

V-bar Tricep Pulldown: 50/15 X 4 supersetted with

V-bar Overhead Tricep Extension: 40/15 X 4

Bench Dips: Bodyweight/25 X 4

End of the ligament cycle. Start lifting heavy again tommorrow. Forearm feels like it is healing. It is not a sharp pain, but a dull vague pain in the area now. Still haven't lost the two pounds for this week (not even the one that I should have). I weighed all my food today (portion wise) and kept it clean. Vega is out again, because the gas came back again. Supreme Meal seems to be the protein shake for me so far. Need to make my own protein powder combo due to $$$.

Chest and Bicep day: Treadmill for 45 minutes. Went to the gym around 3 pm. Nice and quiet. Just went about my workout.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25warmup, 180/13, 200/8 (not as good as the last time I did these which was a month ago +).

Cybex Flyes: 60/15, 70/12, 80/8 (forearm/elbow area hurted, but I found if I stand intead of sitting on the seat, and get my shoulder blades over the back of the seat so I had room to bring my shoulder blades together and puff out my chest, my forearm/elbow did not hurt!).

Smith Incline #3 Chest Press: 70/12, 80/9

Cable Flyes: 50/10, 60/6

LifeFitness Chest Press (Dumbell Grip): 105/8

Cable Curl with straight bar: 80/15, 90/15, 100/10

Hammer Curls: 25/15, 30/10

EZ bar Curls: 20/12 X 2

Overhead "Bicep" Curl: 5/8

Don't know if I am down on the weights because this is my old routine and haven't done it for a month or so, or if the cardio is starting to effect my strength to lift on the same day. Or the dieting down could also be affecting it. I will have to see what happens next time around.

Rest Day! I did go to the gym and got on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Being Sunday, I weighed myself and saw that it was still 170 lbs. Shoot Now I am 2 lbs behind for the week. Tightening on the diet this week. My trouble spot is at night. I sit on a couch watching my TV series shows and the message of eat, eat, and eat is on at every commercial. I am now muting the commercials, and wrestling with my kids instead . Being that they are bigger than me (except the little 10 year old) I will probably get hurt!

Shoulder Day only (tried to do Legs but I felt light headed and my fingers were numb after two sets of leg extensions, so I ended my session): Went to Jivamukti yoga today and it felt wonderful to stretch and twist my core. Went off to the gym after picking up the kids (they wanted to skate on the lake (finally froze over) instead of running and I gave in and let them).

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/13, 100/8+2

Dumbell Laterals: 20/15, 25/12, 30/8

Icarian Rear Delts: 50/15, 60/12, 70/8

Military Press (Smith): 50/15, 70/10, not doing 80/5

Cable Laterals: 20/10-15/10-10/10 decending sets

Icarian Shoulder Press: 70/15, 80/10, not doing 90/5

Slow warming up, but then I increased by one on some. Then I did not do the hard ones that I did last time, but will try next time possibly. Feeling a little dishearted tonight. The weight is not moving, I am hungry after my meals, and I don't seem to be able to lift more than before. Yeah....welcome to cutting. I wonder if I should go to the gym and treadmill while watching 24? If it was warm and the sun was still up I would, so hard when it is dark and cold and I just want to go to sleep, or veg out on the couch while watching the shows. My son just informed me that Heroes is on tonight too! Reality escape here I come .

Back and Tricep day: Took me awhile, but I managed to get into the gym by 10 am to do the 45 minutes on the treadmill. It was OK (I watched Martha Stuart again). Went to lift around 3:30 pm today. Very busy! Alot of Resolution newbies are in.

Hammer Strength Back Row: 90/25warmup, 140/15, 180/15, 230/10 (weights the same).

Cable Lat Pulldown: 100/15, 110/15, 120/12 (+2 than last time), new weight 130/8!

Cybex Back Row: 150/15, 162,8/8 (same as last time).

Cybex Pull-Up: 15/15(+3 than last time), 14/12 (+2 than last time), new weight 13/8!

