Monark's Transition to Total Health

Monark

I'm not what most would consider unhealthy. I am probably healthier than 95% of the people I know. I have been focused on living a healthy lifestyle for at least 10 years. I take care of my immune system. I don't get sick. I see everyone around me coming down with colds, flu, any bug that happens to be going around. And I remain healthy.

There is disease/injury-free, and then there is pursuing maximum potential through the vehicle of a completely healthy body.

I am moving from disease/injury-free to optimum potential realization.

Got my tax refunds back this week and purchased a juicer, dehydrater, tons of organic seeds for sprouting, and all the related supplies for growing my own food at home.

I soaked seeds yesterday and placed them in their various sprouting apparati today - really looking forward to my first home-grown meal

My focus for now is to clear toxins from my body and raise my energy level to the point where I can work out consistently without becoming completely wiped out after a week of workouts.

Yesterday I tried my first 'sprout meal'. The sprouts I am growing now aren't ready yet, so I bought some . I used Dr. Ann Wigmore's Energy Soup recipe, which calls for buckwheat and sunflower sprouts. I couldn't find those at the store so I used what I had available, which included a combination of broccoli, alfalfa, clover, radish, and wheat sprouts.

It gave me a stomach ache. I really don't like hot, spicy foods, so I think the problem was the radish sprouts.

I made the recipe again this morning using only alfalfa sprouts, and it feels much better .

In the meantime, my own sprouts are growing well - I am making a batch of Rejuvelac, which is fermented sprouted wheat berries. It is an abundant source of enzymes, healthful microorganisms, and vitamins.

Thanks cubby !

This morning I threw a bunch of stuff I had on hand in the juicer - apple, carrots, sprouts (I used some of the broccoli/alfalfa/clover/radish/wheat sprouts - better when I just use a small amount ), almonds, and green pepper. Yummy !!!!

Had my first taste of the Rejuvelac yesterday - the recipe claims it tastes like lemonade - NOT . It does have a clean, refreshing kinda odd taste - if it works, I can get used to it .

The rest of my organic seeds for sprouting arrived today .

My second batch of Rejuvelac is done.

One thing that really bugs me is wasted food. What I love about the Rejuvelac is that after you use the wheat berries to make 2 batches of 'juice' you then grind and dry the berries to make wheat crackers ! Not a thing wasted Love It !!

Got a huge amount of produce today - I now have some beets, Zack !

Also, my first batch of home-grown sprouts is ready today .

I'm ready to juice, dehydrate, sprout and generally have fun in the kitchen .

Loaded up the dehydrator today . There's watermelon, pineapple, lemon, garlic, onion, bananas, apples, pears, kiwi, tomatoes, and sprouts in there .

I also started sprouting red winter wheat, sunflower, more buckwheat, alfalfa, broccoli, and lentils.

Whew!! Monday's and Tuesday's are super busy for me and leave little time for posting. Feels good to be back online .

I've been making lots of different sprout-related salads, juices, and snacks from Steve Meyerowitz's Kitchen Garden Cookbook.

I have noticed that I get incredibly tired and MUST sleep after eating Dr. Ann Wigmore's Energy Soup - which contains

1/2 apple

2 oz sprouts (I am using alfalfa)

1/8 C Dulse

1/4 Avocado

Blend together and eat like a bowl of thick soup.

This strong urge to sleep doesn't happen with any of the other recipes I've tried. I am thinking that this reaction is a healing response - that my body needs to fully absorb the nutrients in here.

Any ideas anyone?

Very happy with my sprouting efforts I've got very healthy alfalfa, sunflower, buckwheat, and broccoli sprouts growing How fun . Made more sprouted wheat bread today - good stuff !!!

I'm happy with the way this is working out - now I just have to come up with a schedule so I can make sure I have a continuous supply of the sprouts I need when I need them .

• 5 weeks later...

Whew - Hi everyone - I'm back .

A few posts back I mentioned that I needed to put together a sprouting schedule so I would have a continuous supply of sprouts as I needed them - took me awhile - but I've finally done that .

I've also been researching juicing and raw diet and getting a program put together to make sure I get all my nutrients naturally. I'm finally at a point where I have a system set up to make sure I get my nutrients in every day.

As far as juicing goes - does anyone know where I can find recipes that use all that pulp? I hate to waste anything and can't bring myself to throw the pulp out . I've found a few recipes that use carrot pulp - any suggestions for carrot, celery, beet, oh - and almond pulp that is left over from making almond milk.?

Thanks !!

Whew ! Have been switching more and more to raw and there is definitely cleansing go on here - sheesh !!

I am not brave enough to do a full cleanse at this point. I am going to begin doing a juice feast/fast one day a week and see how that goes. Still don't feel like I have the energy to get myself back in the gym but I'm definitely feeling like I'm on the right track and will keep pushing ahead

I'm at 100% raw now - with a Juice Feast in place for one day a week. Meal Plan made, going grocery shopping today - looking forward to feeling so much better .

I'm also feeling like I'm ready to head back to the gym for some cardio. Will let my body tell me when I am ready to start lifting again.

Back in the gym for some cardio today - felt good at the time. Sometimes, though - and I remember this from back when I was doing my martial arts - if I don't drink enough fluids before the workout I get a massive headache afterwords - it usually starts out small and gets worse and worse, doesn't go away until I take some aspirin or ibupro.

I started to get that headache today - hoping like crazy I wouldn't have to take any drugs, I meditated for an hour, then slept for another 1 1/2 hours. I have just a small bit of headache now that comes and goes. Glad it is much reduced and on the way out without using any drugs !!! Unfortunately taking the fluids after the fact doesn't help .

Feeling much better now - won't forget to drink my water in the morning any more