Read about Matty Cakes

2-28-2007

Well, I started my 14 day juice fast it has not been bad other than things that are cooked smell way way good I have a roommate/friend that is fasting with me. So when times are tough we can talk about it. I'm being honest some times it seems really tough I wonder if I'm gonna make it the full 14 days. Well my heads up and I'm determined to finish my goal.

I started Monday the 26th so today is day 3. This morning feels really great compared to last night me feeling like crap. I'm excited for the day I'm waiting for the good detoxing to kick in.

Yesterday, Made awesome jalapeño spinach carrot juice I was impressed how amazing it was. jalapeño really kicks it up if you know what mean.

Go for the full 14 days if you can, I'm sure you will. Don't fault yourself if you don't, fasting is something to adjust to, a lengthy one when you're new to it isn't always easy.

Make it through the first few days though and it's much easier. Glad to hear it's going well man!

Yesterday,

The sweet detoxing started. I had the worst headache in the world and I don't get them often. I'm sure its from not drink my normal gallon of water a day. for some reason I haven't been drink much water. I may have been drinking to much before I dunno? I don't think you can drink to much water?

I went on a long car ride to a friends house when I got out of the car. I felt like dying every core muscle felt shitty very similar to flu like symptoms. I keep thinking also why am I doing this? questioning how I talked myself into it. I always want to sleep. I feel the best after I wake up from a long sleep. I used the bathroom for the 2nd time. I was plugged so spent some time in there and felt pretty good after.

Today,

I feel great! I know that my brain is at peak performance. I wrote pretty sick riff on the guitar right when I woke up. I feel that my senses are also at peak. Smells are way alive and raw food and the juice I make are the only things that seems appealing to me at the moment. cooked food this morning seems to trigger a alarm response like poison. I'm reallying think positive about everything and everyone.

The only down is my birthday is soon so my fast maybe 13 days and 12 hours. Celebrating my birthday with all my friends is going to be amazing so I think we will end the fast a little early for the party. debating if I should make it a raw party or cooked food party. If its a Raw party then I will make all of the food(which, I kinda wanna do because I love making raw food for others.) If its a cooked food party I'm sure that Xtina(A good friend) would make amazing food! like vegan tamales. So we will see when the day comes

Yesterday+,

The rest of the day was just as amazing as the morning. I felt really great all day right now I'm not missing whole food at all. the bathroom session was a little disturbing . So It was a good Idea for me to juice and keep the detox going.

I'm really not a fan of just juice for some reason. I like drinking water and I'm not drinking a ton of juice. My roommate he is drinking around a gallon of juice a day!! He told me he likes juice and juicing so more power to people like him. I'm not miserable with juice fast by any stretch.

On Monday I dislocated my right pinky finger playing basketball. My right pinky was shaped like an S. Everyone was freaking out but me. I didn't hurt hardly at all but, it looked really messed up! nobody at the gym could set it so I went to the ER Not thrilled about the doctor bill from them..yikes! Today my finger is almost completely better. It healed 3x times faster than normal. I have full range of motion, its a little tender thats it, it bruised but almost completely better.

Everyone that we know except for me and my friend Kaden(raw and juicing with me.) Has gotten a little respiratory cold and have been coughing like crazy. Me and Kaden have not been sick yet. Im sure that are immune systems are freaking MMA fighters right now. Me healing faster and not getting sick is a direct correlation of our diets.

today,

I slept really good last night. wrote some more riffs this morning for about an hour, I hope I didn't wake up everyone. After I made some really amazing fruit juice Orange, Peach, and strawberry that turned into a delicious fruit smoothie! I love them they taste better then any sweetened ice drink I have ever had. stoked to play guitar when I get off the PC. I can't stop listening to Deadlock(ger) they are amazing and xveganx

http://www.myspace.com/xdeadlockx check them out.[/url][/b]

really, with just ice and juice. they really are not that smoothie I drink them just like the juice?

As far as I know, anythin bulky will start up digestion, even too much pulp! I don't think it has any effect on cleansing, just make ya hungry I guess.