HyperExtensions: 35/25 X 4

Shrugs: 250(new weight)/25 X 4 (my grips were not helping this time. Need to get straps to do this weight. really the grips were wet from sweat so they were slipping).

V-Bar Cable Overhead Tricep Extension: 5/15, 6/15(+3 than last time), 7/7 (+3 than last time).

Rope Pushdown: 5/15, 6/10, 7/4 (same as last time).

Interesting thing happen. The trainer asked how I was doing, and I said I was having a little trouble letting the weight go. He says out loud "You gotta eat the meat!" and then lower "to be a bodybuilder". I just smiled and said that "sounded alittle sexual ". So now I know that he must be on the other end of the bet that I can't make it as a vegan. I am now more inspired to keep going!

Leg day: Went early to the gym at 10 am. No cardio today since it is leg day. It is now night at 9 pm and I am hungry. I get to have my shake, and I ate some carrots (as my family proceeded to eat my Good Karma Ice cream chocolate bars ). I will think about how I saw 169 on my scale this morning (finally broke below the 170s) and I hope to see it again tommorrow morning.

Lifefitness Leg Extension: 90/25warmup, 150/15, 180/15, 210/10 (same as last time).

Icarian Leg Curl: 160/15, 170/10, 180/8 (same as last time).

Leg Press: 450/15, 540/8 (same as last time).

Seated Calf Raise: 90/25 X 4

Plie (Power) Squats: up the weight to 140/25 (very hard to do).

Legs are really sore tonight. I hope I can do cardio tommorrow. Maybe yoga again instead of 45 minutes on the treadmill?

Yesterday was Chest and Bicep day: Thought I would switch up the routine. I went to work out at the gym around 10ish and did cardio at night. I had alot more energy to workout and the weights went up (although on some I am doing more weights and on others I am just still trying to catch back up to where I was).

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25warmup, 180/14 (+1), 200/9 (+1)

Cybex Flyes: 70/15 (+2), 80/10 (+2), new weight 90/8

Smith Incline #3 chest Press 90/10, new weight 95/6 (those 2 1/2 lbs add just a bit more).

Cable Flyes 50/10, 60/7 (+1)

LifeFitness Chest Press (Dumbell Grip): 105/12 (+4), new weight 120/8

Cable Curl with the crooked bar: 90/15, 100,13 (+3), new weight 110/8

Hammer curls 25/15, 30/10

EZ bar Curls 30/8 X 2 (these were just there, so I picked it up and did two sets and then my biceps were pretty well shot).

I did 45 minutes of treadmill, but was very uncomfortable with a belly full of dinner still (although I ate an hour ago). I wanted to quit so many times, but I watched Smallville and got me through the 45 minutes of torture .

Thanks pelicanAndrew !

Funny that you should mention bag work. Our gym is shying away from aerobics lately and centering on the ultimate mixed martial arts (MMA) classes. There is now two or more bags in the room, gloves everywhere, and the owner busted his radius in his first fight (the other guy was alittle bit heavier and landed right on his arm! ouch!)!

I don't think I can do bag work either cause my upper body is so sore too. In fact that is why I am switching my workout routine to try and get a more recovery time in somewhere for the upper body with chest one day, shoulder the next, and then back on the last day. I throw legs all by itself on one day and a rest day in between those three upper body workouts just to let something recover.

Hopefully this cardio at night might help me in letting my legs recover. Either that, I will just have to get over the hump of soreness till my legs get use to it (about two weeks usually for my body). I just wish I was loosing more weight!

Friday was rest day except for cardio. Went late at night again and it was hard again (second day doing this at night). I watched Ghost Whisperer and had to take a bathroom break halfway thru (got rid of breakfast and lunch ). Which brings me to a complaint about cardio at night, digestion going on. Trying to eat dinner earlier, but with the stuff going on, dinner by 5 to 6 pm seems to be so hard to do. Cardio time is at 8 to 9 PM.

Tonight I went the 45 minutes plus the last 15 minutes of the show walking, so I got alittle extra cardio in.

