Too Poor to Exercise???? HELP!

Gas is insane here in Northern California! I've been paying about $3.30 a gal for the past week! I can't afford to get into town to exercise at that price! I mean, really! So, I need suggestions for fun cardio activities to do at home....I've been dancing while cooking and skipping and doing "25lb baby" lifts! I could also use suggestions on body-weight, upper body exercises....please, don't let me get lazy....

Hey Vegan Momma,

I actually prefer to do ALL of my cardio away from the gym. So there are tons of fun things you can do that are "cardio" related:

Some of these might require some eqipment at home but not all of them:

-Running

-Jogging

-Hiking

-Cycling

-Dancing

-Swimming

-Skating

-Rollerblading

-Walking

-Speed walking

-Climbing

-Stair Climbing

Sports Cardio:

-Basketball

-Tennis

-Frisbee

-Mountain or street biking

-Soccer

-Techno Dancing

Aside from cardio you can always do:

-Push-ups

-Sit-ups

-Crunches

-Lunges

-Squats

-Dips

-Curls with household items

-25lb baby lifts

-Dancing to Backstreet Boys music

-Yoga

-Tap Dancing (with arms flailing)

-Jumping Jacks and other jumping variations

-Calf raises

Those are a few ideas.

I hope some are helpful.

-Robert

I rollerskated to town yesterday.

Rollin' to me is one of the most fun forms or cardio. it tones and grows your calves, hams, quads, and glutes. it also works your lower back, abs, etc.

and you get great cardio

That's totally funny that mention that, Topher, because I've been wanting to buy rollerskates...really, rollerskates - not rollerblades...God...there are some incredible paths in Monterey to skate on right off the coast...BEAUTIFUL...of course I'd have to drive there, too!

And, as always, Robert...wonderful suggestions - I really appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

Mountain biking is a great work out and helps with your coordination, because if you don't pay attention to the trails you could end up regretting it. It also helps your arms and shoulders, just look at the difference in body types between a roadie and a mountain biker. Another great work out is helping maintain the trails you ride and getting involved with the local mountain bike cooalition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...