What Are You Listening To Now?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xdarthveganx
Elephant

#46 Postby xdarthveganx » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:52 pm

michaelhobson wrote:
xdarthveganx wrote:
robert wrote:I get made fun of everytime I post the music that I like :) Granted, I've listed the Backstreet Boys, and groups like that in the past.....but hey, I like what I like. Right now I'm enjoying a lot of Pretty Ricky and hip hop rap beats.

I'm a country boy and a rap/hip hop boy. I don't know that happened. I guess from growing up on the farm and then living in the city and hanging out with a diversity of people.

I can sing and dance to both styles of music. I am actually a terrible singer but I've been known to drop it like it's hot with the best of them.

Recently I also started listening to a lot of R&B. I don't know if it gets ANY better than Boyz II Men. Man, talk about some voices! I also like Brian McKnight and some others.

I don't own very much music, and only listen to music while in the car, but recently I got some songs from the artists I mentioned on my computer and it kinda rules....except I don't have speakers hooked up...so I have to use headphones or send the files to my laptop and use that computer to hear it.

Either way....it's all......"my body.....yo body......my body......yo body......pretty ricky"

Time to put on the headset, sit back in my chair at 3:10AM as it were, and listen to some sweet lovin from Boyz II Men........

Uhhh I dont know what to say.............................. Just kiddin rob! haha

Rob, I'm going to risk having my non PC head cut off here. That reads like the gay manifesto! Good nobody here is homophobic.

We love you man. :D

As Sienfeld would say...................... "Not that theres anything wrong with that!!!"
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here

pelicanAndrew
Elephant

#47 Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Oceansize- Heaven Alive

michaelhobson
Elephant

#48 Postby michaelhobson » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Bad Brains - Fearless Vampire Killers

War Zone - As One

pelicanAndrew
Elephant

#49 Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 pm

CSO- Pictures At An Exhibition

robert
Site Admin

#50 Postby robert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:48 pm

I know, I take a lot of heat for the music that I listen to. I always have from friends, family, forum friends, etc. :) But I can't just pretend to like all the music everyone else likes, right ? I mean, it's just me, I can't help it. I really really just enjoy a lot of that music. Often, I think we get pressured into liking something because it's cool, or not liking something because it's not cool. I'm just me and I like what I like and I don't really care how "cool" people think it is 8)

I love ya'll too. We'll just listen to different music during the Vegan Vaction.....but warning.....I've got a car here and it's an hour from Hood River to Portland, so if we're going back and forth and I'm driving.....guess what you're listening to :?: :?: :?:

Just kidding, I'm always very aware of other people's music tastes and respectful and hardly ever listen to "my" kind of music around others who clearly don't want to hear it.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

pelicanAndrew
Elephant

#51 Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:26 pm

If someone brings a turntable, that would rule.

robert
Site Admin

#52 Postby robert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:41 pm

C.O. is a DJ and has worked at some major clubs in Portland, some radio stuff, he did a bit in Japan recently, etc. He has all the set-up but I don' t know that he'd let anyone else us it :)

But at least you can chat wtih him about it or go over to his out and play around on the equipment.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

pelicanAndrew
Elephant

#53 Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:58 pm

Oh i meant a turntable for listening to vinyl because vinyl is the best. I will never buy a CD of an album available on vinyl ever again.

robert
Site Admin

#54 Postby robert » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:18 pm

He has a huge vinyl collection and spins and scratches, all that stuff. You can PM him. I've known him since we were about 4 years old. He's here on the forum, lately in the Other Sports section.

MontanaVegan
Gorilla

#55 Postby MontanaVegan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Rush in Rio DVD is playing now
Turned Vegan and started lifting weights in the spring of 2006 - Age 42

andgbr
Elephant

#56 Postby andgbr » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:08 pm

MontanaVegan wrote:Rush in Rio DVD is playing now

wow... i love Rush, i wish i had that dvd... lol

speaking of ''rocking'''

i'm listening to..

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture

i'm a big fan of instrumental music. :D

xdarthveganx
Elephant

#57 Postby xdarthveganx » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:02 am

Spin Doctors - Two Princes

talk about OLD SCHOOL
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here

cubby2112
Elephant

#58 Postby cubby2112 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:06 am

Suicide Commando - Stored Images
Cubby's Fitness Log

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

pelicanAndrew
Elephant

#59 Postby pelicanAndrew » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:47 am

Cease Upon The Capitol- Art Or The Empire

loveliberate
Elephant

#60 Postby loveliberate » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:41 am

Last edited by loveliberate on Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama, May 2001 at "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, OR.
http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org

Return to “General Discussion”