Shoulder Day: Full of indoor soccer practices for the kids, I still managed to go to the gym around 10:30 AM, and plant three flats (parsley, leeks, and echinecea).

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmup, 70/15, 90/13, 100/8+2 (same as before).

Icarian Standing Delt: 20/15, 30/15, 40/8+2 (+2 more than last time).

Icarian Rear Delts 60/15 (+3 more than last time), 70/8

Military Press (Smith): 50/15, 70/10, 80/5

Icarian Shoulder Press: 80/12 (+2 more than last time), 90/8 (+3 more than last time).

Dumbell Lateral Decline Set: 25/20/15/10 for 10 reps for each weight set.

Shoulders are now pumped after this set.

Went at 6 PM to do the 45 minutes of cardio. I can not believe I actually did it. I had so many great and righteous reasons why I don't have to do it. I still did it and went home and made dinner for the family, took my daughter her meal at her work, but I am still in my stinky running gear. Time for a hot shower !

Back and Tricep day: Went to the gym a little late today 1 PM. Not feeling the greatest. Very tired and run down, and since the gym closes at 6 PM, I won't be going at 5 PM to do cardio. Rest day from cardio yes! (Personal note: third day straight of no sun again, and I always feel this way).

Hammer Strength Back Row: 90/25warmup, 180/15, 230/10

Cable Pulldown: 110/15, 120/12 (+2), 130/8

Cybex Back Row: 150/15, 162.5/10 (+2)

Cybex Pull-Up: 14/15, 13/10, next time try 12.

HyperExtensions: 35/25 X 4

Shrugs: 250/25 X 4

Rope Tricep Pushdown: 5/15, 6/10, 7/4

V-bar Cable Overhead 5/15, 6/15, 7/7

Quiet Sunday.

Edited by Gaia

Bad day. Although the sun came out today. And I picked up 6 local newspapers since my daughter is the Academic Achiever of 2007 this week (GPA of 4.0). I was not happy at all today and did not go to the gym. I also pigged out on chocolate rice dream bars, corn chips, bread and butter, and juice. I guess I am having a pity party today and that is OK. I am not losing any weight and I am sick of feeling tired and pushing myself, so I guess I needed to chill out and pig out . Tommorrow is another day and I will have another chance to pick myself up, dust myself off, and pump the iron and fly on the treadmill.

Dang it is hard work dieting. Forgot how much work it is. Maybe I should think about dieting heavily when spring shows up cause this cold snowy days with the gray gloomy skies is just so uninspiring. I'll have to think about this. I might not have to think too much cause I can't seem to lose the weight lately (still lifting as heavy as I was and increasing weights on some of the exercises though-so no muscle mass is lost). Just tired of being big though.

Leg Day: Started off better than yesterday. Went to the gym early and got on the treadmill for 45 minutes, and then decided to tan (I quickly remembered that I have claustrophobia and took me awhile to get it under control. Also it felt weird to be naked with tons of lights on me and dancing to my ipod). Went to work out at my regular time of 3PM.

LifeFitness Leg Ext: 90/25warmup, 180/15, 210/10, 225/8 (PB), whole stack at 255/4+2 (feeling very strong today, even with cardio this morning).

Icarian Leg Curl: 160/15, 170/10, 180/8, whole stack at 200/6 (same PB as last time).

Leg Press: 450/15, 540/8+2, 590/8 (same PB as last time).

Plie (Power Squats): 140/25 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4

I decided to add Grapeseed Extract to my supplements today. I won't credit that with my feeling strong today because I pigged out so much yesterday (and it showed it on the scale this morning, but I won't let it stop me from keep on trying) that it could be why I feel so strong today (well rested and fed).

Chest and Bicep day: Treadmill for 45 minutes this morning, and did some ab work (have to start working the abs, but not with alot of weights. don't want to get the thick trunk that I can get quite easily). Went to the gym around 3 PM again.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 90/25 warmup, 180/14 (+1 than last time), 200/9+1/2 (+1 and 1/2 than last time).

