Nalgene bottles

CollegeB

My older sister told me about that a while ago, I was surprised.......but then again, nothing should really surprise us anymore.....companies seem to like to use animal products for whatever they can and like to test things on animals whenever they can. Luckily there are always alternatives and better options for more ethical decisions.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, I'm sure many were not aware of it.

A friend of mine told me that all of their lab equipment is supplied by Nalgene. All the test tubes and I dont know what else were from Nalgene and this was not some animal testing lab. I guess my point is that if you want to buy a Nalgene bottle the money you spend does go to to Nalgene, but they probably know what they sold and that it was not animal testing shit. By attending school and/or just paying taxes you undoubtebly have supported Nalgene because all schools buy test tubes and other lab equipment which most likely is from Nalgene.

Many of us buy clif bars. And on the package it says the bar may contain traces of dairy (well they used to, some I have now dont say that) anyhow they were made or processed in a factory which dealt with animal products, as do some of the brands of soy protien available to vegans. Buying these products supports the exploitation of animals in much the same way as buying a Nalgene bottle.

Considering these things I know I will continue to buy vegan protein powder and I am not concerned so much as where it was made. Many say well the clif bar just happened to be made in a factory that processes dariy and other non vegan materials. I did scratch off the Nalgene name from my bottle so as to not advertise for them, but if someone asked what kind it was I think I would tell them just incase they would choose Nalgene vs. something made in China which would, I believe cause more suffering to living beings than just buying a bottle from a company that also happens to make animal research stuff because they made all other lab stuff. As I assume, many goods from China were made by underpaid workers who are exploitated by a Communist government masquerading as some form of democracy. A government where they look the other way as companies put workers in dangerous conditions and then hamper workers from forming a resistance to these companies.

I suppose the best thing to do is not buy anything, but if you want to then here are two things I would consider.

Was this just rambling or am I making any kind of sense? I guess that since I own a bottle I could consider myself as a shareholder and ask that they improve the bottles and forget the animal testing stuff... That is really what the website I originally posted was about, asking Nalgene to change is products. Anyhow I was talking with a friend about the Nalgene thing and our conversation inspired this post.