Mid Hudson Valley NY

davidmNY

Hello all. I'm thinking this is the year I get serious about getting in shape. I'm 37, 5'11" 165 at about 20% bf. I would love to meet people in the Hudson Valley NY area or within travel distance and maybe get an occasional work-out boost from someone a little more accomplished in the gym. I've been lurking on the Vegan Bodybuilding website and forums for quite some time. Thought it would be good to finally introduce myself.

PEACE- David

Edited by davidmNY

Welcome David! I hope you find people in your area. I know there are certain regions that have more forum members than others. I'm lucky to have so many of our members out here in Portland. There are other cities where multiple members are and I hope you'll find a workout partner in your area.

The forum seems to be getting more and more popular all the time, chances of finding regional members is always increasing.

We have an awesome group of people here as you'll soon find out.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome! I grew up in the Hudson Valley, mostly in Poughkeepsie with a couple of years in Saugerties. But now I am in Baltimore, soon to be in London.

Very cool. I actually lived in Maryland for a few years [89-91]. Baltimore is a fun city. Cheers on moving to London. Lucky! I've wanted to go to the London Vegan Festival. http://www.vegancampaigns.org.uk/festival/ You'll have to go and report back!

Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by davidmNY

Welcome! I grew up in the Hudson Valley, mostly in Poughkeepsie with a couple of years in Saugerties. But now I am in Baltimore, soon to be in London.

Very cool. I actually lived in Maryland for a few years [89-91]. Baltimore is a fun city. Cheers on moving to London. Lucky! I've wanted to go to the London Vegan Festival. http://www.vegancampaigns.org.uk/festival/ You'll have to go and report back!

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I really like Baltimore. I have been here for 16.5 years! I arrived in mid-1990. We'll miss Baltimore but are very excited about London. We will definitely go to the London Vegan Festival and report back about it.

Welcome David! My wife and I are in Mass - prob about 3.5 hrs away.

I've been to a couple West Point football games and have biked and hiked Bear Mountain a few times. Beautiful area.

Very cool. It was at the Boston Veg Fest over 2 years ago where I heard Eric Markus speak when I decided to transition from vegetarian to vegan.

Welcome David! My wife and I are in Mass - prob about 3.5 hrs away.

I've been to a couple West Point football games and have biked and hiked Bear Mountain a few times. Beautiful area.

Very cool. It was at the Boston Veg Fest over 2 years ago where I heard Eric Markus speak when I decided to transition from vegetarian to vegan.

Cool ! I lived in/near Boston for a long time but moved down to Cape Cod a few years ago to work for an animal welfare org. You ever visit the Cape at all? How is Newburgh vegan-wise?

Cool ! I lived in/near Boston for a long time but moved down to Cape Cod a few years ago to work for an animal welfare org. You ever visit the Cape at all? How is Newburgh vegan-wise?

I've been to Provincetown once. Had a nice time. Very cool & quaint.

Believe it or not, Newburgh is better than most towns as far as location goes. There's all vegan 'Pure City' 20 minutes away in Pine Bush NY. Gourmet dishes/ mock meats and the most incredible chocolate tofu cake [like chocolate silk pie.] There's the best Thai restaurant in Beacon - Sukhothai which will vegan any dish. The panang curry is incredible. Indian in Middletown, Fishkill and New Paltz. New Paltz also has the Main Street Bistro with regular vegan specials and just north of there is the Rosendale Cafe which features vegan and vegetarian fare.

Newburgh has Nature's Pantry for all your healthy shopping needs. Mother Earth's has similar items as well as a mostly vegan deli counter just 20 minutes away in Dutchess County and we also have a good share of farm markets and organic co-op farms.

My ex went to the CIA. It's a good thing I wasn't vegan then because I might have starved! But I did love the views of the Hudson River. It used to be my favorite until we moved here (Portland) last summer and drove in along the Columbia River - breathtaking.

I do miss you New Yorkers sometimes. My accent doesn't sound funny to you! However, Portland is awesome and this forum is great. I'm fortunate to have met some of the members in person and look forward to the vacation taking place here this summer. If you can make it, you should come. Again, welcome.

My ex went to the CIA. It's a good thing I wasn't vegan then because I might have starved! But I did love the views of the Hudson River. It used to be my favorite until we moved here (Portland) last summer and drove in along the Columbia River - breathtaking.

I do miss you New Yorkers sometimes. My accent doesn't sound funny to you! However, Portland is awesome and this forum is great. I'm fortunate to have met some of the members in person and look forward to the vacation taking place here this summer. If you can make it, you should come. Again, welcome.

I actually gave it some thought. I'm not sure where my summer will take me. Lots of stuff to figure out - creatively and future endeavor wise.

I know I need to get out there some day because I can't stay where I am. I think some day I'm going to have to make the decision to move to a more vegan-friendly place like Portland or San Fran.