Killing cats to make gasoline

compassionategirl

Okay a friend of mine just told me that she read somewhere that in a European country somewhere (she couldnt remember where exactly) a man recently murdered 20 cats to make a gallon of gasoline!

Then, he applied to the gov of his country for permission to make this a business and go into the business of murdering cats for gasoline. Thankfully, he was denied permission.

But he apparently vowed that he would continue doing so to make his own gas because of the skyrocketting gas prices.

recap: 20 cats murdered to make a gallon of gasoline apparently.

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in describing this person as evil, and would love the opportunity to make gasoline out of him.

Germany, I believe. I read something about this, though the article just said that he made gas from the bodies of cats and some other ingredients; it conveniently omitted that he had killed the cats for this purpose. I had imagined he had been getting the already dead cats from somewhere (like a pound?).

Are there no laws in Germany against killing cats?

Germany, I believe. I read something about this, though the article just said that he made gas from the bodies of cats and some other ingredients; it conveniently omitted that he had killed the cats for this purpose. I had imagined he had been getting the already dead cats from somewhere (like a pound?).

Are there no laws in Germany against killing cats?

Hi Formica,

Well, you never know with the media. Maybe the media reporting the issue here was wrong about him murdering the cats (I sure hope that was the case). Or, like you said, maybe some media sources failed to report that part.

A good example how rumors spread, grow and take roots on the way.

The BILD-Newspaper is infamous for it's low quality journalism, i don't know how your equvalent is called, but such "newspapers" exist everywhere. They write only crap, lies and exaggerations, and have more pictures than words in it.

And even BILD didn't write Koch killed the cats, they (falsely) claimed that he had used dead cats. It seems to me that somewhere on the way to you, CG, the information has changed

Another detail is that in the BILD-article they said 20 cats for one full tank, not for one gallon. I mention that only to show how information alters by passing through many mouths.

Actually i think Koch (the inventor) has made an interesting discovery: how to recycle waste into fuel. That probably won't solve the ecological problems, but it is an energy source the oil-corps might want to prevent from hitting the market too soon.

So what did that BILD article say again on the subject...

D.