Cybex Flyes: 70/15 80/15 (long break: +5 than last time), 90/10 (+2tlt)

Smith Incline #3 Chest Press: 90/10, 95/6 (more solid on the form this time).

Cable Flyes: 50/12 (+2tlt), 60/8 (+1tlt)

LifeFitness Chest Press (Dumbell Grip): 120/8 (no middle weight, just heavy on this one and good solid form).

Cable Curl with crooked bar: 100/15 (+2tlt), 110/10 (+2tlt), try 120 next time.

Hammer Curls: 25/15, 30/10

EZ Bar Curls: 20/15, 30/10, 35/8 (new weight)

Overhead "Bicep" Curl: 5/10 (all fatigued out).

Forgot to eat after working out. Got caught up in doing dishes and talking to kids, and then cooking dinner, and delivering it to my daughter at her work, and then listening to her talk for about 20 minutes (long break for her!), and then I noticed I was hungry! Dang, I should've had my protein drink right away when I got home. Oh well. Not great for feeding the muscles, but great for dieting. I kept my dinner portion small, so an hour and half later I am feeling hunger pains again. Now I will have my protein shake, an hour before bedtime.

Shoulder day: No treadmill today, went to my morning Anusara Yoga class today. Awesome as ever! Feeling like the beautiful Goddess (full of shree) that I am when I left . Pushed alittle too hard in a twist without my tailbone down and tweaked some lower back muscle till it was tender/sore. Oops! Didn't make that mistake again throughout the rest of the class: tailbone straight down with my kidney loop puffed up. Headed to the gym around 3 PM again.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmup (hard time doing these. I will be lucky if I can do what I did last time I'm thinking right about now), 70/15, 90/13, 100/8+2(very weak 2, more of 2 on the way down ).

Icarian Standing Delt: 20/15, 30/15, 40/8 (no +2 today).

Icarian Rear Dults: 60/15, 70/8 (these were at least easy).

Miltary Press (Smith): 50/15, 70/10 (not doing the 80/5 today -why bother when I can't hardly do the 70/10).

Icarian Shoulder Press (Dumbell Grip): 80/12, 90/8

Dumbell Laterals Descending Sets (just to get a pump on): 20/15/10 for 10 @, and another 25/20/15/10 for 10 @ (Pump is on! finally).

Bad day. Although the sun came out today. And I picked up 6 local newspapers since my daughter is the Academic Achiever of 2007 this week (GPA of 4.0). I was not happy at all today and did not go to the gym. I also pigged out on chocolate rice dream bars, corn chips, bread and butter, and juice. I guess I am having a pity party today and that is OK. I am not losing any weight and I am sick of feeling tired and pushing myself, so I guess I needed to chill out and pig out . Tommorrow is another day and I will have another chance to pick myself up, dust myself off, and pump the iron and fly on the treadmill.

Dang it is hard work dieting. Forgot how much work it is. Maybe I should think about dieting heavily when spring shows up cause this cold snowy days with the gray gloomy skies is just so uninspiring. I'll have to think about this. I might not have to think too much cause I can't seem to lose the weight lately (still lifting as heavy as I was and increasing weights on some of the exercises though-so no muscle mass is lost). Just tired of being big though.

Actually, you should have a day a week where you splurge. That way if you're cutting calories your body doesn't get too used to it or else your metabolism will go wayyyyy low.

If you're doing lots of weight training weight loss might not happen. You may just be switching out muscle for fat which is great in my book. I actually probably was 240 before my powerlifting break, but i could deadlift 380(probably 400 had a gone one more week) squat 320 and bench 230. Now i'm looking to get a slightly smaller build with less fat but still big muscle.

Your routine is extremely solid so you'll get results. It takes lots of time. I really don't plan on having the body that i want until next fall at least if not later.

Back and Tricep day: Very cold day around here. Guess the weekend will be in single digit temps. Warmed up the morning with 45 minutes on the treadmill and tanned. Was very late getting to the gym to lift, around 6:30 PM.

