Monday 2/26 fast

Zack

So who's going to join in? I think we'll just blog for support, and it's up to you to do whatever fast you like. Personally, i'm doing juices and lemon water, some people are doing the master cleanse.

Who wants to do it? So far i've heard PrincessBee and a few others.

Well it is Monday 26th in the merry old land of oz now so I have started my juice fast!

I admit, I almost chickened out over the weekend, but woke up today and thought: WHY?

So here I am. I have never done a fast before and am not sure what to expect so I am committing to 3 days only. If at the end of 3 days I want to continue, I will, up to 7, then maybe 10.

I woke up late today as it is my one day off then got up for a stretch and a walk/jog for an hour. That was nice. Got home and drank two litres of salt water... maybe I didn't put enough salt in, but I didn't mind the flavour at all. I just finished that a couple of minutes ago. I had to drink it while rehearsing a show with my dance partner for this Sunday so it took ages.

I got my juices across the road at the fruit and veg market where they have a huge juicer and make you fresh juices for about $2.50. I got a carrot, beet and ginger and a carrot and ginger for later. It is a quarter to one here and I'm doing fine. Would've liked to have done salt water early this morning and started juices earlier, but the day just didn't work out like that for me especially as I didn't want to consume anything for at least an hour after my cardio.

So I will blog here over the next three days to let everyone know how I'm going. Would love to hear from others as well!

I don't want to drag ya down princess, but I strongly recommend getting your own juicer if you can. Even if the juice is not pasteurized and is fresh from the moment it's juiced, it begins to oxidize and loses nutritional value and enzyme activity, best to be made before you drink it if possible!

Good luck with your fast...I'm going to the store tommorow, haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet.

day one and two of juice fast success! i have had about five juices each day, mostly carrot and ginger though last night i did have a blended rock melon and this morning some blended watermelon.

i also did the salt water flush both mornings and what an interesting experience that is!

tomorrow is a colonic so i won't worry about the flush then, but will be back at it on thursday.

at this rate i will definitely do the fast longer than three days although solid food does look awful good especially when it smells so fragrant. i can do it though, no sweat.

still fasting, this is day five. i'd like to make it to seven, and then see how i feel about going to ten.

have been sticking to carrot and ginger and wondering if my eyesight will improve

i should add... went for another walk/jog, better than the first, figured the distance i have been doing is 6km so pleased with that.

detox symptoms, well, my period started! i have been on birth control to stop my period for two years, didn't know how badly it messes your hormones and body up... stopped six weeks ago was told it could take 2months - year before it returned!!! well, I think it has been brought on by the fast, like my body isn't working so hard to process food it can do other things, take care of other areas. much to my pleasure, the truly excrutiating pain of the past seem to be a thing of the past... cramps have been very dull to date and very bearable. this is truly miraculous.

now i have my period i feel a bit bleh but otherwise have been feeling great, calm, able to handle things, getting things done, feeling good.

lol scared everyone away talking about my period!

day nine and i'm still on the fast and still doing well. when i get to ten tomorrow i will think about going to 14 and see how i feel with that idea.

my period was completely pain free and everything was fine for my show on sunday night. people are telling me i'm glowing which is lovely and i've lost an inch around my waist.

my energy has been fine, not through the roof but good enough so that i feel perky and focused. a one hour workout on the pole yesterday and two hours this morning has me feeling well exercised too.

all is well in juice land.