Hello to everyone –

Justin

My name is Justin. I live in Chicago. I teach Automotive Technology at a Community College near Wrigley Field. I live near the beach off of Lake Michigan. I teach everything from the Basic Introduction classes to Steering and Suspension…Anti-Lock Brake systems…Automotive Electronics Systems and Engine Performance. I am currently involved with re-programming new vehicle computers, advanced wave-form diagnostics and Alternative Fuels. My current interests have shifted to Fully-Electric cars and the whole conversion process that is associated with it. I have been in the Automotive Industry for 12 years and I have been teaching for the past 4 years. Check out the documentary “Who Killed the Electric Car?” I showed this documentary to my Automotive Electronics class and they loved it.

I have been lifting weights for 15 years and I have been competing in Natural Bodybuilding shows for 7 years. I wanted to do another Bodybuilding show this coming May and another in the fall. I wanted to take a totally different direction with my diet, because it has been difficult in the past to cut the body fat without losing excess muscle mass. I have tried many different strategies, but I now that feel that meats, dairy, and egg products made digestion very difficult; especially when I was cutting carbohydrates! My protein intake is sort of high, because my bodyweight is normally 210 – 220 @ 5’ 11”. I wanted a diet that was more “balanced”; yet without all the bad fats and excess calories.

I have recently switched to the Vegan diet 4 months ago. I have felt much better; as far as energy levels. I noticed my definition in muscles have increased; while my body weight is still at 220! Everyone said that when I switched a Vegan Diet that I would lose muscle mass and strength; NONE of which is true at all!! My strength has not diminished at all, and I have noticed much more striations and vascular developments in all of my muscles! I happy that I switched to a Vegan Diet; although I really don’t have very much to write about it…since this is all fairly new to me! I also am glad that I have Robert and this community of other Vegan Athletes to gain practical information to apply in achieving my fitness goals!

Cool about the auto mechanics, I like "real" work like that, stuff that has a tangible result.

Contrats on going vegan! Vegan nutrition can be tailored to any need. We have endurance athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters, strong men and just lazy fat guys like myself. You should search posts by Jonothan. He is 6' 8" and before going vegan a few years ago was only 160 pounds, now he's a 275 pound powerlifting/strongman monster. Oh, and don't miss "veganessentials" aka Ryan, he's only about 6' and around 280 pounds and been vegan for over a decade!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Justin!

We have a great group here and we just got better with you joining us. Awesome that we'll have another vegan on the bodybuilding stage this year. I think about 10 of us will hit the stage. I'll make a list soon so you'll know exactly who competes. We have about 700 registered vegan athletes but only a small amount of competitive bodybuilders.

I've heard about that documentary you mentioned. Cool stuff man.

Please explore the forum. There is a lot of info here and even better, we have a really awesome community of members.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Be sure to post some photos in the Photos Section sometime!

Welcome to the Forum, Justin. I am pleased and excited to read of your interest in electric cars! Will you be teaching the process of conversion? I wish my Jeep Wrangler was electric!

Congratulations on your decision to go vegan. It is a healthy lifestyle, both physical and mental.

Enjoy the boards!

We have endurance athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters, strong men and just lazy fat guys like myself.

And Martial Artists too!

Welcome aboard, Justin. Glad to hear you've made significant progress on your new vegan diet. I noticed a big surge in strength and stamina when I became vegan, and reduced healing time. I'm sure you'll continue to reap the rewards.

I've seen Who Killed the Electric Car - great doc. I reviewed it on my website. I used to be a bit of a car guy, had a modded Miata that I drove at the local track. I sold it last Sept and bought my wife a smart fortwo CDI. I keep hoping electric cars make a comeback. When my old Accord dies I may by a hybrid. I'd consider a converted electric tho if I could find one.

Anyway, welcome!

Thanks to everyone’s warm welcomes! I am fortunate to find such a nice forum like this with people from diverse backgrounds! I will try to post much more often, and if you sent me a message....I will get back with you...right now the Chicago Auto Show is opening this coming weekend. I staff two booths with my students this coming Sunday. We promote our college and Automotive Education.

I do have a lot questions regarding vegan diet, more importantly some questionable ingredients.

Take care,

~Justin