thoughts on weather

V VII Hero

I have noticed that the climate changes seem to be shifting. My friends don't agree, maybe I am stupid. But it seems like summer lasts until like october now, and then it becomes autumn, then it becomes properly winter in January, and then spring starts in May or something??

I have noticed that the climate changes seem to be shifting. My friends don't agree, maybe I am stupid. But it seems like summer lasts until like october now, and then it becomes autumn, then it becomes properly winter in January, and then spring starts in May or something??

You aren't stupid man!

http://www.unep-wcmc.org/climate/impacts.htm

Changes in seasons are already being noticed in many temperate regions. Birdsong is being reported earlier and spring flowers are emerging when it was once winter. In agricultural landscapes changes in the length of growing seasons may improve productivity in mid-latitudes and increase the potential for arable crops at high latitudes. Negative impacts may include increased ranges of insect pests and diseases, and failure of crops in some regions from drought or flooding.

http://blue.atmos.colostate.edu/courses/at786.shtml

Coastal communities dealing with beach erosion could face rising sea levels, which accelerate the process and magnify the damage caused by storms, according to scientists. Fishermen and farmers could struggle with shifting seasons and new diseases. Rising temperatures are also seen as a threat to Maine's winter tourism industries such as skiing and snowmobiling, and the maple-syrup industry.

Last december there were a few days that were actually in the 80's here in TX, that is the first time I can remember weather that hot in december. But the cool weather does not even move in until november. I remember several halloweens where i've been in a mask just dripping sweat since its hot and humid. That weather makes dressing up no fun.

damn global warming. Polar bears are starving to death and their ice floes are melting. And all my self-centred colleagues at school can talk about is how "nice and warm" the next two months are going to be.

HHHEEEELLLLOOOO???!!! Humans are not the only species on the earth ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay rant over but it felt good to get it out

• 1 month later...