Cardio

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

SeaSiren
Elephant

Cardio

#1 Postby SeaSiren » Tue May 24, 2005 9:30 am

How important is cardio? I really, really hate cardio! I don't mind too much having to do it 2-3 times for 20 min (altough it really bores me). But, I still have some fat to lose and would much prefer to be in the weight room. Do I really have to kick up the cardio to lose the rest of the fat?

JFYI - I only have about an hour a day to work out, and do not care to do other types of cardio outside the gym. It's much easier to use their machines.

bobbycore
Rabbit

loosing fat

#2 Postby bobbycore » Tue May 24, 2005 1:08 pm

the key to loosing fat is to get your heart rate up and that can be done with weights. It just takes doing less weight with more reps at a quicker pace.

I honestly think cardio is the best way to loose weight but any way you can get your heart beating faster works.

try running outside with a partner or something, that is what solves the horros of cardio for me.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”