Vegan White Pizza Sauce

veganmadre

I have not tried this recipe yet...but looks good!

Vegan White Pizza Sauce

1 cup Veganaise

1 and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon oregano

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese

Mix above and use in place of tomato sauce. Top as you so desire...I think these toppings would rock:

thinly sliced tomato

spinach

artichoke hearts

black olives

broccoli

This is INTERACTIVE! What do you think would taste truly scrumdidiliumptious???

OK...HOLY CRAP! THIS SAUCE FUCKING KICKED STINKIN DAIRY'S ASS!

I made it tonight! Here it is with soy sausage crumbles....mmmmm.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2373/picture0046db.jpg

Just to prove that the above is not my only expression....

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/8749/meagain8ua.jpg

OK...HOLY CRAP! THIS SAUCE FUCKING KICKED STINKIN DAIRY'S ASS!

I made it tonight! Here it is with soy sausage crumbles....mmmmm.

Wow, madre, that pizza looks awesomely yummy!

You're a little obsessed with pizza, may that be?

I mean, first hijacking other threads with pizza, then starting 5 (!) threads on your own about it....

Too bad you can't send it per mail, though *sigh*

Just to prove that the above is not my only expression....

LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I made 2 pizza's this weekend & used this white sauce for one. It ROCKS! I topped it with fresh spinach, tomatoes, black olives & roasted garlic cloves.

I also made one with red sauce & Follow Your Heart mozz & cheddar cheezes. Very good!

I baked the pizzas at 400° for about 18 minutes, than broiled them at 450° for about 7-10 minutes, watching very closely & turning the pan once.

This was my first time making yeast dough. I had some issues with it sticking & worried I was using too much flour, but it turned out wonderful.

Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

• 3 months later...

oooh crispy, i'm jealous. i just made this pizza last weekend for michaelhobson, my wonderful daughter and his two gorgeous girls. I made a tiny white pizza for his youngest who despises red sauce. I made a regular vegan cheese pizza for the other two girls and then I made a white pizza topped with tomato, artichoke hearts, spinach and black olives for him and I. All the girls loved the white pizza (probably best!). I agree that this is an awesome pizza. Nutritional yeast to the dough, huh? I'm majorly intrigued. I might have to make pizza again sooner than planned!!

Well, I just polished off 2 wonderful slices of kick butt 'za! One red 'za & one white 'za. The white 'za will be gone before the red one!

Funny that MH's daughter does not like red sauce! I don't know much about kids, but I would think the red would be a more common taste than the white. Perhaps he has a little gourmet cook in the making, huh?

VM, do you have the Uncheese Cookbook? There is a recipe called "All Season Blend" on page 93. That is what I add to the pizza dough. I usually add about 1/2 - 1 cup depending how much dough I'm making. I hope I don't break the rules here, but, what the heck, here is that recipe:

All Season Blend

1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast flakes

3 T salt (I never add this)

1 T onion granules

1 T paprika

2 t garlic granules

1 t dried parsley flakes

1/2 t turmeric

1/4 t dried thyme leaves

1/4 t dried marjoram leaves

1/4 t ground dill seed

Place all ingredients in a (DRY!) food processor & process till a fine powder. (Each time I make this, I modify it. I'm sure you will too!)

Oh man, I love this stuff! It is good as a half replacer for flour in gravy. It is delish on top of baked potatoes, on top of popcorn. I also add it to soups & sauces. This stuff is so verstile!

I hope you are well. You are a great cook & very inspiring in the kitchen as well as in the fitness department.