Opinions Re: Tattoos...

veganmadre

And genital piercings? Yikes. That's going too far even for me. I can't even imagine.

Never say never.

NEVER!

I enjoy looking at well made tattoos and i think both, tattoos and peiercings, can be sexy if they add to the whole character instead of making an artificial and forced impression. Some people only get theirs to become cool, which doesn't work. But if it's used as a way to express oneself, if it derives from one's character, it's cool

That's why i don't have any and why i don't want some - i feel it's simply not my thing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy looking at well made tattoos and i think both, tattoos and peiercings, can be sexy if they add to the whole character instead of making an artificial and forced impression. Some people only get theirs to become cool, which doesn't work. But if it's used as a way to express oneself, if it derives from one's character, it's cool

yeah exactly, some people try too hard to be cool, and it doesn't work. for other people, it's just so natural for them to have a tattoo, like it's an extension of themselves.

i have always had a thing for ladies with tattoos, piercings, wild colored hair (i'm looking at you chesty and veggymeggy ), not sure why. but i have always seem to be drawn towards them.

i like the show Miami Ink, because it's more of a documentary than a 'reality show'. no silly drama kings and queens, no spoiled brats, no hamming it up for the camera. just a look at some tattoo artists and their clients talking about why they do what they do. it's actually has some substance to it... which is why it will probably be cancelled.

anyone else have a tattoo? anyone strongly against? reasoning for or against would be awesome...

I have a tattoo that I got when I was going through a very difficult time. I got a phoenix, because it reminds me that just like phoenixes rise up from the ashes, I always will too. I have not regretted getting it, despite my sister's comments of how odd it will look when I am 80 yrs old. (As if since it's in an unexposed area. )

There are a couple nice things about getting tattoos today, as opposed to say, 50 years ago. For starters, the quality of the ink is much better, so the tattoo lasts longer....colors don't fade and blur as much. (Plus there are always touch ups, I know my tattoo artist will do it anytime for free).

But ALSO, and this is what I always tell my parents, tattoo removal technology has come a loooong way. It's still expensive (and last I read, green is still a problem for taking off) but I'm sure by the time I'm 80 (which is awhile from now!) or ready to get rid of a tat (if that day comes!) it'll be a simple matter of visiting a dermatologist and getting it done.

these are my opinions on some piercings and are not intended to offend at all:

I love septum piercings, and stretched lobes on girls, (and the occasional lip or eyebrow). I think those threee are sooooo adorable.

I myself wanted my septum done but I have a deviated septum and broke my nose 3 times (you cant even tell, right?) but the end of my nose is sensitive, if you touch it I will have "pins and needles" feeling for a while. so anything related to piercing it would be uncomfortable. plus I dont want it to get ripped out/ or hit like my lip piercing had been done (which I no longer wear. you can see a small scar if you look close enough).

played out piercings that only work on select handful of girls if done right:

eyebrow, bottom lip (side), cartlidge, navel

piercings I can't stand:

monroe, surface, nipples, genitals, multiple lip piercings or center lip piercing

I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip but I am gonna be working in a gym and I know that wont be accepted, but I dont want to take it out and risk it closing up. anyone know about a clear retainer or something I could put in it??

also I thought about the eyebrow, but I think Id look like trash, plus I heard that over time it makes your brow droop due to the weight

I looked real cute when I had my lip done (age 18). I should post a picture sometime if I can

I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip but I am gonna be working in a gym and I know that wont be accepted, but I dont want to take it out and risk it closing up. anyone know about a clear retainer or something I could put in it??

Yeah, Glasswear Studios makes excellent retainers. My ex-girlfriend wears one in her labret at work.

also I thought about the eyebrow, but I think Id look like trash, plus I heard that over time it makes your brow droop due to the weight

I've never heard that, and I spend a LOT of time discussing piercings. You'd have to get a pretty damn big barbell or ring before the weight would become a factor. Eyebrows are extremely difficult to get to heal, and often migrate out, though.

I have my septum pierced. I generally wear a retainer, but now and then I put in a ring when the mood strikes.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/FormicaL/Nose+Ring+2.jpg

I used to have 2 nostril rings and a labret piercing, but I let them go a while back for work.

I have a tattoo on my back, between my shoulder blades. I would like to get another one, but I don't yet know what it would be.

I really want to pierce something again on me, possibly my lip

I have to say, I personally find lip piercings irresistable. Actually, I can attest the same is true for many of my friends as well. There's just something about it!

yepp. so ive decided to do my bottom right lip again. I just gotta gather the money and find a ride.

I wouldn't get a tattoo or get anything pierced, but its irrelevent to me if other people want to get them done, it's not something to judge somebody on. I hear about parents saying 'Blah, you're not allowed to get that pierced! blah'. I think, why does it matter? People have their priorities all wrong. I might be concerned from a practical point of view as a parent if my child as going to get a tattoo across their face or forehead, because it might affect their chances in a job interview. But I wouldn't tell them they couldn't do it. It's up to them.

I was teasing you Richard. (I do that sometimes ....)

When you say it's only temporary Sknydpr, do you mean the holes close up if you take out the rings or that they close up even if you keep the rings on ?

Edited by Crash

When you say it's only temporary Sknydpr, do you mean the holes close up if you take out the rings or that they close up even if you keep the rings on ?

There's too much strain on the jewelry for them to heal. If left in for very long, they would migrate out, leaving nasty scars.

And most piercings will close up if the jewelry is left out for any significant amount of time.