Opposite of Richard's Hunger Issues

veganmadre

So, I tried to get my answer from his thread but it didn't work. Here's my dilemma - I have been waking up at 5:00am every day for the past week STARVING....I mean, so hungry that it hurts! I can't ignore the hunger but I also want to go back to sleep and I'd hate to eat and then return to bed in 5 minutes. I fall asleep reasonably full at night. I suppose this has something to do with working out late in the evening. I can't change my workout schedule much so how can i better deal with the hunger in the mornings???

This is incredibly new to me! I usually have a hard time eating in the morning!

Hi madre! (nice new avatar )

I know this phenomenon. I think it is because you go to bed full, not even though! Try not to eat too late before sleeping, then eventually it shoul go away. Eat only a small meal after your work out.

Another thing you can try is to ignore the feeling and it might pass. It's not real hunger, it's more a feeling of a hole in your stomach. Okay, if you can't ignore it, try drinking some water instead of eating, that should do, too.

I had this, too, and i was afraid i wasn't getting enough calories and therefore i woke hungry. But i learned that it was just because i went to bed with a full stomach.

I hope this will help you,

love and peace,

Daywalker

Are you drinkig enough. I know that sounds silly, but a lot of people get confused signals, they believe they're hungry, when they're actually thirsty!

You can't really down a load of water before bed (well not if you wan tto sleep though anyway )

But sometimes increasing your water intake over the course of the day can help. It could also be you just aren't geting enuogh calories during the day & uppping your portions in one meal (to start with) might fix the problem too.

Check your general day to day lifestyle, see if anyhting tends to trigger it, it could be some oddity you've got like - if I eat such & such, or if I train legs hard etc, if you can discern a pattern, you can maybe sort it out pretty quick.