become a personal trainer?? life goals?

V VII Hero

Sorry, little late catching up on this one!

Wondering if maybe the whole Mom thing is a white middle class thing?! I also didn't finish college - went for about 2 years and then kept dropping out and reentering (about 80 credits complete)...couldn't really stand the atmosphere and the other students - I'm a loner. Anyway, MY MOM ALSO thinks I am foolish and "Wasting MY Potential" with this "ALternative Lifestyle Rebellion". I'm sorry, but I'm betting that traditional teenage/young adult rebellions don't last 7 years! Geez. I've just recently started to gain some perspective on who I am but I still struggle to put all the pieces together and I can't decide if I should completely scratch my old goals - which I've come fairly close to accomplishing or develop new goals that suit my new lifestyle/identity.

I"m sorry, by John Mayer hits when he sings about 1/4 life crisis.

Sorry, little late catching up on this one!

Wondering if maybe the whole Mom thing is a white middle class thing?! I also didn't finish college - went for about 2 years and then kept dropping out and reentering (about 80 credits complete)...couldn't really stand the atmosphere and the other students - I'm a loner. Anyway, MY MOM ALSO thinks I am foolish and "Wasting MY Potential" with this "ALternative Lifestyle Rebellion". I'm sorry, but I'm betting that traditional teenage/young adult rebellions don't last 7 years! Geez. I've just recently started to gain some perspective on who I am but I still struggle to put all the pieces together and I can't decide if I should completely scratch my old goals - which I've come fairly close to accomplishing or develop new goals that suit my new lifestyle/identity.

I"m sorry, by John Mayer hits when he sings about 1/4 life crisis.

The whole "Mom thing" is not just a middle class white folk thing. It is even worse in the Asian household (glad I am just half and didn't live in such) where they even go as far as disowning the kid if they do not finish college. I say, do what works and makes you happy, but be realistic. If you like doing lower jobs like Maintanence and do not want to pursue college, go and do it. However if you want to live a grandiose lifestyle, either have a good skill (such as acting), go to school, or hit the jackpot.

I was studing psychology and social services - I knew I wanted to do some type of advocacy/social work. These jobs are poverty level jobs -even with degrees. I decided, at the time, that I could move up quicker within a social service agency (which I did) by working full time than by completing school. Now, however, I'm finding that there is a reason social services jobs have such a high turnover rate - also, doesn't help that Bush and Swawtenagger ( I say that with an accent) are cutting all kinds of social programs....

I was studing psychology and social services - I knew I wanted to do some type of advocacy/social work. These jobs are poverty level jobs -even with degrees. I decided, at the time, that I could move up quicker within a social service agency (which I did) by working full time than by completing school. Now, however, I'm finding that there is a reason social services jobs have such a high turnover rate - also, doesn't help that Bush and Swawtenagger ( I say that with an accent) are cutting all kinds of social programs....

Ughh..I just hate that. I have read a few things about them taking the money out of animal stuff for other issues. Also Bush now saying that they are going to drill in the Artic Refuge...that's just not pretty.

Apparently, our lovely governor is running a campaign now to make the public mistrustful of public employees in an attempt to swiftly eliminate a number of positions without huge public backlash....there was an article,I the LA Times from a insider back in May or June, I want to say.

• 3 weeks later...

Ughh..I just hate that. I have read a few things about them taking the money out of animal stuff for other issues. Also Bush now saying that they are going to drill in the Artic Refuge...that's just not pretty.

wait?! theyre gonna drill in the arctic refuge? wont that like destroy the area and habitats for animals?

Madre you are lucky you don't work in TX. We have very little money for social services. We actually spend only a quarter on each alcoholic in the state that is in a rehab program. And that is annually. In Denton alone we have a place with 48 beds that is to serve an addict population of 500. Now rehab agencies cannot be within i think 1,000 yrds of a church or atleast that is what our brainless politicians are proposing. There are plenty of rehab programs that would like to see their clients go to church. I'm leaving TX to find work. Maybe i'll come back when i can have a private practice. My life goal is to get into a clinical psych program or rehab program. Finish up with a doctorate sometime. If all else fails I'll be a detective. Though running a vegan eatery would also be a dream come true. I should take a few business courses before I try that though.