Hammer Strength Back Row: 90/25warmup, 140/15, 160/15, 180/15, 230/10 (wanted to go slowly today, so I upped the weights in increments of 20).

Cable Pulldown: 120/15 (+3 tlt), 130/10 (+2 tlt)

Cybex Back Row 162.5/12 (+2tlt), new weight 175/8

Cybex Pull-Up: 13/15 (+5tlt), 12/10, new weight 11/8

Hyper Extension: 35/25 X 4

Shrugs: 250/25 X 4

Rope Tricep Pushdown: 5/15, 6/10, 6.5/6, (no 7/4 today).

V-Bar Cable Tricep Overhead Extension: 5/15, 6/15, (no 7/7 - couldn't get it up at all! strange ).

Bench dips: Bodyweight/25 X 4

Bentbar Tricep Pushdown: 50/15 (pump only purpose - for fun).

Talked to people, so I had some long breaks and was able to do heavy weights easily on some of them. Will say that some of the real heavy weights are lifted with some restricted range of motion though. Form is not so strict because I can't hold the weight with control cause it is so heavy. I will have to go back down to get the range of motion next time I am thinking.

Rest day from lifting: Did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Was feeling great till this afternoon, but then I started my monthly and the hormones kicked in and motivation went down. I still had to still get the kids to their soccer skills training in this horrible weather (white out conditions in single digit temps), plus some of the kids are sick (poor things, they look so miserable). I had an hour at 6 PM to go to the gym but I just wanted to make dinner and finish up the dishes. I don't know if I can do Legs tommorrow. I'll have to see how I am doing tommorrow.

Leg Day: I did do legs on Sunday. Went early to do my 45 minutes on the treadmill. Weighed myself: 168 (lost 2 pounds this week and kept my weights up and some even went past). Still not at the projected weight loss of 165 for this week. Oh well. I will take the two pounds since I fought hard for them . Went to the last hour the gym is open (5 PM).

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 90/25warmup, 180/15, 210/10, no whole stack just for fun/not a fun day mood today .

Icarian Leg Curl: 90/25 warmups (hamstrings hurt today so I warmed them up too), 160/15, 170/10, 180/8

Leg press: 450/15, 540/ 10, new weight 600/8 .

Supersetted the next three (had limited time before the gym closed):

Power Squats on Smith: 140/25 X 4

Leg Press Calf Raise: 450/25 X 4

Packed up and went out into the single digit temps and froze all the sweat on my head through my hood and had an instant headache.

Entering this the day after, and found out that the kids have no school due to the cold temps (-5 degrees F ), so they are home all day , but I am going to go leave to go to Yoga for the morning.

Chest and Bicep day: I did go to my Anusara Yoga 2 class instead of the 45 minutes of boring treadmill. Lats and obliques were really stuggling in the yoga class today: arm balances. Got to the gym by 4 PM. Mixed up my routine alittle.

LifeFitness Chest Grip (Dumbell Grip): 90/25warmup, 105/15, 120/10 (+2tlt)

PecDec: 75/15, 90/10, 105/6 (Chest is pumped!).

Smith Incline #3 Chest Press: 90/9, 90/8, 90/7 (two minute break between sets).

Cybex Flyes 80/12, 90/8 (less than last time in both sets. chest fatiguing?)

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press: 180/10, 180/7 (two minute break between sets and way less than the usual 14. chest fatigued).

EZ Bar Curl: 20/15, 30/12, 35/8

Hammer Curl: 25/15, 30/10

Cable Curl with crooked bar: 100/15, 110/10, 120/4 (new weight, but not enough energy left to get it to 6 at least).

I got my new Pea Protein Powder (Vanilla) today. It tasted like my Whey protein Vanilla Powder I use to drink all the time. It is 25 grams of protein instead of my 17 grams in my usual protein powder. See if the extra protein helps curb my hunger and keep feeding the muscles I keep abusing .