Nutrition write-up (looking for tips)

Hello. Hoping I can get some feedback in this forum. I am trying to put together a full days eating schedule with the maximum number of clean meals I can fit and good timing for optimum absorption and metabolization. I work around the confines of an office clock (9-5:30) so I have to be creative. I was thinking of the following:

{9:00am} Replacing traditional breakfast with the MyVega meal substitute. I am assuming that I will assimilate the protein more effectively based on what I read about the product. By eating the carbs and fats that are in the shake early in the day I also hope to burn more and more effectively through the day.

{10:30am} NoFat, Fruit Yogurt - 6 oz cup.

{12:00pm} Clean lunch, whole grain breads, lean foods, green veggies.

{2:30pm} - Protein Shake - low fat/carbs (non meal replacement)

{5:30pm - 7:30pm} - Workout, cardio.

{8/8:30pm} Dinner, lean, clean and prepared light. Salad, veggies and clean carbs.

Now, I've read that maximum protein uptake occurs one hour after the workout. Whereas I'd like to time the protein shake immediately after the workout, I lift in the evening so I can't (that's dinner time). I feel eating the high protein dinner, along with the shake at the same time might be overloading and inefficient. Drinking the shake during the day will still allow good absorption while contributing to keeping my metabolism up while seated in my office.

I hope to get some good feedback/suggestions on this as it's my first real stab at writing out a nutrition plan for maximum efficiency.

Edited by pencilshaver20

I agree on the inefficiency part of having a shake then eating a meal. Having a midday shake makes more sense to me, unless your dinner is not so high in protein. Maybe have a shake with veggies for dinner... I too have a shake after workouts and if it happens to be around dinner time I wait half an hour or so, start cooking, then eat which has usually been an hour since the shake. This way I get lots of protein after my workout.

• 2 weeks later...