What Sports Do You Play?

Aside from weight lifting I'm sure we all participate in at least one other sport. What sports do you play? I'm interested to see the variety of athletes we have on here.

In addition to bodybuilding, I also play basketball and table tennis. I'm fairly good at both, but not great at either. I used to play soccer and I was ok at that but now I'm terrible so I stick to the b-ball and table tennis and on occassion, regular tennis.

I also enjoy playing football and hockey for fun, but rarely get the chance to play those sports.

Sports that I'm not good at are baseball and golf, but they are also fun every once in a while.

So, please share what you play or do for other areas of fitness.

No worries, sports aren't for everyone and you're the strongest one on here by FAR, so you've got that over all of us. You're probably the biggest as well.

So don't worry about throwing or catching the football when you can bench 475 and curl 120's in one arm!!!!!!!

I had an awesome time playing basketball tonight. I play every Tuesday and it is really intense and so much fun! I was on a role tonight and led the team in scoring for 3 straight games and we won all three. Then I started getting a bit tired and my shots weren't falling in as much and we lost a couple games toward the end. In our final game playing by 1s and 2s we were up 14-10 playing to 15 and somehow lost 16-14

Oh well, we still won a bunch and we all had fun. I play with some guys who played against me during the winter league of basketball season. Some of them are quite tall 6'8", 6'5", 6'4", etc. and me at 5'11" and I still usually score the most points.

Anyway, now time for me to eat after burning about a million calories and soaking every piece of clothing I had on. I think intense basketball is some of the best cardio ever!

when I was little I was in International Gymnastics.

played Soccer for over 10 yrs in a youth league. I was really good at it.

baseball a few years.

I use to ski for about 10 yrs. then switched over to snowboarding for about 8 years. I still snowboard just not as much.

aggressive rollerblading, skateboarding, (dont do either anymore)

beach volleyball and bad mitton for fun.

I basically have put all sports aside, as I dont want to injure myself anymore. I just bodybuild. but I wouldnt mind playing volleyball sometime soon.

Ever since I got out of high school I really enjoy playing volleyball, especially beach volleyball. When I worked on the cruise ship and had days off in Mexico or on Caribbean Islands I would often play beach volleyball with some of my buddies from the ship and some of the locals or resort tourists.

I grew up playing tons of sports and then stopped for a while during part of my bodybuilding years. Now I am back to playing a few (basketball, table tennis and others like volleyball and tennis on occasion). I know I'd be a better bodybuilder if I just focused on that individual sport, but I love to play some hoops so I set aside just one day a week to do that

Summer is approaching so I'm sure some sand volleyball will be in my near future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm just getting around to reading some of these old threads....

Anyway - SOFTBALL is LIFE!!!!

I can't play competive anymore, had a couple knee surgeries and my knee will never be the same, it's really very sad....I always wanted to play college when I was younger.

Back in highschool I simultaneously played for the high school, Little League, and ASA....3 teams, practice/games 6 days a week, 2-6hours per day....that was the life! I miss it so much!

Now I play on a rec team, I had to switch to slowpitch. It's not as intense, but it's as good a substitute as I've been able to find, and I still love it.

This was my first year coaching little league! It was awesome, even more fun than I expected

• 3 months later...

I know we have more athletes out there from a variety of sports. What do you guys/gals do other than lift weights?

I just started basketball season again so I'm doing that. I've taken a break from table tennis but still love to play, and on occasion I'll play some soccer.

Share with us

-rob

• 3 weeks later...

running track, but also road races..

will do a 10 mile next month, but normaly not longer than 10k

i like 1500mtrs, but in winter i go for a bit longer distance. Because i like the change, but also because there are no short races in winter.

water polo (umm...duh...that's why I joined here!!!), competitive swimming, skiing

YES!!! I get to do swim AND play water polo at the same time!!! WOOHOO!!! (I start in March!) I love swimming, it's almost insane.

I'm fairly good at skiing,too, and would ski race (I sat down with my mom and went over my schedule: Mon: water polo, tues: ski, wed: water polo thurs: ski, fri: swim, sat: ski, sun: water polo) but she wouldn't listen. "Two sports is already too much!!!"

I'm SUPER competitive, seriously, the only reason I'm in algrebra (in eighth grade) is the fact that I wanted to prove that "jocks" are smart!!!

I'm SUPER competitive, seriously, the only reason I'm in algrebra (in eighth grade) is the fact that I wanted to prove that "jocks" are smart!!!

Aaaaand, if you take algebra as an 8th grader you can start with geometry as a freshman, take AlgII sophomore year, trig/pre-calc Jr year, and Calc sr year, then not have to take math when you get to college (at least not as much, depending on your field.) That's what I did!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I took algebra in 8th grade too. I like math though. It's always been my favorite subject

Computer programming for me.

I never have been big on many sports, except I used to love playing Dodgeball and Kickball when I was a kid, and "Manhunt" or "Freedom" would always allow me to break a sweat, and sometimes I'm found playing Dancing games in arcades/malls breaking a sweat, if that counts as a sport.